2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Hi GreenCardVirus,

Thanks for your wishes.
No. Our company filed labor application on my name under RIR on 3/10/2003 .It got approved around Feb'2004. I hope this information helps you.

GreenCardVirus said:
Congrats on your approval.
Question: Was your Labor pre-approved ?

FP results received

Folks,

Congratulations to all those who received I-485 approvals this week. My heart flutters a bit each time a see an approval. I hope to get my approval soon!!!

I received 4 emails stating that FP results were received on 04/19 and that processing has resumed on my case.

Should I wait for a week and then call FBI to enquire if they have completed name check process?

Cheers,

bostondude - what is the progress on your case?

bostondude,

Your case details are similar to mine (EB-2, similar PD, I-485 ND) and I was wondering about the progress on your case.

Did you complete FP and have you tracked I-485 LUDs after FP? Your signature is not updated.

You can see my case details in the signature below?

Thanks,

2nd EAD & AP Approval

Please update my info.

2nd EAD, AP Receipt Date: March 9th
2nd EAD, AP Notice Date: March 14th

2nd EAD Approval Date: 20th April
2nd EAD Approval Date: AD 21st April

485 Receipt Date: 29th April 2004
485 Notice Date: 14th May 2004

PD Labor Sub

GreenCardVirus said:
You can get lot of information on this very Forum or Murthy.com.
Just have to spend some time searching.

I have read conflicting reports but i remember more people who got their I140 approved, memtioning that they have the PD of the original labor filing date. Which i guess can be taken as a proof.

I just called my attorney and she confirmed that my PD on the I140 approval notice is the same as the original labor filing date.

Last edited by a moderator:
LC Substitution Priority Dates

I have seen some posts recently about LC priority dates. Since mine being a LC substitution case, I spoke to a reputed lawyer (Immigration-Law.com) and this is what he said about LC substitution priority dates.

If LC is applied and approved for Alien A by a company but I140 is never applied using that LC and if Alien B is substitued using that LC, then Alien B is eligible to get the original LC priority date.

On the other hand, if LC is applied and approved for Alien A and I140 is filed by the company for Alien A, I140 is approved, then it is revoked and then the LC is used for Alien B, then Alien B cannot use the original LC priority date and I140 RD will be the priority date.

The third possibility is if LC is applied and approved for Alien A and I140 is filed by the company for Alien A, I140 is revoked before it is approved and if Alien B is substitued using that LC, then Alien B is still eligible to get the original LC priority date.

The word eligible is important and tricky because Alien B can still have a priority date other than and even before the substituted LC's priority date, if he has an LC and 140 approved through another company.

This is my understanding from the personal telephone conversation with this reputed lawyer, but there are other gurus and experts in this forum who can explain better.

Hi Jd_Mass,
My FP was done on April 7th at Boston. I noticed a LUD change on Apr 8th and "FP Received - Case Processing Resumed" email on Tuesday (April 19th). Thats where I stand. Looks like we should receive approvals around the same time

- Dude

insat123 said:
I have seen some posts recently about LC priority dates. Since mine being a LC substitution case, I spoke to a reputed lawyer (Immigration-Law.com) and this is what he said about LC substitution priority dates.

If LC is applied and approved for Alien A by a company but I140 is never applied using that LC and if Alien B is substitued using that LC, then Alien B is eligible to get the original LC priority date.

On the other hand, if LC is applied and approved for Alien A and I140 is filed by the company for Alien A, I140 is approved, then it is revoked and then the LC is used for Alien B, then Alien B cannot use the original LC priority date and I140 RD will be the priority date.

The third possibility is if LC is applied and approved for Alien A and I140 is filed by the company for Alien A, I140 is revoked before it is approved and if Alien B is substitued using that LC, then Alien B is still eligible to get the original LC priority date.

The word eligible is important and tricky because Alien B can still have a priority date other than and even before the substituted LC's priority date, if he has an LC and 140 approved through another company.

This is my understanding from the personal telephone conversation with this reputed lawyer, but there are other gurus and experts in this forum who can explain better.

