2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

ziv711 said:
ACcording to the online status, the RFE was mailed on 5/31. I got the email from the lawyer on Friday, 6/3. I would say then it takes 3 business days, so your lawyer should get your RFE either today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the info
AD

c9411010 said:
with all the retrogression going on and probability of pd moving appearing bleak.. what would happen to the result of the fingerprinting and medical test submitted while filing i485.. how long do the results remain valid.. what happens after that .. any ideas ??????

According to my understanding, the medicals are valid for one year prior to filing I485. once you file I485, it is valid indefinitely unless the CIS people find something to complain about. FP may be valid for a 1 -1.5 years but I am not sure.

validity for medical test for I485

I can share my case.
I got medical done in Nov'04. Got a RFE for medical.
Actually this was a typo mistake on I693 or whatever that form # is.
I went back to the doctors clinic and since it has not passed one year,
They re-did the paper work again with correct information and gave me a new sealed envelop Free of cost.
My take on this is, If you apply for I485 with medical data/form ...its valid as long as there is no RFE on medical.
Now , If there is an RFE on medical, then whether one year has passed or not is the question?
If one year passed, then I GUESS, medical test becomes invalid, and I GUESS/ASSUME that Doctor might have to run some minor test or something again. ...Need to confirm, incase someone has gone thru this scenario.
If one year has not passed, then same information could be reused by doctors office, and they could correct any errors/mistakes ..This is what happened in my case.
There could be other scenarios too..?

VA_CH said:
According to my understanding, the medicals are valid for one year prior to filing I485. once you file I485, it is valid indefinitely unless the CIS people find something to complain about. FP may be valid for a 1 -1.5 years but I am not sure.

RFE received

Got to know the contents for the RFE.

1. Earning statement for the last three months.
2. Employment letter from propective employer
3. Federal tax returns for the last two years
4. Copy of Arrival departure record (Form I-94)
5. Waiver of 2-year home country requirement.

The weird thing is my case was a NIW case and there is no propective employer. I still work for the same university from which I had filed. Also these information I had submitted before but you cant complain when they ask for them again. At least things they wanted, I could deal with it immediately. Hope the attorney sends back the required documents quickly.

Update

I will update using your 31st May post # 9498....
Please check your PM tomorrow morning, if I need some guidelines or instructions.. thanks.
patnams said:
Guys, I am too occupied this week, can anyone update the excel sheet please. You got to take the last updated sheet, read all the posts after that and update the excel sheet and then upload it.

I will pick it up next week.

thanks

Relieeeeeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeddddd.. 485 Approved

Hello All,
Both mine and my wife's cases have an LUD today with the message changed to

"On June 4, 2005, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283"

I don't know if there were any LUDs in the last week as I was busy so I could not check it.
I had called USCIS this afternoon and spoke to a customer service representative. She had mentioned that our applications got approved on 05/31, though there was no LUD or email, and the card was mailed out on 06/04.
Surprisingly, when I got home today, I found the approval notices as well as the cards in the mail. I wasn't sure why they sent 2 approval notices for my wife. Anyways I am relieved to let you all know that my journey, which started with couple of failed attempts, finally ended well.
I would like to thank you all for the support and information you have provided. This forum is really great.

My wife is in India now. She is going to come back in 1st week of July using AP. I assume it will not be a problem. Also I am not sure if I can send her the card and she can use it to come back.

Thanks again

SG

Updated 2004 List

New Updates:
sarwarmd, with country of birth (labor priority date , I did not find it in your signature)
ziv711, RFE received
rrcreddy4, Added new record and RFE Details - Visa Screen Certificate
bostondude, 485 approval - 05/31/2005
nkalakonda, 140 approval - 06/01/2005
ajayam, Added new record and 485 approval - 06/01/05
VA_CH , RFE Comment
ronbans, 140 Denied - 06/02/2005
oajnabi, 485 approval - 06/03/2005
Slave_Victim, added new record and RFE details RFE : only for SPOUSE, SON
sammy0001, 485 approval - 06/03/2005
sg1973, 485 approval - 05/31/2005

I-485 Approved...

