2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Question 5 Para 2
"If the alien is not admissible as an H-1 or L-1 nonimmigrant, then he or she cannot be readmitted as an H-1 or L-1 nonimmigrant. Instead, such an alien may be paroled into the United States."

The above statement seems to imply that you cannot re-enter with a H1B if you used AP.

I140 revoke

Gurus,

I have a question.
EB3 PD:4/2003
I485/140/EAD/AP RD:12/2004
EAD,AP,I140 Approved 01/2005
FP 02/2005

It has been more than 6 months that I140 is approved.Now working on EAD to the client(not the sponsering employer).made a deal with GC sponsering company that will pay some amount every month.They allowed me to work for client direclty.Now they are demanding more money,saying otherwise will revoke I140.

How to deal with this?

Do i need to bow for their demands ?????

Or is there anything I can do.

Client doesn't do GC.

I heard abt AC21,but I believe AC21 needs someone reply RFE.Client doesn't do GC atall.Its a public firm.

Any suggestions???

Minicooper.

EAD and business

Hi All,

I had EAD. Still I am working on H1 only. Can we start our own firm or run a small business like owning a Store or gas station with EAD. Does anyone have any idea.

Thanks!!

GCBee

minicooper said:
Gurus,

I have a question.
FP 02/2005

It has been more than 6 months that I140 is approved.Now working on EAD to the client(not the sponsering employer).made a deal with GC sponsering company that will pay some amount every month.They allowed me to work for client direclty.Now they are demanding more money,saying otherwise will revoke I140.

How to deal with this?

Client doesn't do GC.

I heard abt AC21,but I believe AC21 needs someone reply RFE.Client doesn't do GC atall.Its a public firm.

Any suggestions???

Minicooper.

Hi Minicooper,
If your 140 got approved + your 485 has been pending for 180 days(count the days from 140 approval bcoz it is much safer than going by 485 ND) then you changed employer, I advise you to show your middle finger to your former employer if he/she threatens to revoke your 140. I am in the same situation and nothing happened to me.

Thanks

Hi Saffaronizeddesi,

Thanks for your support.Even I am planning to do the same.I would like to know the risks involved in this.

Can the sponcer revoke 140? (its more than 180 days of 140 approved)

If he does,what should I do?

I work on EAD to the client on W2 hourly basis,is this ok or Do i need to be permanent at clients place?

Any information or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Minicooper.

485 Rfe

HI All,

Bad news. I have got a RFE on 485 today. Got an email. My immigration journey is never ending.
I was happy last week that 140 got approved.I dont understand that why they did not give RFE earlier. This is really painful.

Any ideas on what kind of RFE people are getting on 485 nowadays.

Sometimes they do it for some medical typos, like instead of Yes a No might be Checked somewhere( Just an example) and may be sometimes they need employee letter , W2 and so on...Don't worry now. Wait till you get the letter from them. Should be a minor issue.
Cheer up and keep your fingers crossed, till you get the letter.

gc_hopefull said:
HI All,

Bad news. I have got a RFE on 485 today. Got an email. My immigration journey is never ending.
I was happy last week that 140 got approved.I dont understand that why they did not give RFE earlier. This is really painful.

Any ideas on what kind of RFE people are getting on 485 nowadays.

permanent employer

I think you must have a permanent employer when you are on ac-21.

minicooper said:
Hi Saffaronizeddesi,

Thanks for your support.Even I am planning to do the same.I would like to know the risks involved in this.

I work on EAD to the client on W2 hourly basis,is this ok or Do i need to be permanent at clients place?

Minicooper.

Hi minicooper,

Based on what I have learned from this forum and elsewhere, you stand a small chance of getting an RFE asking for recent payslips before getting 485 approval. If that happens you have a problem even if you continue to let this leech :mad: that was your former employer suck more.

If I were in your situation, I would seriously look at the possibility of doing contracting for the same client through a fairly decent :confused: desi body-shopper who would support AC21.

I-140/485 concurrent filing, EB3 Sub Labor
PD: 3/29/2004
RD: 12/30/2004
ND: 01/14/2005
I-140: AD 03/29/2005

minicooper said:
Gurus,

I have a question.
FP 02/2005

How to deal with this?

Client doesn't do GC.

Any suggestions???

Minicooper.

Could be Relief for all of us

Hi,
As per CEIRA, the 50,000 visas from the diversity lottery program are shifted to the existing employment-based quota.
This raises the total annual cap of employment-based immigrant visas from 140,000 to 190,000. CEIRA also recaptures the unused numbers from prior years to provide some temporary relief to the backlog, and redistributes the numbers so that the EB-1 and EB-2 immigrant visa categories get 10% each, EB-3 gets 35%, the new EB-4 (investor) category gets 4%, and the new EB-5 (other workers) category gets 36%.

Source:

http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9a...eac7e40ce19caaa18525705f00621a13?OpenDocument

Thx

nivasch -

it's just a bill, a proposal. CEIRA isn't approved or implemented in any way, shape or form as yet.

Here's a quote from the first para of the link - "Support for immigration reform appears to be growing, particularly through the vehicles of the McCain-Kennedy and Kyl-Cornyn bills. Still, disagreements continue and any final action is months or possibly years away..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Any 485 approvals in last two weeks

I didnt notice any 485 approval postings in last two weeks :mad: . It is a kind of too slow, whats going on with VSC. Mass vacation!!! Anybody has any thoughts??

minicooper said:
Hi Saffaronizeddesi,

Minicooper.

Hi Minicooper,
I would recommend working as a permanent employee for a client or a desi-company who would support you throughout your 485 process (jus incase if you receive rfe). I also recommend not to send AC21 right now (send them if USCIS requests you to do so).

Send me PM if you have any questions. I was in a similar situation and currently working for a client as permanent employee using EAD.

I feel all the officers are working on H1B papers . as per today news this year H1B visa quota completed. so, mostly monday onwords officers will start working on 140/485s again. let us hope something from next week

PAUL123 said:
I didnt notice any 485 approval postings in last two weeks :mad: . It is a kind of too slow, whats going on with VSC. Mass vacation!!! Anybody has any thoughts??

I do agree with you. Looks right now they are totally concentrating on H1Bs. I do expect first week of Sept onwards will bring flurry of 140/485 approvals and again this forum will be kind of full of excitment sharing khushi/gum/wait again.

Hello

In the beginning of july my original GC employeer terminated my job. But I had EAD at that point and I140 was cleared, I485 was pending for more than 6 months. Even though I had an opportunity to join for the other companies as a fulltime employee, I joined an american consulting company on a 3 months contract to permanent position. I just finished 15 days with the client through the consulting company. Initially the consulting company had accepted to provide me paystubs for that contract period (3 months) but after receiving my first week's pay I noticed hourly pay rate mentioned in my paystub. Now they are saying that that I am there with them on a contract position only and cannot change it to permanent status meaning that they can't provide the paystub without showing the hourly rate and also diagreeing to provide a letter stating the permenent position just in case I needed (If I received RFE). Now I am worried since I am very much expecting the RFE in the next month(Sep 2005). Please guide me how to solve this since I have already gone too far. ( The client is 100% satisfied with the work and will be hiring after 3 month of contract period)

What letters shoud I get from the new employer if they hired me on AC21
Thanks in advance
:( :confused:

minicooper said:
Gurus,

I have a question.
FP 02/2005

How to deal with this?

Client doesn't do GC.

Any suggestions???

Minicooper.
You do not need to worry - they cannot revoke your 140 now. One more thing - try to get ex-employers demand in email/writing - you can then screw him. :D

RFE on 485 is directed to you. You can hire another lawyer fill G-28 and relax. Just make sure that your current company is willing to give you employment verification letter(search on EVL on the forum).

Also search on AC-21 thread by hmd - he has given all info that you will need.

All the best.

Slave_Victim said:
In the beginning of july my original GC employeer terminated my job. But I had EAD at that point and I140 was cleared, I485 was pending for more than 6 months. Even though I had an opportunity to join for the other companies as a fulltime employee, I joined an american consulting company on a 3 months contract to permanent position. I just finished 15 days with the client through the consulting company. Initially the consulting company had accepted to provide me paystubs for that contract period (3 months) but after receiving my first week's pay I noticed hourly pay rate mentioned in my paystub. Now they are saying that that I am there with them on a contract position only and cannot change it to permanent status meaning that they can't provide the paystub without showing the hourly rate and also diagreeing to provide a letter stating the permenent position just in case I needed (If I received RFE). Now I am worried since I am very much expecting the RFE in the next month(Sep 2005). Please guide me how to solve this since I have already gone too far. ( The client is 100% satisfied with the work and will be hiring after 3 month of contract period)

What letters shoud I get from the new employer if they hired me on AC21
Thanks in advance
:( :confused:
EVL is more important - try to find another employer who would be willing to do so after you get your GC. Your hourly rate will not matter as long as you have someone who would be willing to give such thing in writing.

BTW - develop a habit of searching forum. :D Check Want GC Soon's post (around 6th Aug - if I remember correctly that is what he told me is his interview date).

Eighth year

Hi All,

I need to apply for 8th year extention. Last time when I applied it before November. At that time there was no change in the INS fee structure later they changed to 1500 + 500 additionally for H1 B (for fat employers). Will it effect me also for the extention with same employer also?

Thanks!!

Gcbee

No additional fees if it is 2nd "extension".

The additional fees applies to
1. The first time you Process a H1 with a company, New or Transfer
2. The first extension of H1 with the same company