2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

For those worrying about a possible interview/transfer on 485. Read this:

The USCIS backlog reduction efforts have necessitated review and revision of the adjustment interview waiver standards. The USCIS District Offices have reported receiving numerous cases transferred for interview, as the USCIS Service Centers are processing more cases. After review of some of the cases, the USCIS decided to revisit the interview waiver criteria so that it is consistent with the backlog reduction efforts. The USCIS Memo notes that interviews are not appropriate as a method for obtaining information that could be sought in a Request for Evidence (RFE).

Current Waiver Criteria in Employment-Based Cases

Under the current criteria, interviews are generally waived when:

the principal applicant continues to be employed with the petitioning employer;

the principal applicant has been approved in the Extraordinary or Exceptional Ability classification;

the principal applicant has been approved as an Outstanding Professor / Researcher or Multinational Executive / Manager and continues to have an ongoing job offer with the sponsor; or

the principal applicant is a physician who has been approved for a National Interest Waiver based on his or her having worked in an underserved area.

Transfer Criteria for Personal Interviews

Prior to the changes in the current Memo, the following cases would all be automatically transferred for an interview at the local USCIS District Office.

cases where there was a need to verify identity or legal status;

cases with questions of admissibility / qualifications for adjustment (which would include cases where there was any criminal involvement);

cases with potential fraud issues;

applicants with certain medical conditions and those with fingerprints that were rejected twice;

second filings for adjustment of status, which require review of the prior case/s; and

cases where the "A File" cannot be located at interview time.

Revised Criteria

Entry Without Inspection / Verification of Identity : The need to automatically interview in this situation is under review. While this is being reconsidered, such cases continue to require an interview.

Validation of Legal Status : Cases requiring validation of legal status will now only have an interview if the information cannot be determined by a Request for Evidence issued by the Service Center.

Questionable Admissibility / Qualifications for Adjustment : Applicants who had issues regarding admissibility will not always be set for interview. These applicants will not need an interview if the admissibility issues pertain to matters that were previously favorably resolved. These cases will stay with the Service Centers. Cases with other qualification problems that cannot be resolved by the issuance of an RFE, must be interviewed. Thus, people applying for adjustment of status in cases where there are criminal issues should still expect interviews.

Apparent Fraud : Cases where fraud is suspected must go through certain referral procedures with Fraud Detection Units before transfer for an interview. If a case is transferred for an interview on this basis, the file is to contain a memo explaining the concern, setting out any proof that has been located, and identifying any other related cases.

Fingerprint Rejection : In cases where the fingerprints have been rejected twice, the Service Centers are now supposed to request certificates from local law enforcement authorities, establishing good conduct for five years.

Medical Conditions : Rather than requiring an interview when there is a medical condition that would bar approval, the Service Centers should opt for requesting the applicant to file a waiver of the medical ground of inadmissibility.

"A" File Missing or Lost : This is essentially a case where the file is lost or misplaced. From time to time a USCIS officer is unable to locate an adjustment applicant's A file. The policy is that the USCIS Service Centers must try to find all files before adjudication. If the file is lost, they are to create a temporary file under current procedures.

Interview Now Requires Supervisor's Approval : In addition, as yet another precaution against unnecessary file transfer, it is noted that cases should only be transferred where there is a benefit that can be obtained by conducting the interview. Most cases require the approval of a supervisor prior to transfer.

Conclusion

Streamlining efforts by the USCIS and other federal agencies to make the process faster and more efficient are always appreciated by employers, employees, and all others filing for any immigration benefits. Transferring cases for interviews often causes a delay of many months. While it is understandable that certain issues need a face-to-face assessment, others do not. The backlog reduction efforts at the USCIS Service Centers will be meaningless for many, if the cases just end up stalled at the local District Offices for personal interviews. Hopefully, the changes outlined above will help applicants receive immigration benefits in a timely manner, as well as narrow the work of the District Offices to those cases that truly need their personal attention and an interview.

tiredofw8ing said:
Hi Jharkhandi -

I posted this question before, but you might not have seen it.. I just want your input because I value it a lot..

