2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Chaw,

Is the format of the letter for name check the same one that is mentioned in the NameCheck.pdf in the link that you atatched earlier.

Just for confirmation can you please post the format here.
Do we have to mention the A# in addition to our personla details?

Thanks
Sai

My I485 was approved on march 18th. I was on vacation so I couldn't post earlier.
Thanks to everybody for their support.

LegalFrustrated said:
What is this certified letter ?
How is it different from normal letter ?
Sending a normal letter will not give you the receipt details of who received it or whether the letter really reached the FBI office........I read somewhere in this website that its a good idea to send it by certified mail so that you have some kind of evidence...just in case if you need it for future purpose.

SaiBobby said:
Chaw,

Is the format of the letter for name check the same one that is mentioned in the NameCheck.pdf in the link that you atatched earlier.

Just for confirmation can you please post the format here.
Do we have to mention the A# in addition to our personla details?

Thanks
Sai

Below is the format that I used for both to fax and mail.

=========================================================
To:
David M. Hardy, Chief
Record/Information Dissemination Section
Federal Bureau of Investigation

Sub: Request for result of name check

Dear Mr. Hardy:

I’m sending you this letter to find out about the status of my name check. I understand that my case may be waiting for a security name check clearance. Would you please inform me the status of my name check?
You may call me at ###-###-#### or email me at ########@########.com

Here is my information’s

Last Name: ######
First Name: ########
Date of Birth: ##/##/####
INS A#: ###-###-###
SSN#: ###-##-####
Address: #############
#############

I really appreciate your valuable time and thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

------- Signature -------

PRINT NAME
=========================================================

ar13 said:
My I485 was approved on march 18th. I was on vacation so I couldn't post earlier.
Thanks to everybody for their support.
Congrats.....may be you need vacation again to celebrate... :)

Rajudm's I485 approved -- All done... April 2003/EB3 PD 23July2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, thank you very much Mr. Rajiv Khanna for providing the excellent opportunity/forums for sharing our pain and pleasure through this gruelling US immigration procedure.

Thanks to many people on the forum who encouraged during depressing times, and the knowledge base among the forum members is the best I have seen here.

All of us (spouse, son, and myself) got approved today. Last LUD was on March 8th 2005. Congressmen's office confirmed yesterday that the files were passed on to concerned officer on March 17th. Checked the case status at 10:15, LUD was still March 8th. At 10:29 it changed to 03/30 and immediately yahoo messages showed up (totally 6 of them) indicating the final landing of US immigration process.

Now I claim that I have conquered three immigrations (Canada, Australia and US). No plans for any other country.

I could have been in EB1 (with 2 masters and PhD). got stuck with a bad attorney who made mistakes at every stage (a) state labor remanded back to the employer stating the salary was low (b) federal labor issued NOID since advertisement and justification for the position was not shown, (3) put me in EB2 category knowing very well that the job advertisement was in EB3. (4) I140 RFE for 'ability to pay' and change category from EB2 to EB3. (5) With all these lost 8 months time and got pushed into retrogression phase.

Local congressmen's office intervention really helped in pushing the case forward.

I am relieved now, but have a very bad feeling about the the whole process which could be far better and fair. We are made to suffer due to someone's inefficiency. Wish you all the best to get over the line as soon as possible. Now it is time to take off........

rajudm said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, thank you very much Mr. Rajiv Khanna for providing the excellent opportunity/forums for sharing our pain and pleasure through this gruelling US immigration procedure.

Thanks to many people on the forum who encouraged during depressing times, and the knowledge base among the forum members is the best I have seen here.

All of us (spouse, son, and myself) got approved today. Last LUD was on March 8th 2005. Congressmen's office confirmed yesterday that the files were passed on to concerned officer on March 17th. Checked the case status at 10:15, LUD was still March 8th. At 10:29 it changed to 03/30 and immediately yahoo messages showed up (totally 6 of them) indicating the final landing of US immigration process.

Now I claim that I have conquered three immigrations (Canada, Australia and US). No plans for any other country.

