2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Made it to the Finish line

I finally made it to the finish line and joined the league of extraordinary gentlemen. I got the emails for the GC approval yesterday. The details are as follows:

GC Message: "On May 25, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Labor PD: June 2001 (EB3)
140/485/EAD ND: July 5th 2004
140 AD: Oct 2004
FP Done: 4/5/2005
FP received: 4/14/2005
485 AP: 05/25/2004.

Message Check - Beer

Beeru_thaaganu said:
Greetings, All:
The message has now changed to "On May 25, 2005, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready." for both of us.
Did you check this message before drinking Beer or After?
just kidding....
Wish you Happy & Safe Travel!
(BTW, At POE tell inspector your name "Beeru_thaaganu" with meaning... he will not trouble you further.. Again Kidding.

Thanks!

Sudh said:
Did you check this message before drinking Beer or After?
just kidding....
Wish you Happy & Safe Travel!
(BTW, At POE tell inspector your name "Beeru_thaaganu" with meaning... he will not trouble you further.. Again Kidding.

Thanks, Sudh. I checked it this morning. I couldn't have checked this last night, 'coz I wasn't in this world then. Anyway, thanks for your wishes and good luck to you!!

Thank you all for your good wishes, we finally got FP notice for my wife.
As you know from my previous post, that we called VSC for her FP notice. I do not know that my approval or that call, but something triggered her FP to be sent out. The point that I want to share with you is that although we changed our address in Jan 05 sometime, her FP notice went to our old address and that copy is already lost. Luckly, our Attorney called us and told that they have received a copy of FP notice. I asked them to FedEx it and we did the FP for her. It was code 1.

The FP notice went to old address even after her 485 reopen notice came to new address in March 05.

So if anyone of you is waiting for FP and have changed the address recently, please check with your attorney if they received the FP notice.

Beeru_thaaganu said:
Thanks, Sudh. I checked it this morning. I couldn't have checked this last night, 'coz I wasn't in this world then. Anyway, thanks for your wishes and good luck to you!!

Congratulations !! Infact my orinigal FP was scheduled on your date(04/23 at 11.00am), but it was post poned due to heavy crowd to 05/5..Expecting to hear the good news !!!!!!!!

Thanks
GCVA

No FP Notice For Secondary Applicant

If Primary Applicant has received FP notice and there is no FP Notice for other secondary applicant, in this case Primay Applicant and all seconadry applicant can go for FP together.

Folllowing documents are required for missing FP Notice:
Primary Applicant's: FP notice, EAD Card, I-485 Receipt
Secondary Applicant's: EAD Card, I-485 Receipt, Document Showing relationship with Primary Applicant (marriage certificate for spouse, birth certificates for child)

They allow secondary applicant to do FP along with primay applicant.
At time of FP, make sure you talk with Manager there. Sometimes security person (who check FP notice and EAD etc.) will not allow your secondary applicant to go in that time talk to Manager.
One of my friend (at Alaxandriam, VA) did his FP with his spouse (even though she did not receive he FP notice). Security person did not allow first. But talking to Manger and showing all documents, they did allow her.

Hi,
Congratulations! Nice to see your approval. So, now it doesnot matter whether you drink beer or not. I liked your Id when I saw it first time, I also speak Telugu.
Today we got our passports stamped and they took our EADs, Advance parols, my attorney said I have to carry those and so i did. He also said that AP will be void after 485 approval. They didnot specifically ask for those documents when we went for stamping because I already gave them everything. They called inside after 5 mins and the lady took thumb impression and signature on paper, not digital, 2 passport size photos. She put a stamp for 6 months and said the card will arrive within 3 months.
Goodluck for your trip. We are going for a trip also very soon and this stamping is very much in time.
Goodluck to all..
Beeru_thaaganu said:
Senthil,
I spoke with my attorneys at length yesterday regarding this and they opined that it was fine for me to travel with AP. They said that only my H1B is null and void. Advance Parole is VALID UNTIL ONE RECEIVES A PHYSICAL NOTICE FROM USCIS. One other thing they mentioned to me was that I am a legal resident now prior to flying and will be one when I return. So, there is no way they could turn me back. Well, we'll see. I am going to show my AP at POE and will possibly expect a barrage of questions from the inspector.
If I don't talk to you again, good luck on future endeavors. I will let you know when and If I get back:)

PP stamped after I-485 approval

Hi All,
Today we got our passports stamped after we received I-485 approvals this week, lucky to get infopass appointment within days. It came very much in tiem, since my wife is travelling next week.
Also our attorney said the advance parol is void after 485 is approved and if we are physically present in the country by the time it is approved, then passport should be stamped otherwise re-entry may be a problem (again it may depend, nobody knows how they deal each case). When we went for stamping we took passport, I-94s, EAD, advance parol along with approval notice as per attorney's advice. The USCIS officer took everything and called for finger print and signature in 5 mins. I didnot realize until after I came out that she took our advance parol, EAD card and the expired I-94. She said she stamped for 6 months (I-551 stamp) and the card might arrive within 3 months.
Goodluck to all for quick approvals.

