2004 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Pareshan4GC said:
Seeing a lot of I140 approvals lately. VALC's I140 got approved in 40 days ... that is amazing. Makes me wonder what the guys at VSC are smokin. I track EAC04266XXXXX and there are 125 I140 applications. 21 have already been approved and 4 RFE's were sent out.

Does anyone know the reason for so many approvals lately?

I always keep thinking about this. Why VSC is suddenly so generous with EB3 only. After analysing all the evolving theories, one conclusion that keeps coming back as a result is that, - This may have something to do with the retrogressing of the visa availability for EB3 cases effective January'2005.

By eliminating all the pending I-140's for EB3 only, In January USCIS would say - 'Effective imidiately, No more concurrent applications for I-485 unless you PD is current' but yet at the same time ensure the same for already filed cases (Since I-140 would be current by that time). While those I-485 which are already filed by 2004 will too wait for the dates to become current before they can be approved, but at least in their cases they can keep renewing their EAD's/AP's.

By ruling out new filings in this way USCIS will not be burdened by having to process I-485, EAD, AP for new (and with more recent PD) EB3 cases and also allow them to concentrate on the concurrent adjudication for other EB cases and will soon bring their adjudication under the ever promised 6-month timeframe.

Disclaimer........this is just a thought based primarily on assumptions and not the facts.

Last edited by a moderator:
aastha said:
VALC,
Congratulations and all the best for I485. Please share your LUD change pattern if you were monitoring. My ND is 9/9/2004.

Thanks aastha,

I don't have many LUD.
All LUDs are the following.

Sep. 28, 2004: EAD approval notice (1st one)
Oct. 1, 2004: Mailing notice of EAD approval
Oct. 21, 2004: I-140 approval and I-485 transfer notice

I haven't had any other LUD like many other people.

VALC :)

Legally Alien,
quite so.. it really makes you think and come up with at least own theory of what the hell is going on in VSC.. Exactly, what about the rest of EB categories? I filed under EB1 A (extraordinary abilities) and all I see is EB3 being approved like there is no tomorrow. EB1 is the first preference, and yet the dates of processing and the actual approvals are so so different. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for everybody who gets approved in any category at any time, I know how stressful the waiting is. But it makes you think..

Pareshan4GC said:
Seeing a lot of I140 approvals lately. VALC's I140 got approved in 40 days ... that is amazing. Makes me wonder what the guys at VSC are smokin. I track EAC04266XXXXX and there are 125 I140 applications. 21 have already been approved and 4 RFE's were sent out.

Does anyone know the reason for so many approvals lately?
They got a new boss :)

araina77 said:
LC_Virginia,

Did you LUD for 485 change at least for the finger printing notice?

No, as far as I know, LUD does not change for FP notice, but changes when the FP results are received by USCIS.

I don't know

eagertoknow said:
VALC,

Congrats.

What does the transfer of 485 files imply? Is it the normal way?

Thanks.

Hi eagertoknow,

Actually I have no idea about that.
Could anyone who knows about transfer case answer it?

Thanks,

VALC said:
Hi eagertoknow,

Actually I have no idea about that.
Could anyone who knows about transfer case answer it?

Thanks,

It seems his 485 application will be adjudicated by local district office in Norfolk by scheduling an interiview.They will call him for an interview as per their processing dates.The processing dates of the concerned district office are available at USCIS website.
I am runnina a scanner on 485 cases for 08/31(which is my 485 ND). Atleast 10% of the cases are transferred to the local district offices within 2 weeks of filing 485.

Retrogression

Legally_Alien said:
I always keep thinking about this. Why VSC is suddenly so generous with EB3 only. After analysing all the evolving theories, one conclusion that keeps coming back as a result is that, - This may have something to do with the retrogressing of the visa availability for EB3 cases effective January'2005.

By eliminating all the pending I-140's for EB3 only, In January USCIS would say - 'Effective imidiately, No more concurrent applications for I-485 unless you PD is current' but yet at the same time ensure the same for already filed cases (Since I-140 would be current by that time). While those I-485 which are already filed by 2004 will too wait for the dates to become current before they can be approved, but at least in their cases they can keep renewing their EAD's/AP's.

By ruling out new filings in this way USCIS will not be burdened by having to process I-485, EAD, AP for new (and with more recent PD) EB3 cases and also allow them to concentrate on the concurrent adjudication for other EB cases and will soon bring their adjudication under the ever promised 6-month timeframe.

Disclaimer........this is just a thought based primarily on assumptions and not the facts.

I would agree with this theory. I also keep coming back to a similar conclusion. But that still does not convince me.

Moreover this explains why FOM was not implemented when EB3 I-140 hit April 2004 dates. Implementing FOM for EB3 would have caused 2004 EB3 filers taking visas from the quota before 2003 filers got approved.

Also, once EB3 hits retrogression, number of backlogged EB3 related 485 cases comes to zero (almost). All pending EB3 485 cases can be taken out of backlogged category. Statistically, VSC would have made a great progress in eliminating 485 backlogs.

I think EB2 (and EB1) is going FOM way. In next 2-3 months many of the adjudicators currently working on EB3 may start working on other EB cases as EB3 is going to hit PD retrogression. Also if you have noticed, Vermont 485 date has moved to June 2003. I think 485 date will move to Oct/Nov 2003 in next couple of months. I think then FOM may start working for EB2 the way 140 is going for EB3.

So guys, just hang in there. Good things have started happening. They will continue happening...

Usual Disclaimer: This is just my theory coming from my limited knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
FP notice

Guys,

I received my FP notice yesterday (finally some activity in mwa EB2 category). ND 10/15/04, I am supposed to go for FP on 11/13/04. Please update the tracker.

Any tips and tricks? Can I go before 11/13/04?

Thanks,
ST.

July, so encouraging to hear you think that. And dates for 485 indeed moved! That is just excellent! Any progress is a good sign.
Good luck to everybody!

All Senior guys,
As per new Updated date, they are really doing hard work to get it done. I wonder about the dates they mentioned.
For example for I-131 (AP) - October, 15th, 2004. My ND is Sep, 24th and I know and another guy ND Sep 22nd and we have not got any LUD changes or approval abput AP.
Any comments/advice on that.

Thank you

----------------------
I40/485/EAD/AP - RD 09/16/2004 ND 09/24/2004
EAD AP 10/15/2004
AP ??? waiting
I40/485 ??

many recent I-140 approvals seem to be for people who have filed fairly recently.

It is not uncommon that June, July and Aug I-140's are still pending.

Mine is pending with a receipt date of 19.july and have a colleague whose 140 is pending with a receipt date of 12.June.

I guess all we can do is wait.... :cool:

Thread Move...

I am planning on moving this thread under Tracker subforum, let me know if anyone has any issues with it. The tracker should really be in the Tracker subforum, besides there are too many sticky's in this forum.