Hi All,

I have been a silent member of this forum and wanted to pass on the good news. My apologies for not regularly taking part. I got an email from USCIS that my case was approved today. I consider it an obligation to update this forum as it helped me a lot.

Here are my details:

EB2, NY, MS + 5 years,
PD: 08-22-2001
Labor AD: 06-14-2004
I-140 Filed Date: 07-23-2004
I-485 Filed Date: 07-23-2004
I-485/I-140 ND: 08/18/2004
I-140 AD: 03-07-2005
FP ND: 03-07-2005
FP Done 04/07/05
I-485 AD (email): 06/06/05
Card ordered email: 06/06/05

Thanks again. Good luck to all.

Congratulations Americanada!!! That was a long wait from your Labor to approval....

americanada said:
Hi All,

I have been a silent member of this forum and wanted to pass on the good news. My apologies for not regularly taking part. I got an email from USCIS that my case was approved today. I consider it an obligation to update this forum as it helped me a lot.

Here are my details:

EB2, NY, MS + 5 years,
PD: 08-22-2001
Labor AD: 06-14-2004
I-140 Filed Date: 07-23-2004
I-485 Filed Date: 07-23-2004
I-485/I-140 ND: 08/18/2004
I-140 AD: 03-07-2005
FP ND: 03-07-2005
FP Done 04/07/05
I-485 AD (email): 06/06/05
Card ordered email: 06/06/05

Thanks again. Good luck to all.

Please help! Name Check

My wife and I had our FP done on April 8 in Philly. Seeing so many people who had FP done around the same time getting 485 approvals, I called the VSC and was told that my case is waiting for the result of the name check. I have sent an e-mail asking about the statuses of name check for the both of us. But I have got no response. I have searched in this thread and found some FBI numbers. But other people said that calling FBI doesn't help. What can I do to (1) confirm that our name check results haven't been sent to VSC, and
(2) speed up name checks if they aren't completed yet?

thanks.

PLEASE_GIVE_GC said:
I think as per the new memo if it is past 180(since RD) days your employer withdrawing your 140 wiil not harm you. You are paroled into US based on Adjustment pending.

You have options to start all over again by finding a new employer who has a pre-approved labor. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks for your response.

How long does the FP processing takes?
Also, if I140 is not revoked by my employer, what are the pending processes and when can i expect the card?

Thanks in advance

Additional Cost for RFE

Hi Guys,

My attorney sent me a retro dated agreement which states that I need to pay additional amount for RFE's. Unfortunately, I got RFE for 140(Ability to pay) and 485(Visa screen certificate). I do understand that 140 RFE was little tough and 485 is easy. Any suggestions, does every one ask like this, if so any idea about the estimate. I am sorry to ask this. But my attorney has not mentioned anything about the $$$ now, but asking me to sign that agreement. Any ideas in this regard will be appreciated.

I am actually visitng him today to settle my balance. He still has to reply my 485 RFE.
P.S. The amended Visa Bulletin for Jun 2005 says that Schedule A is current for India. That why I am kinda in hurry.

rrcreddy4 said:
Hi Guys,

My attorney sent me a retro dated agreement which states that I need to pay additional amount for RFE's. Unfortunately, I got RFE for 140(Ability to pay) and 485(Visa screen certificate). I do understand that 140 RFE was little tough and 485 is easy. Any suggestions, does every one ask like this, if so any idea about the estimate. I am sorry to ask this. But my attorney has not mentioned anything about the $$$ now, but asking me to sign that agreement. Any ideas in this regard will be appreciated.

I am actually visitng him today to settle my balance. He still has to reply my 485 RFE.
P.S. The amended Visa Bulletin for Jun 2005 says that Schedule A is current for India. That why I am kinda in hurry.

I heard that somebody paid to his lawyer around 1500 for an RFE, which is outreageous. If I'd be in your place with the PD current, I'd pay anything just to be done with this mess.