I think you are spot on. That's the reason why most Labor Sub cases retain the original PD.
This is very good information for people who are considering LC Sub. This is one more thing they need to check before jumping. If an I140 is revoked by the employer after approval for whatever reason, and this employer is offering the LC for substitution- maybe folks need to stay away from such employers.

that's really a good point to consider,
for labor sub cases dont take those LCs who already have 140 approved but revoked by the employer

duggils1 said:
I think you are spot on. That's the reason why most Labor Sub cases retain the original PD.
This is very good information for people who are considering LC Sub. This is one more thing they need to check before jumping. If an I140 is revoked by the employer after approval for whatever reason, and this employer is offering the LC for substitution- maybe folks need to stay away from such employers.

Write to your Congress Rep

gc_vsc said:

Write to your Congress Rep:
Use this link: http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,3080

Mention that you want EB-3 Relief to be included in the bill H.R. 1268

The H.R. 1268 bill has to pass, so if the House adds this to the supplemental appropriations bill, it will pass, the Senate has already approved it. The House and Senate conferees will meet to discuss the differences in the two versions.

So if you put pressure on your Congress person, this will get attention and it will get passed.

The number of GC's they can issue per year is limited, this will improve our situation, the quota for this year is running out fast.

Take action to get your GC fast, Spread the word.

http://www.aila.org/contentViewer.aspx?bc=10,3080

jd_mass said:
Folks,

Congratulations to all those who received I-485 approvals this week. My heart flutters a bit each time a see an approval. I hope to get my approval soon!!!

I received 4 emails stating that FP results were received on 04/19 and that processing has resumed on my case.

Should I wait for a week and then call FBI to enquire if they have completed name check process?

Cheers,
I am expecting your approval 2-4 weeks. The day USCIS sends FP, names are sent along. 3rd LUD shows FP-Received...., 4th/5th indicate normal name check performed without any message change, 6th is your approval.

Another point to consider

zamq said:
that's really a good point to consider,
for labor sub cases dont take those LCs who already have 140 approved but revoked by the employer

Chat User : Can the labor be reused to substitute after the cancellation of an I-140? Please advise.

Attorney Murthy : An LC may be used for a different employee if the employer revoked the earlier I-140 petition, but there seems to be a new risk that the USCIS will take the position that, if the original employee obtained the GC approval under that LC, even if the employer had revoked it, the new employee and the employer cannot take advantage of the earlier LC approval.

Very good info. Thanks
insat123 said:

onrd2gc,

Did you get the approval notice or card for your kids. For my kid the email reads that approval notice is sent. Do we need to go for passport stamping for the kids.

question

Hi guys,

I know that the card is sent directly to us but can anyone tell how long that takes and how long does it take for the lawyer to recieve the 485 approval notice?

Appreciate your reply.

EAD & AP Renewal

Hello All,
I did my FP but did not see the message updated on web.

Now i have to Renew MY EAD/AP. I have already sent the documents through the lawyer. I dont see my checks encashed. Its been close to two weeks. How does USCIS work. Once they accept the application they encash?. I am getting concern as it could be any issue with RFE?. Generally how long does it take to encash the checks.

THanks in advance...

iwannagreencard said:
Hello All,
I did my FP but did not see the message updated on web.

Now i have to Renew MY EAD/AP. I have already sent the documents through the lawyer. I dont see my checks encashed. Its been close to two weeks. How does USCIS work. Once they accept the application they encash?. I am getting concern as it could be any issue with RFE?. Generally how long does it take to encash the checks.

THanks in advance...

They cashed my EAD check within 1 week after I sent it. This was in late March.

I haven't received anything as of now. I think we need to go for passport stamping for kids. I talked to couple of my friends here. They said,there will be clear instructions on approval notice if we need to go for PP stamping. We may have to wait and see the approval notice. Since ur was GC approved two days earlier than mine, you may receive the approval notice first. Could you please let me know if you know some thing new.

GCLSNJVSC said:
onrd2gc,

Did you get the approval notice or card for your kids. For my kid the email reads that approval notice is sent. Do we need to go for passport stamping for the kids.