I could have been in EB1 (with 2 masters and PhD). got stuck with a bad attorney who made mistakes at every stage (a) state labor remanded back to the employer stating the salary was low (b) federal labor issued NOID since advertisement and justification for the position was not shown, (3) put me in EB2 category knowing very well that the job advertisement was in EB3. (4) I140 RFE for 'ability to pay' and change category from EB2 to EB3. (5) With all these lost 8 months time and got pushed into retrogression phase.

Local congressmen's office intervention really helped in pushing the case forward.

I am relieved now, but have a very bad feeling about the the whole process which could be far better and fair. We are made to suffer due to someone's inefficiency. Wish you all the best to get over the line as soon as possible. Now it is time to take off........

Congratulations. Your PD is 7/2002 and they approved your case....you are really lucky........

chaw said:
Congrats.....may be you need vacation again to celebrate... :)
Hehe, I was just thinking about that...
It was my first vacation in years, plus it was rather short, so the odds of getting approved while on vacation were pretty slim. Maybe we have a new pattern here, so I'll go on vacation while waiting for the plastic :D

rajudm said:

Congrats man...Looks like even though they changed the category to EB3, I guess they approved based on the original 140 filing which was EB2.

N'joy your post GC life. Keep visiting these forums and help others in line.

H1BneedGC said:
Congrats man...Looks like even though they changed the category to EB3, I guess they approved based on the original 140 filing which was EB2.

N'joy your post GC life. Keep visiting these forums and help others in line.

Thank you. Has the visa number already assinged to my case? Hoping I don't run into problems during stamping.

Approval Dates Depending on FP Center

Hi Friends,

My dates
140/485 – RD Oct 03
FP: Oct 04
485 AD: Still waiting

In my company we are around 5-6 guys who have filed GC few days here and there. The guys who filed a week before me and guys who file after me also got GC approved

I had my finger printing done in Oct 04 @ Newark. Till the finger printing dates the progress of my case was similar to all other cases.

Other guys had there finger printing done at Philly or Cherry hill (South Jersey)

All the guys though there priority dates are after mine also got there approvals.

The only couple of guys left are who did the FP @ Newark or some other place.

Does my analogy make sense depending on the FP center, As everyone knows Newark is the busiest center.

Any feed backs appreciated.

Thanks
Ram

ramandey said:
Hi Friends,

My dates
140/485 – RD Oct 03
FP: Oct 04
485 AD: Still waiting

In my company we are around 5-6 guys who have filed GC few days here and there. The guys who filed a week before me and guys who file after me also got GC approved

I had my finger printing done in Oct 04 @ Newark. Till the finger printing dates the progress of my case was similar to all other cases.

Other guys had there finger printing done at Philly or Cherry hill (South Jersey)

All the guys though there priority dates are after mine also got there approvals.

The only couple of guys left are who did the FP @ Newark or some other place.

Does my analogy make sense depending on the FP center, As everyone knows Newark is the busiest center.

Any feed backs appreciated.

Thanks
Ram

I don't think it makes any difference where you had the FPs...all I can say is its because of the word "RETROGRESS" that we are still here in this forum.

Ram,

I don't think that's necessarily true.
I did my FP in Phily and am still waiting.

I485 - ND 11/13/03
FP - 11/14/04
FP Received - 11/17/04

...still waiting... :eek:

Rajudm... congrats! One long journey... finally ended. Now enjoy.

rajudm said:

Sep 2003 EB3 Pakistan Approved

Hi all,

Got two magical emails today. Finally the journey that started in October 2001 comes to an end :)

Thank you all and best of luck to those who are still waiting

The only LUDs I had after FP1 were
March 7 (FP received)
March 8
March 9
March 10
March 11

April 5 Approved

Thanks all and peace!

Congratulations both(LongRoadToGC & srichalam)

EB3

I140 - ND 06/25/03
I140 - AD 05/20/03
I485 - ND 08/20/03
FP done on 10/19/04
Got my 3rd EAD
I485 - AD ????????