2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Fellow aliens, any clue on what's going on with EB2 applications? I have a 140 RD of April 2, 2004... It's frustrating to know that things haven't moved much lately!!

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

We are one the same boat.
TempNirvana said:
Fellow aliens, any clue on what's going on with EB2 applications? I have a 140 RD of April 2, 2004... It's frustrating to know that things haven't moved much lately!!

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

freewalker said:
We are one the same boat.
Same case with me.
EB2/140/485/ ND-03/05/2004
FP done on 12/01/2004 and recieved the results-12/06/2004
Last LUD on 12/15/2004
Thanks

TempNirvana said:
In my case, I didn't even get the FP notices :(.

Get me out of this hell.... God!!!

If the approvals for those already finger printed continue, then we can expect FP notices of April2004 onwards cases soon. If they change their strategy regarding approvals then we have to wait and watch the new trend before making any calculated guesses. Mine too is EB2, early April 2004 case, waiting for FP !!

it is very frustrating.... There is absolutely no sign of relief.....with the concurrent processing going down the tubes i am not sure whether they will process our I-140 first or give out FP notices.....everything is in the air...I hope USCIS breaks the april 01' 2004 barrier for FP. For now there is a big black hole in the cosmos........plain sucks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Give your ideas, pls

Hello everyone,
I filled i-140 & I-485 concurrently at 01-15-04 (EB2, VSC) and they miscalculated fingerprint fee and sent me a notice telling that this fee is missed.

I asked my layer to send an expedite request explaining that the fee has been paid and got a reply from USCIS - "Disregard the previous notice".

After that I have had no feedback from USCIS at all:
- their web site still has the original message (Insufficient fingerprint fee)
- no LUD changes
- no FP’s notices
- no RFE's
- I-140 has not been approved yet

I tried to send a new check for the FP’s fees but their returned it saying “No money is required at this time”

I got EAD and AP pretty fast without RFE’s but this absence of FP’s notice and LUD changes makes me nervious.

Does anyone have a similar situation? Any idea how to deal with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
jpanchal said:
.....with the concurrent processing going down the tubes ...

jpanchal,

Is it confirmed that the concurrent processing is gone ?? I just saw that news on one of the immigration related website.. none of the immigration attorney’s websites has any confirmed news that concurrent processing is gone !! They can still do concurrent processing for cases other then EB3 .. and EB3 also concurrent processing can be done for eligible cases !! Of course it will be clear in the next few days where we are heading !!:mad:

Retrogation Of Priority Dates

Hello All,

Does anybody ahve any idea how this will affect us all.

From what I understand Priority date for Employment Based application is the date on which the initial application is filled with the Local SESA.

I am in the EB3 category.
My 140/485 was filled concurrently on 8/18/2004.
Had an RFE on 140 on 11/22
Replied to RFE , reply received on 12/20

My initial filling date on the Nabor with the Local SESA is 3/10/2001.

I belive the dates on EB3 have retrogressed to Jan 2002.

Any ideas how this all affects me??

Nkelkar said:
Hello All,

From what I understand Priority date for Employment Based application is the date on which the initial application is filled with the Local SESA.

The priority dates retrogression should not have any effect on your case because your labor PD is before Jan 2002.

Nkelkar said:
Hello All,

You are absolutely correct, so what's the question?

Ok here is the deal ...
1. Your priority date for LC is 3/10/2001
2. Priority dates for EB3 applicants have retrogressed to Jan. 2002. (This means that USCIS will only accept/process I485 application for people who have PD <= Jan. 2002.)
3. Now since USCIS has already received your application and your PD < Jan. 2002, you should be able to do the math.

LC_Virginia said:
The priority dates retrogression should not have any effect on your case because your labor PD is before Jan 2002.

My attorney told me that the retrogress rule holds good only for anybody applying for 140/485 from Jan 2005. It doesnt matter what date was the Labor PD.

Now who is right? Does anybody have any clue?

Travelling on Advance Parole

Hi All,
This is the first time I am going to travel with Advance Parole. My H1-B expired and my company applied for H1-B extension and did not apply for EAD. Since H1-B is not approved yet, is there a risk involve in travelling with Advance Parole. Does the immigration officer ask for EAD or H1-B approval at the port of entry? I would really appreciate if you post your experience.

Thanks
smi

travel with Advance Parole

smi said:
Hi All,
This is the first time I am going to travel with Advance Parole. My H1-B expired and my company applied for H1-B extension and did not apply for EAD. Since H1-B is not approved yet, is there a risk involve in travelling with Advance Parole. Does the immigration officer ask for EAD or H1-B approval at the port of entry? I would really appreciate if you post your experience.

Thanks
smi

smi,

There is absolutely no issue on travelling on Advance parole (AP). I just came back 3 days back and they simply look the original and take the photocopy of AP. Just nothing else, offcouse the valid Passport.

Just nothing, do not worry, although I also took almost everything along with me but nothing was required.

Northamerican.
:)

smi said:
Hi All,

Thanks
smi
This is my experience... I just got back from India and did not have any issue traveling on AP. My H1 expired last year - and I got the seventh year ext late last year. However, I did not carry my H1 approvals with me. All I had to show was the valid AP to get into the country.

Good Luck.

jpanchal said:
it is very frustrating.... There is absolutely no sign of relief.....with the concurrent processing going down the tubes i am not sure whether they will process our I-140 first or give out FP notices.....everything is in the air...I hope USCIS breaks the april 01' 2004 barrier for FP. For now there is a big black hole in the cosmos........plain sucks...
I was out of loop with this forum for sometime now. I sense that something has changed.... Can someone educate me on the changes to FOM etc.? Thanks.

Am i effected

MA_Labor said:
You are absolutely correct, so what's the question?

Ok here is the deal ...
1. Your priority date for LC is 3/10/2001
2. Priority dates for EB3 applicants have retrogressed to Jan. 2002. (This means that USCIS will only accept/process I485 application for people who have PD <= Jan. 2002.)
3. Now since USCIS has already received your application and your PD < Jan. 2002, you should be able to do the math.

Guru's can somebody answer me as well and relieve me of this tension:

1. My Proiority Date for LC is 07/22/2002
2. EAD, AP, I140 Approved
3. Done with FP on 12/04/04, LUD changed thrice 12/07, 12/10, 12/24

What will be status of my 485 Processing, do i fall under this new rule and wait for the PD or will it be processed.

Throw some light.

Appreciate it.

ptlsb said:
Guru's can somebody answer me as well and relieve me of this tension:

1. My Proiority Date for LC is 07/22/2002
2. EAD, AP, I140 Approved
3. Done with FP on 12/04/04, LUD changed thrice 12/07, 12/10, 12/24

What will be status of my 485 Processing, do i fall under this new rule and wait for the PD or will it be processed.

Throw some light.

Appreciate it.

Depends on if you are an EB3 applicant from India, mainland China or Philippines.

TempNirvana said:
This is my experience... I just got back from India and did not have any issue traveling on AP. My H1 expired last year - and I got the seventh year ext late last year. However, I did not carry my H1 approvals with me. All I had to show was the valid AP to get into the country.

Good Luck.

Thanks TempNirvana and Northamerican for your quick response.