2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Added my I485 approval information!!!!!

Hi All,

I have not been active recently. But I did get my I485 approval finally on 10/15/2004! Thanks you all, it's been a great support and these forums have helped me a lot!

I have updated my information in the tracker. I also did get my I-551 stamped in the passport in Denver office. Took only 20 mins. for the stamp. They told me I should get the card in about 3-4 months. Can someone share if there is anything that normally needs to be done from now on till I get my card or just wait? Also did anyone travel abroad with I-551 on their passports? Do we need to carry any documents besides normal passport and tickets?

Please let me know.

Tracker Updated

Fixed sort order in tracker. Made the sort order checks more robust (still work even if rows are copied and pasted now).

ETA

Approved.....

I got an email notification stating that my 485 has been approved!!!

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On November 24, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

Thanks to all at immigraton.com for their continued support and direction, especially to Mr Khanna without his efforts we would not have gone this far.

All the best to everyone, hope you'll get your approval faster.

Details

485 ND 3rd Sep 2003.
140 approved in Feb 2004
FP done on 8th Oct 2004
485 approved on 24th Nov 2004.

Strange approval msgs

I got I-485 approval email last night but today morning I have received another email telling that my FP results have been received and my I-485 process has resumed...

Please advise on the process after Passport Stamping

Hello,
I got my 485 approved in Nov and got my passport stamped last week.
When would be safe to switch my job?
What does the law says?
Also, my wife's I-485 is not approved yet. Is there a risk in switching jobs?
Please advise.
I am really tired of travel and now I am going to get a local job but I want to make sure that it doesnt affect my plastic card.

Thanks-
Abhi

sitcom said:
I got I-485 approval email last night but today morning I have received another email telling that my FP results have been received and my I-485 process has resumed...

Unless the VSC screwed something up big time you are probably approved. People's message often changes to something "odd" after approval. I'll be optimistic and mark you as approved in the tracker but keep us posted.

ETA

Tracker Updated

Added I-485 approval info for

sitcom (ND: 12/08/03 AD: 11/29/04)
jrinny (ND: 09/04/03 AD: 11/29/04)

Looks like the mid-week approval trend is alive and well...

We now have 116/438 cases approved (or, in a few cases, transferred).

% COMPLETED (OUT OF CASES WITH FP AND I-140 DATES GIVEN...) 56.3%
% COMPLETED (OUT OF CASES WITH FP DATE GIVEN...) 51.6%
% COMPLETED (OUT OF CASES WITH I-140 APPROVAL DATE GIVEN...) 35.6%
% COMPLETED (OUT OF ALL CASES) 26.5%

ETA

Approved! (on 11/29)

What a great morning!

I opened my email this morning at 8:00AM as usual........nothing........no emails from USCIS.........I went back to work and at 11:15AM I logged in again.....and there they were!!!!! 4 lovely emails..

It is my turn to say that my case is Approved ! Along with my wife's case !

This forum has been great ! Guys like ETA-GC, joyd, you are great ! The tracker has been a wonderful help. It gave me help everytime I saw and approval.

I would like to thank all the great guys like ETA-GC, joyd, nemessys for contrubuting to this forum. And lastly thanks to Mr. Rajiv Khanna for creating such a wonderful community.

I am not going away, I will be around and will post my visa staming experience and help out in any way I can.

I wish everybody gets their approval very very soon!

Please update tracker with my approval information.

Once again thanks a lot everybody!

sitcom said:

Sitcom,

Don't worry. Same thing happend withour case but we got our approval copy's after 8 days...

Tracker Updated

The approvals continue to pour in...

knpguy2004 (ND: 07/10/03 AD: 11/30/04)
BondGC (ND: 09/09/03 AD: 11/30/04)

Congrats to the new PRs :).

On a personal note, the I-485 LUDs for myself and my wife (ND: 10/23/03) changed today (with no change in the status messages). This is possibly due to my filing for a new EAD (they would have received this within the last few days) although I don't see why this would affect my wife's LUD so I've got my fingers crossed that maybe the VSC is looking at our cases (the LUDs for my kids' cases didn't change though...)...

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
ETA-GC,
Same thing happens on me and my wife, the LUD was updated on 11/29/04 with no changes in the status. my previous LUD was 9/23/04 for FP.
I do not think it is about EAD, which my new EAD Renewal was received by them on 10/25/04..
So it must be somethig else. And it will have impact for lots of ppl.
I think it is a good sign..

ETA-GC said:
The approvals continue to pour in...

knpguy2004 (ND: 07/10/03 AD: 11/30/04)
BondGC (ND: 09/09/03 AD: 11/30/04)

Congrats to the new PRs :).

On a personal note, the I-485 LUDs for myself and my wife (ND: 10/23/03) changed today (with no change in the status messages). This is possibly due to my filing for a new EAD (they would have received this within the last few days) although I don't see why this would affect my wife's LUD so I've got my fingers crossed that maybe the VSC is looking at our cases (the LUDs for my kids' cases didn't change though...)...

ETA

Tracker Updated

It's hard to get any work done today with all these approvals coming in :).

Added I-485 approval information for

Go4GC22 (ND: 07/17/03 AD: 11/30/04)
Keen4GC (ND: 08/22/03 AD: 11/30/04)
gg1982 (ND: 08/06/03 AD: 11/29/04)

% COMPLETED (OUT OF ALL CASES) 27.6%

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
abhichicago said:
Hello,
I got my 485 approved in Nov and got my passport stamped last week.
When would be safe to switch my job?
What does the law says?
Also, my wife's I-485 is not approved yet. Is there a risk in switching jobs?
Please advise.
I am really tired of travel and now I am going to get a local job but I want to make sure that it doesnt affect my plastic card.

Thanks-
Abhi

Hi Abhi,

It is always safe to be with the company for atleast 6 months after getting approved (I-485) to avoid any problems at the time of naturalization. Green Card is for future employement, so you need to be with the company which sponsored you for some time after getting it. ( Please consult with the attorney/attorneys).

Can someone please help answer my questions?

Hi All,

I have updated my information in the tracker. I also did get my I-551 stamped in the passport in Denver office. Took only 20 mins. for the stamp. They told me I should get the card in about 3-4 months. Can someone share if there is anything that normally needs to be done from now on till I get my card or just wait? Also did anyone travel abroad with I-551 on their passports? Do we need to carry any documents besides normal passport and tickets?