My FP is scheduled for 4/22/05, my I 140 got approved on 3/22. so the last step is the 485. My LC PD is 1999. How long do you anticipate it will be before I hear from USCIS about the 485? ITEC predicts it will be within a couple of weeks because of the PD. What do you think?

I know that it is hard to predict with USCIS, but up to this point you were right on the money with your predictions and advices to me..

Thanks
itec is right. To get a better projection - get FP done, post LUDs and message change.

FP Notice Received

Today checked my mail and surprised to see my FP notices from VSC.

Looks like, the VSC wants to approve my case sooo soon, unfortunately I am in EB3 with PD: 12/2003. So, have to wait

Can someone please update the tracker with my info. Appreciate all the active members for maintaining such a good forum here.

FP ND: 03/04/05 (No LUD's on 485)
FP Scheduled: 04/22/05 (Manchester - NH)

Jharkhandi/UN, Thanks a lot for replying to my PM couple of days back.

saffronizeddesi said:
Hi usagc2,
I got a LUD change on mine too..... :p

140/131/485/EAD ND:8/23/04
PD: Jan 22 ' 2002 EB3
FP: 03/01/2005
485: LUD: 03/01,03/02,03/03, (FP recvd msg) 03/08, 03/25.....

saffronizeddesi, Our cases are very similar in dates. Lets keep a watch.
My LUD was updated again today..... 3/25, after one yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
cooldude2k4 said:
I got a LUD too. After my FP results message was updated, I see two LUDs on my 485 in a row. Any clues??

Best assumption is that someone is working on your case and you should hear from them soon....

Projection question For - Jharkhandi, itec

Hi guys,

Congrats JK on ur recent 485 approval.

This is a great forum and your prediction/projection models are pretty impressive!

I wanted to see what you guys think about the possibility of my 485 approval and the timeline...

Thanks.

docneedsdoc said:
Hi guys,

Congrats JK on ur recent 485 approval.

This is a great forum and your prediction/projection models are pretty impressive!

I wanted to see what you guys think about the possibility of my 485 approval and the timeline...

Thanks.
It is itec's model. I only gaze crystal balls. :D

Wait till you see - FP recd processing resumed mesg for your 485.

To Guru Jharkhandi

Hi Jharkhandi,

I need your input in my I140 Case:
My lawer(Company) Applied my I140 and I485(me and my dependents).
I got receipt notices for I485 and I765 ND: OCT 13 2004 and EAD got Approved for me and my spouse.
Got FP notices for me and my Dependents and done on 03/24/2005 at newark service center.
But my company still didn't received I140 Receipt.
Today i spoke to my lawer and she called NSC to enquire about my I140 Receipt and they said that they have I485 and I765(EAD) info on their system but they don't have information about my I140.(Searched by my Last Name)
My question is how USCIS is processed my EAD and issued FP notices without having I140 Application?
What i am suppose to do now?Any suggestions please....
Regards,
LC: PD FEB 06 2002 EB3(NJ)
I140/I485/EAD ND: OCT 13 2004
EAD AD: OCT 26 2004.
FP: Done on 03/24/2005 at NewArk ASC.
LUD on I485 :- 03/24/2005, 03/25/2005

usagc2 said:
Best assumption is that someone is working on your case and you should hear from them soon....

I think LUD changes on 485 after "FP results received" are automated.
My guess is FBI Name Check is done.

Gurus:

My lawer(Company) Applied my I140 and I485(me and my dependents).
I got receipt notices for I485 and I765 ND: OCT 13 2004 and EAD got Approved for me and my spouse.
Got FP notices for me and my Dependents and done on 03/24/2005 at newark service center.
But my company still didn't received I140 Receipt.
Today i spoke to my lawer and she called NSC to enquire about my I140 Receipt and they said that they have I485 and I765(EAD) info on their system but they don't have information about my I140.(Searched by my Last Name)
My question is how USCIS is processed my EAD and issued FP notices without having I140 Application?
What i am suppose to do now?Any suggestions please....
Regards,
LC: PD FEB 06 2002 EB3(NJ)
I140/I485/EAD ND: OCT 13 2004
EAD AD: OCT 26 2004.
FP: Done on 03/24/2005 at NewArk ASC.
LUD on I485 :- 03/24/2005, 03/25/2005