2003: I-485 Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, please don't change the name of the tracker or reformat it in any way (unless you are cleaning up obvious problems such as what joyd did recently -- thx btw).

This is confusing and now I'm having to fix things...

Also, make sure that you only edit the latest version of the spreadsheet (start with the last post and carefully work back through posts until you find the most recent one with the spreadsheet attached).

Mirium99, you edited an old version of the spreadsheet and I can't tell off-hand what you changed -- could you redo your changes (to the latest version of the spreadsheet)? I fixed everything else. Thx!

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Added approval information for GC_GINKS (ND: 05/09/03 AD: 10/07/04).

Added % approved stats at the bottom of the spreadsheet.

We're up to 44 I-485 approvals in the tracker now which is 16% of the people whose I-140's were approved and 10% of all cases :).

ETA

ETA-GC said:
We're up to 44 I-485 approvals in the tracker now which is 16% of the people whose I-140's were approved and 10% of all cases :).
ETA

Nice! That gives us some hope...

I485 Approvedddddddddddddd...

Hi,I have received mail that my and my wife's 485 application is approved and I have verified with BCIS website.

"This case has been approved. On October 19, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

For My Daughter it says..

"On October 20, 2004, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready."

Does anybody have this kind of experience?

What should i do regarding the stamping?

Thanks,

I forget to update my only FP date.. It was 8/12/2004

Does message change twice

For all of you who have got approvals:
Did your online message change from "FP Received and pending review" to "FP Results obtained, processing Resumed" to "Approved", or did it go directly from "FP Received" to "Approved" ?

I am curious because mine says "FP Received" for the last 7 months!

Thanks!

I485 RD 5/13/03
FP1 3/5/03
I 485 AD -???

gujuforGC said:
Hi,I have received mail that my and my wife's 485 application is approved and I have verified with BCIS website.

Congrats -- I updated the tracker with your approval (and FP) information (ND: 07/14/03, AD: 10/19/04).

As far as I know, you should receive the approval notices soon (presumably one for everyone who was approved) and these will direct you to get your passports stamped with the I-551 (temporary proof of PR status) until the physical cards shows up. You'll need to bring the new passport style photos with you (recent approval notices to others have been incorrectly referring to the old ADIT style photos).

ETA

Cleaned up tracker somewhat:

+re-sorted entries which were in the wrong place (should be sorted by I-140 ND)
+removed people with ND in 2002 (I don't think anyone was updating these anyway)
+removed people with no date information (they had their chance to fix this)
+fixed duplicate entries in concurrent and separate filer sections

We're up to 11.1% of all cases approved now :).

ETA

Unfortunately you ended up editing an older version of the tracker because I posted a new one while you had your version :).

I updated the correct version with your info.

ETA

I updated my info in the excel attachment. Still waiting for 485 approval.

Thank ETA-GC's effort in maintaining this thread.

sct75 said:
Thank ETA-GC's effort in maintaining this thread.

My pleasure.

One small problem with your changes -- it looks like you filed separately so I'll clear the information (dates) in the concurrent fields. This didn't used to matter but since I added stats for tracking the % of approvals, this would cause double counting of your case.

Also, your FP dates were using 2003, I assumed these should have been 2004 and changed these (unless you got your FP before you even applied for the 2004 :D).

ETA

ETA-GC,

I sent you a message with explanation of correction on dates. Pleaese check.

Thank you for your attention.

sct75

bystander_1999 said:
Good luck everyone out there!!!

Folks, when you are adding your case information to the tracker please make sure you keep it sorted by the I-140 ND.

BTW, congrats bystander_1999.

ETA

Fixed sorting in tracker. Corrected FP dates for sct75 (these result in -9 days for his FP time but that's because the FP was done before he even got the I-485 ND and I didn't think it was worth putting in special handling to check for this).

ETA

Latest Tracker...

Please find the latest tracker. Made some changes to make it more efficient to track at this stage.

Merged Cat-LC State-Priority Date columns to save real estate
Made the Receipt Dates hidden
Removed unwanted rows at the bottom.

ETA,

I had MD_Rockville's version when started the changes, but added usnycus, sct75, bystander_1999 to the sheet. Hope I haven't missed anything.

joyd said:
I had MD_Rockville's version when started the changes, but added usnycus, sct75, bystander_1999 to the sheet. Hope I haven't missed anything.

That should do it afaik. Thanks for the cleanup!

BTW, how do we want to handle multiple FP notices since we only have 2 columns for the FP ND and FP date? My suggestion would be to have people enter their first FP information as they've been for now and, if they want, add 2nd FP information as a comment or note (some ppl have already done this). In theory, there shouldn't be too many people getting 2nd FP notices if they filed in 2003, although there are already a couple...

11.5% approved and counting :D!

ETA

ETA-GC said:
That should do it afaik. Thanks for the cleanup!

BTW, how do we want to handle multiple FP notices since we only have 2 columns for the FP ND and FP date? My suggestion would be to have people enter their first FP information as they've been for now and, if they want, add 2nd FP information as a comment or note (some ppl have already done this). In theory, there shouldn't be too many people getting 2nd FP notices if they filed in 2003, although there are already a couple...

11.5% approved and counting :D!

ETA

I suggest we handle this just like we handle the EAD/AP renewals, always post the latest information in the cell and move the old info to either the cell comments or the comments column. See my row (joyd) for EAD/AP for an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.