Congratulations to all recent approvals!
As some of you know that I am scanning 485 cases for 5/18/2004. In last 3 days I saw 7 new approval there. Keeping in mind the fact that now a days, sometimes, the online status does not change, I think it is a good number. There were 3 cases where previous status was "received on 5/18/2004". I am sure these people would also have done their FP, but the online status never changed to FP recd.

So I think VSC is making some progress in approvals and the online system is not that reliable anymore.

If interested, May 18th stats for 485 are in this thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173117&page=2

Updated Tracker

Updates:

gcalb, EB2, CND 8/10/04, 140 Approved on 5/18/05
sisukapalli, EB2, ND: 07/07/2004, FP - 04/05/2005 (New Entry)
wantgcin2005, EB2, nd: 05/20/2005, 485 approved on 05/17/2005

485appln123, EB3, 485 Approved on 05/23/05 (New Entry)
Beeru_thaaganu, EB3, 485 Approved on 05/25/05
njlabor20011,EB3, 485 Approved on 05/25/05
araina77,EB3, 485 Approved on 05/25/05

2nd EAD and AP approved

EAD Approved: 10/5/2005 (self) , 11/5/2005 (spouse)
AP Approved: 16/5/2005 (self), 20/5/2005 (spouse)

The interesting thing to note is that I recieved emails about my AP approval but did not recieve any email about my spouse's. I did recieve emails about EAD approval for my spouse twice, once on 11/5/2005 and once on 11/5/2005 (customary 2 emails per update). Even now the online status for my spouse's AP says "Your I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was received on March 7, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information....."

Weird !

rrjv said:
EAD Approved: 10/5/2005 (self) , 11/5/2005 (spouse)
AP Approved: 16/5/2005 (self), 20/5/2005 (spouse)

The interesting thing to note is that I recieved emails about my AP approval but did not recieve any email about my spouse's. I did recieve emails about EAD approval for my spouse twice, once on 11/5/2005 and once on 11/5/2005 (customary 2 emails per update). Even now the online status for my spouse's AP says "Your I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT was received on March 7, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information....."

Weird !

How long did the whole thing take. Was is e-file or Paper based?

I did e-file few days back, it asked me to wait for Biometrics Notice, but today I got an email asking me to call and schedule an appointment. The email also says that the earlier message was wrong.

The whole E-File system seems quite screwed up.

Had an Update without change in message RD May25, 2004

EricS said:
Congratulations to all recent approvals!
As some of you know that I am scanning 485 cases for 5/18/2004. In last 3 days I saw 7 new approval there. Keeping in mind the fact that now a days, sometimes, the online status does not change, I think it is a good number. There were 3 cases where previous status was "received on 5/18/2004". I am sure these people would also have done their FP, but the online status never changed to FP recd.

So I think VSC is making some progress in approvals and the online system is not that reliable anymore.

If interested, May 18th stats for 485 are in this thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=173117&page=2

I had an update today after May 13th update but again with no change in message. My FP was on April 21. The updates were 4/22; 5/13; 5/26. Probably my case is also one where I would not see a change in message.

Eric have you ever looked at case received on May 25th?

When you e-file, at the end, in the confirmation page it should ask you to schedule an appointment for finger prints and photo. Call the USCIS number and a CS rep will ask your zip code and schedule an appointment for that. Thats what we did. Looking at your signature, may be it will trigger I-485 approval although they say both are not related. In our case our 485 was approved 1 day before we went for EAD finger prints, but we didnt know about that. USCIS however charged the credit card for an amount of $ 350/- for both our EADs. Our attorney said they wont refund that amount but will send a denial letter saying that 485 is approved.
Goodluck, and call the CS number soon.

patnams said:

I did e-file few days back, it asked me to wait for Biometrics Notice, but today I got an email asking me to call and schedule an appointment. The email also says that the earlier message was wrong.

Interim EAD question

Guru's
Do I need to have an appointment before I go to the local office to try and get an interim ead card? if yes, what is the site that i can get go and make an appointment from?
if no, Do i just need to go and show up early at the local office and hope that they let me in?

what are the reasons that USCIS is using while putting cases on hold without giving iead's? anyinfo will be helpfull.

patnams said:

The whole thing took 2 months. All EAD and AP were applied on 3/10/2005. This is paper based filing.

Can't say a thing about E-file .. no clue how that works. BTW check your PM.

Passport Stamping Done

First of all, congrats to all the new approvals!!

Both me and my wife got the passport stamping done today. It took about 5 minutes. We carried the approval notice, EAD, AP, Proof of address, ID, passport, I-94. The officer took the AP and I-94 but not EAD. The validity of the stamping is for one year. And she said, the cards should arrive within 6 months.

Good Luck to everbody that's waiting.

e-File EAD

eFiled EAD yesterday 05/25/05. Got appointment for FP on tuesday (05/31/05). Sent supporting docs to the address given on the confirmation reciept at VSC.

Last edited by a moderator: