2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

LUD before I-485 approval

Is there any way to tell by LUD before I-485 approval?

There hasn't been any LUD change since fingerprints received message on my I-485. If there is any LUD after FP received message, could it singal an approval soon?

Wait_4ever - one question, What is the roles of VSC and district office for I-485 approval? I don't understand. If what you said is true - NYC processing time is December 16, 2002 for I-485. Does that mean that I have two more years to wait? Please clarify. Thank you very much.

FP Done ....

Friends:

I completed my FP 10 days ago - I see 3 LUDs on my 485 by now (But No Message Change - I know it takes time, batch updates, etc).

Question:
1. Whom do I call to check my FBI status, Name check Status, FP submitted Status ?
2. What is this Name Check ?
3. Can I do anything to expadite my case ... as my PD is current.

Kind guidance appreciated.

thanks.

Hello Gurus,
I did my FP yday. I also see my first ever LUD on my case for 485 today!!

I-485
Service Center Vermont
EE/ER Notified January 04, 2005
Govt Receipt Date December 22, 2004
Govt Notice Date December 29, 2004
I-140 EB3
EE/ER Notified January 04, 2005
Govt Receipt Date December 22, 2004
Govt Notice Date December 29, 2004
FP Done - 4/22/2005
First LUD-4/22/2005
I140 AD - God knows
I485 AD - God knows (yeah acutally Jpanchal and other gurus also know :)

GreenCardVirus,

You need not worry about PD. You are EB2, I believe they are proecessing EB2 and EB3 by ND. But there are exceptions always based on workload distribution. For EB3 they are skipping the cases which are retrogressed. There is no bearing of PD on EB2. You should get your approval soon. Possibly in next 3 weeks.

GreenCardVirus said:
I live in Phoenix, local office date is August 2003. Am I doomed for a long time?

I believe, the Priority Date has a huge bearing on approval pattern (EB2).

Today will mark 2 months since I have given FPs.

Basic questions

1. What LUD means : Last Update Date ?
2. How do you get them. I did sign up for the email notification but did not get any
3. I did my finger printing in VSC Alexandria yesterday (04/22) and looking at USCIS online status check, it says last update 04/22
4. How do you know what LUD message is, only through email ?

Few details
EB2 VSC
I140/1485: ND Aug 19, 2004
EAD/AP/I140- Approved

Still in waiting, painfully.

LC: RIR, almost 3 years (05/2001-02/2004)
I-140: > 12 months (02/2004-03/2005)
I-485: >14 months now(02/2005-???) :confused:

No any LUD since my ND in 2004

I came here with F1-visa. MS in computer science. Paid LC wage, worked everyday, and have all W2s & tax returns. Just do not know what happened to my case

Gurus, we did FP on January 27th. My spouse's LUD changed and has the FP received message. No LUD and any message for me and my kid. Can you explain this please? :confused:

GreenCardVirus said:
EB2 Filers:

Here's the list of those who filed before May 6th (VSC Published Date): Are you guys still waiting ? I am just curious if you got approvals but havent updated. Please reply.

Feb:
phillybanker
senbabe
eternal_labor
GC-soon

March:

happy4you
ms_from_mich
azzkikr
vpr1
NJ080601GC
gc_bab
ers_md
gcmental
scn0718
freewalker

April:
bhandus2004
tempnirvana
srinij77
gc_hopefull
harithpatra
kamineni
gimegc
zc03_when
april2004filer

May:
file040505
Pemple
rj123

EB3 Retrogression...Light at End of Tunnel

On April 21, 2005 Senate has passed on Appropriations Bill H.R. 1268. An amendment in this bill relates to EB3 retrogression by recapturing all unused visa numbers for EB3 category for year 2001, 2002,2003 and 2004 and reserving 50 % of such numbers to nurses and the balance to Engineers. The bill now moves to the House for debate and voting.Check this out...More to come! Also check out Shusterman.

http://hutchison.senate.gov/speec438.htm

Language: The language, as modified and accepted by unanimous consent was amendment #0379 to HR 1268.

Reads: On page 231, between lines 3 and 4, insert the following new section:

Recapture of Visas

Sec.6047. section 106(d)(2)(a) of the American competitiveness in the twenty-first century act of 2000 (PL106-313; 8 USC 1153 note) is amended-

(1) in paragraph (1), by inserting before the period at the end of the second sentence "and any such visa that is made available due to the difference between the number of employment-based visas that were made available in fiscal year 2001,2002,2003 or 2004 and the number of such visas that were actually used in such fiscal year shall be made available only to employment-based immigrants and the dependants of such immigrants, and 50% of such visas shall be made available to those whoseimmigrant worker petitions were approved based on schedule A, as defined in section 656.5 of title 20, Code of Federal Regulations, as promulgated by the Secretary of Labor"; and

(2) in paragraph(2)(A) by striking "and 2000" and inserting "through 2004"

Explanation: Nurses enter the U.S. under the so-called EB-3 immigration category. They primarily enter the U.S. from the Philippines, India, and China. Each of these countries has an annual cap and within that cap a limit on the numbers who may enter the U.S. in each category. Nurses often compete for green cards with other high-tech workers. Because of a backlog in processing these visas, the INS (now the USCIS) has decided to cut-off processing entrants who have filed applications after January 1, 2002. This means that new applicants will be cut off altogether this year.

The above language is modeled on similar language included in the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-First Century Act (title I of Pub. L. 106-313, enacted on October 17, 2000). This Act recaptured those employment-based numbers that were available but not used in fiscal years 1999 and 2000, thus creating a pool of numbers which could be allocated to EB categories once their annual limit were reached. The new language would recapture the unused numbers from 2001-2004, which, again, would alleviate the arbitrary caps and enable qualified nurse applicants to once again be processed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear freinds,
I have noticed in this forum that people get 4 emails for their updates or 8 mails for their approvals and so on. I had a theory and i tested it worked!!!. On the UCSIS web site the "Email On" button is always enabled. So people getting over cautious have clicked the button multiple times. Every time you click the button your email address is added AGAIN into their system.
I clicked it once and sure enough, i got 2 emails saying USCIS received my finger prints .
More testing is welcome from those who did their finger printing. :)

Have a great weekend, log out now, go out and have a good time. Your application is going no where at least until Monday morning. Me? I will read some more stories from this forum. :)

GC-Soon said:
Still in waiting, painfully.

LC: RIR, almost 3 years (05/2001-02/2004)
I-140: > 12 months (02/2004-03/2005)
I-485: >14 months now(02/2005-???) :confused:

No any LUD since my ND in 2004

I came here with F1-visa. MS in computer science. Paid LC wage, worked everyday, and have all W2s & tax returns. Just do not know what happened to my case

Gurus, we did FP on January 27th. My spouse's LUD changed and has the FP received message. No LUD and any message for me and my kid. Can you explain this please? :confused:

8 years, Labor approved 2 times before, this is 3rd time. I tried to peace the "shani" several times, but looks like he's not yet happy yet. Looks like things move for me only whey Jupiter masks the Saturn. Wonder when it is going to happen again.

We are all Gladiators, only way out is to fight, fight, fight. Our only weapon is PATIENCE. Loose the weapon? we are done.

GreenCardVirus, wish you good luck.
GreenCardVirus said:
8 years, Labor approved 2 times before, this is 3rd time. I tried to peace the "shani" several times, but looks like he's not yet happy yet. Looks like things move for me only whey Jupiter masks the Saturn. Wonder when it is going to happen again.

We are all Gladiators, only way out is to fight, fight, fight. Our only weapon is PATIENCE. Loose the weapon? we are done.

hello Raj0529!!!!

I have filled my I-485 around the same time. Still waiting !!!!. could you tell me when did you complete your FP. I have completed my FP in OCT,2004. when i raised a query "Message was Computer system shows your case is pending ". Maha guru's anybody has any opinion abt my case!!

Raj0529 said:
Gurus,

I received letter from USCIS with below contents... Any idea about this...
---------
Dear XXXXXXX
On 03/24/2005 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted USCIS about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following

Person who contacted us XXXXXX
Case Type I-485 Employment Based
Filling Date 01/26/2004
Type of Service Requested CASE STATUS
Receipt Number EACxxxxxxxxxxx
Beneficiary:

The status of this service request is :

The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting of the adjudication of petitions/applications. As a result of the lack of manpower to complete the checks in a timely manner, we have no control over how long these checks will take. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed. We apologize for the delay.

For further status inquiries of a petition or application filed at this Center you may want to utilize our National Customer Service Center by calling 800-375-5283. If you would like to obtain forms, filing instructions.........
----------

Please share your experience...

Thanx

bichari said:
My 485 ND is April 20, 2004 and my Finger print date is March 31, 2005.

When do you think my 485 will be approved with your theory.
-----------------------------------------------

its taking them around 2 months after finger printing to send the approvals. So in that case I would say another month.

Finger Printing Completed (Alexandria, VA)

Scheduled Time: 9AM; Arrival: 7:30AM; departure: 3:00PM. 5 hours standing, 2 1/2 hours sitting... ass burnt..

GreenCardVirus said:

Huh,
Beat me. 10 years this August. Been at the wrong time at the wrong place. 1 labor approval fron OH. Moved to NY as the processing was "Only 4 months" In 2000. company shut down in dec 2004. currently in labor subst case and oh yeah, this case is on hold(nov filer).
Yes, like you said, "Patience" is the key although I am almost out of it.

Good luck
longwait95

NOV filers

Hi Guys,
For all the Mid Nov-Early dec filers, are there any LUDs on your cases. Any progress. Did anyone find any way to kick start the cases. I know there are quite a few of us out there whose cases are on hold. Please respond. Please dont include the emails that you got after your FP. There will be about 3 of them and that is routine for I485.

Thanks.
longwait95.

gcv/longwait95

gee, man if I were you, I would be happy going back to the country where I came from and accept what life threw at me...luckily/unluckily for me, the wait has only been a little over 3 years with an approval looming in the near future...(subject of another discussion/different portal altogether, I suppose)...good luck to both of you, that seems to be the ONLY element missing in your cases!

no FP notice yet

I havent received FP notice for self and spouse yet though the 485 dates have moved to May 06 2004, my notice date is April 30th 2004.

Any idea when will I get FP notice as per your expert analysis?

Thanks

karan29 said:
I have filled my I-485 around the same time. Still waiting !!!!. could you tell me when did you complete your FP. I have completed my FP in OCT,2004. when i raised a query "Message was Computer system shows your case is pending ". Maha guru's anybody has any opinion abt my case!!

Hi Karan29,
My FP was Completed on 12/08/04. Just curious.. have you checked your finger print and Name check status.. I know my finger print is cleared.. but no idea about name check...