485 approved

Hi,

I have been a silent reader of this wonderful forum.
Yesterday we got 485 approval for both our applications. The approval says that they will mail cards to us.
details are in signature.
I need some suggestion from the forum members. Last week ( before getting approval) we discussed with our lawyer about EAD renew since it was going to expire by end of this month. He filled some papers from his side. After getting approval yesterday we informed him its not needed anymore.
But he said that he did paper work from his side so he will charge $600( for both of us)

I feel its very unreasonable. Since he just did some preparation( nether we nor USCIS was involved) does this cost justify? Any suggestions would be helpful.

EB3 VSC Labor Substitute Case
I-140/485/EAD/AP concurrent filing
RD: 04/12/2004
ND: 04/15/2005
I-140 approved on 02/21/2005
I-485 LUD on 04/05/2005, 04/06/2005,04/18/05,04/20/05
FP Appointment Date:04/05/2005

Read Original Contract/Agreement

First read carefully your original contract/agreement. So far none of people whom I know have paid any additional amount for RFE (140 and 485). First of all Attorney's GC fees should cover for complete service. (it is important that you read your agreement even before you ask your attorney this question).
You may get tempted to pay the fee and get over with it. but right thing will be ask your attorney why he is charging extra (certainly why for 140).

rrcreddy4 said:
Hi Guys,

I have not signed any agreement as of now. Except authorizing him(693 form or something) to represent me.

I am going to tell him that it should cover everything.

So far everything was verbal agreement and He never mentioned that RFE will cost extra.

Thanks

Hi,
Is any one get Approval or New LUDs,
whose FP Received date as 04/11/05..
Please share the info
Thanks,

how did you get VSC tell you more about your status

Hi, opthb

" Please help! Name Check
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife and I had our FP done on April 8 in Philly. Seeing so many people who had FP done around the same time getting 485 approvals, I called the VSC and was told that my case is waiting for the result of the name check. ...."

How did you get VSC rep to tell you things like "name check is pending"? What numbers did you dial, what options did you choose, and what did you say to the rep to let him/her tell you more than the status check on the USCIS website can offer?

I think many of the folks in this forum will be interested in your answers. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Name check..........

I think something is fishy here. I have been seeing post like "Pending Name check" from GC seekers who have called VSC. Is this an standard answer the CS Rep is asked to give? I Got an RFE on my 485 (W2's, paystub, PP,EVL,I-94) and replied it on May 17th. I also did my FP on Mar 9th and till todate i have no Message change for "received FP" and i thought to call the VSC to just get the feel of it. The rep infact confirmed that they received My RFE reply and also the FP from FBI and when i asked abt the status (whether it has reached the adjudication area?) i was put on hold several time saying she had to navigate to several screens and access other system too(!?) and the final answer was "Pending name check"

If that is true, then in first place I should'nt have receive the RFE for 485 since RFE is issued when an case is ready to send to adjudication but lacks necessary evidence to support the case. So my conclusion is that name check pending is not the correct reason and it is just that the case is not assigned.

Any comment from others?

But anyhow to talk to VSC REP here you go.. (Thanks to JK)

Call 1-800-375-LATE

Steps:

1. Press 1 for English.
2. Press 2 for existing case.
3. Press 6 for case status.
4. Press 1 for known case status.
5. Punch case number which would be your 485 case number.
6. Listen till end of message.
7. At the end - listen instructions and press 3.
8. Press 4.

july2004filer said:
Hi, opthb

" Please help! Name Check
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My wife and I had our FP done on April 8 in Philly. Seeing so many people who had FP done around the same time getting 485 approvals, I called the VSC and was told that my case is waiting for the result of the name check. ...."

How did you get VSC rep to tell you things like "name check is pending"? What numbers did you dial, what options did you choose, and what did you say to the rep to let him/her tell you more than the status check on the USCIS website can offer?

I think many of the folks in this forum will be interested in your answers. Thanks