2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Guys

I have recieved my FP notice for CODE 3 and is scheduled on Aug 3rd. Kindly can you guys help me with this CODE 3 issue. What should i do. What docs i need to take with me. What should I ask them at the center for getting this CODE 3 done right.

Pls your help will be highly appreciated.

pallu2004 said:
Guys

I have recieved my FP notice for CODE 3 and is scheduled on Aug 3rd. Kindly can you guys help me with this CODE 3 issue. What should i do. What docs i need to take with me. What should I ask them at the center for getting this CODE 3 done right.

They will ask for the FP notice. Your driver's license will suffice. But we carried our passports too. Make sure they take your digital FPs of thumb, index and all fingers and also your photograph.
HTH,
GCALB

Congratulations to you Ravikanth!! Your approval is like finding an oasis in a desert! Gives us some hope......enjoy and celebrate!

gcalb said:
They will ask for the FP notice. Your driver's license will suffice. But we carried our passports too. Make sure they take your digital FPs of thumb, index and all fingers and also your photograph.
HTH,
GCALB

Congratulations to you Ravikanth!! Your approval is like finding an oasis in a desert! Gives us some hope......enjoy and celebrate!

Thank you GCALB

This is what i am carrying with me:

1. Original FP Notice - Mr & Mrs
2. Original 485 Reciept - Mr & Mrs
3. Original Passport - Mr & Mrs
4. Drivers License - Mr & Mrs (DL is of Virginia but address is not the same as it is in 485 and FP Notice)

This is what i will ensure that should happen at the center

1. Digital FP for all the fingers - Mr & Mrs
2. Digital Pictures of face - Mr & Mrs
3. Digital Signature - Mr & Mrs

Question: Will this be enough or i need to take something more. Also my DL is of Virginia and my FP is also in Virginia, but my DL is showing a different address. will that be a issue.

Please help me in these things are correct or i need to do something else.

Gcprocess2005
Wait humbly?? Thats outrageous. Try to be on your employer/lawyer and make an inquiry again. Its been a very long wait for you.

Yeah! Thank you for replying to me. They are going to make an inquiry today. It's amazing how those people like to use weeks and months as the smallest indivisible units of time. CIS is the best at it, of course, but lawers are trying to do the same. Those people are in it for the money only (some of them!), and greed is stronger than anything else in this country, but that's a different conversation... Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
pallu2004 said:
Thank you GCALB

This is what i am carrying with me:

1. Original FP Notice - Mr & Mrs
2. Original 485 Reciept - Mr & Mrs
3. Original Passport - Mr & Mrs
4. Drivers License - Mr & Mrs (DL is of Virginia but address is not the same as it is in 485 and FP Notice)

This is what i will ensure that should happen at the center

1. Digital FP for all the fingers - Mr & Mrs
2. Digital Pictures of face - Mr & Mrs
3. Digital Signature - Mr & Mrs

Question: Will this be enough or i need to take something more. Also my DL is of Virginia and my FP is also in Virginia, but my DL is showing a different address. will that be a issue.

Please help me in these things are correct or i need to do something else.

Sounds like you've covered your base. Not sure if different address will be an issue.

Senate Judiciary hearing on "comprehensive immigration reform"

Guys,

Senate Judiciary hearing for comprehensive immigration reform (which includes to recapture of unused immigrant visas and increase number of yearly immigrant visas to 290,000 - that can potentially solve visa retrogression issue) is scheduled on Tuesday, Jul. 26, 2005 9:30 a.m.

So come on guys...please..please send emails / letters / fax / make phone calls to your senators as well as senate judiciary members. Our goal is to hit our message to them by Monday. Everyone's effort counts!

Here is the link where you will find contact info of your senators and other committee members:

http://immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1202739&postcount=183

Please modify the letter according to your situation.

Ead/ap

pallu2004 said:
Guys

Hi PALLU2004,

Why ur EAD and AP has not been approved? Did you get an Interim EAD from ur local office? Did u call CIS asking the status of EAD/AP.

Pallu bhaiya,
Whatever you carry , anyway, its already mentioned above...But Please go there early.
Even if your appointment time might be 3:00 pm, GO there early in the morning. When they open the door, kjust rush inside and get the ticket Or else break the door and get the ticket, even before the clerk can get it.
:) :D

pallu2004 said:
Guys

PLEASE_GIVE_GC said:
Hi PALLU2004,

Why ur EAD and AP has not been approved? Did you get an Interim EAD from ur local office? Did u call CIS asking the status of EAD/AP.

Hi Please Give GC

EAD and AP has not been approved as of now. i did not go for interim EAD as i dont need it. i have H1B valid till 2007. main focus is to get 140 first....but they issued me FP now. still waiting for 140 after 3 months of responding back to RFE.

Gcprocess2005 said:
Hi Erics,

What would be your suggestion with regards to my case?
Hope to hear from you and thanks for ur time.

I-485/I140 Concurrent Filing
EB3/Subs
Service Center - Vermont
RD 12/22/2004
ND 12/29/2004
FP :4/22/2005
FP recd : 5/02/2005
As your case is EB3, 485 cannot be processed/approved untill visa numbers become available. Your lawyer/employer should call USCIS customer service number to find out why your 140 is not approved yet.
It is also important for you to know your priority date. As you may know that once EB3 becomes available, only the 485s with current PD will be processed.

lbud2 said:
My H1B expired in Jan 2005.

140/485 was applied on Apr 2, 2004,
140 was approved on Nov 25 2004.

Another comapny is interested in hiring me, my questions are,

1. Can they extend my H1?
IMHO, no. As you are not currently on H1, so you cannot transfer or extend H1. I think you are already aware that you can join that new employer on the EAD that you are currently working on.
2. Can/What if my prev. company revokes my 140.
Thanks
Previous employer can try to revoke 140. In that case USCIS will issue a NOID or denial. You need to respond to it with AC21 documentation and you will be fine. Please read AC21 forum and make sure you meet all the requirements for AC21.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

EricS said:
As your case is EB3, 485 cannot be processed/approved untill visa numbers become available. Your lawyer/employer should call USCIS customer service number to find out why your 140 is not approved yet.
It is also important for you to know your priority date. As you may know that once EB3 becomes available, only the 485s with current PD will be processed.

Hi Erics,
Thanks a lot for your time. My employer says that my PD is sometime in year 2001. But my 140 is not approved yet. Does INS by any chance give a different PD on the 140 approval notice?
Im confused.
Please let me know..
Thanks again..

Hello Guys

Congrats for those who got their green card!!!!!. My wife case is not yet approved. We called USCIS today and we have been told that my wife case is waiting for security check. Does anybody is heard or waiting for security check?.

Is there anyway I can find out what is going with security check?. If anyone has idea, Please help me!!!!
Thanks,
Karan29

Gcprocess2005 said:
Hi Erics,
Thanks a lot for your time. My employer says that my PD is sometime in year 2001. But my 140 is not approved yet. Does INS by any chance give a different PD on the 140 approval notice?
Im confused.
Please let me know..
Thanks again..
Your PD will be the date of original LC filing date, i.e. sometime in 2001. This has been reported by many users who have LC substitue case.

FYI: As per the rules, PD for LC substitute cases is the date of filing of 140, but this is not practiced by USCIS.

It's a big mess

karan29 said:
Congrats for those who got their green card!!!!!. My wife case is not yet approved. We called USCIS today and we have been told that my wife case is waiting for security check. Does anybody is heard or waiting for security check?.

Is there anyway I can find out what is going with security check?. If anyone has idea, Please help me!!!!
Thanks,
Karan29

It's a big mess, but don't panic. It is completely depended on luck! But things you can do is sending an e-mail to FBINNCP@ asking for status, and utilize FOIPA request... After that probaby contacting a senator/congressman might help. There is abundant info about this in this website, search through.

EricS said:
Your PD will be the date of original LC filing date, i.e. sometime in 2001. This has been reported by many users who have LC substitue case.

FYI: As per the rules, PD for LC substitute cases is the date of filing of 140, but this is not practiced by USCIS.

Thanks very much, Erics. I really appreciate your time and help in this regard!

Guys,

What is "CRIS"? I got emails (plenty of them) requesting additional evidence/information on our Travel Documents, from USCIS-CSSO and CRIS.

Thanks,
GCALB

140 Approved

ATLAST -- it is approved -- on 7/21/05.

I found out now -- mine was EB2 and not EB3 -- Please update the tracker with the same.

Been to India -- didnt even bother to check the status for the last month and then the sweet email arrives.

One more step closer.