2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

ND 07/30/2003 Approved..........

Hi all , Mine was approved yesterday 11/24/2004............. Still waiting for wife's approval........

Thanks All

mbphl said:
Updated tracker for finger details.
Finger print notice received on 11/17/04 scheduled for 12/03/04 at Philadelphia ASC.
Finger printing done on 11/20/04.
Philadelphia ASC staff is very courteous and the only question asked was how many were to be finger printed, as I went with my wife and 2 sons.
We spent only 20 minutes including the form filling inside the ASC on that Saturday afternoon.

Any idea what added 250K to the size of the file? Looking into it...

ETA

gc4health said:
Hi all , Mine was approved yesterday 11/24/2004............. Still waiting for wife's approval........

Thanks All

Congrats. The tracker appears to have been seriously altered though (some columns missing, new sheets added etc.). I'll try to fix it.

ETA

Tracker Updated

Added I-485 approval info for redbaron (ND: 05/30/04 AD: 11/23/04).

Added I-485 transfer info for Pareshv75 (ND: 03/25/03 TD: 11/24/04, transferred to Las Vegas).

Also fixed the tracker. It's a lot smaller again.

gc4health: you seem to have taken a really old version of the tracker. You also didn't give your EB catagory so for now I've just removed your case.

ETA

I-485 approved !!

My I-485 has been approved on 11/24/04. I have updated the tracker and attached it. My I-485 ND was 01/08/03 and RD was 02/03/03. A couple of weeks ago I had asked my attorney's office to call BCIS and register an enquiry on my case. Since they were processing June '03 cases and mine was filed in Jan '03, technically the attorney could call BCIS and enquire about the case.

I just have one concern. Last year, I had changed my address and my attorney's office had notified BCIS of my new address. The address was supposed to have changed on all my pending applications. However, in September when I had to appear for fingerprinting, the finger printing notices were sent to my old address. The post office had returned those notices to BCIS as those mails were not forwardable. I had got to know about the fingerprinting as the attorney's office had also received a copy of the notice.

Where would the I-485 approval notices be mailed? Would BCIS mail them to my old address, new address, attorney's office? Would the attorney also receive a copy of the notice in addition to me receiving it?

Thanks,
mb12345

mb12345 said:
My I-485 has been approved on 11/24/04.

Where would the I-485 approval notices be mailed? Would BCIS mail them to my old address, new address, attorney's office? Would the attorney also receive a copy of the notice in addition to me receiving it?

First of all congrats -- you had to wait quite a long time compared to some of the people who have been getting approvals lately. Of course, now you increased the average time taken to get approval so my "expected days remaining" went up :p.

Call the USCIS and see what address they have for you. It's possible that they now have the correct one -- if they don't, and you don't have any way of getting mail sent to your old address, ask them to change it. As far as I know the US mail service won't forward anything sent by the USCIS.

In our case, our change of address went through but, in the case of my wife, not before the USCIS had sent our information to the ASCs so although my FP notice went to the correct address, my wife's went to the wrong one. That notice eventually bounced back to the VSC then to us at the correct address.

Alternatively, yes, the lawyer should get copies of everything as far as I know so you could always ask him to forward those I guess. I'm not sure whether it's a good idea to have the approval notice bounce back to the USCIS with no valid address though...

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, 23 of the 435 cases in the tracker were processed in the last week (most of those are approvals). At this rate we should all be done in about 13 weeks :).

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
updated tracker

I 485 approved... wow!!! They are doing a good job trying to clear the backlogs....

Good Luck guys... I updated the tracker with my info

Hi,

I was looking for forums/threads that discuss what needs to be done after the I-485 approval, the procedures to make an appointment and appear for passport stamping, the do's and dont's, etc. However, I could not find any forum that discusses these matters. Maybe I overlooked. If somebody is aware of such forums/threads, could you please advice me.

Thanks.

mb12345 said:
Hi,

I was looking for forums/threads that discuss what needs to be done after the I-485 approval, the procedures to make an appointment and appear for passport stamping, the do's and dont's, etc. However, I could not find any forum that discusses these matters. Maybe I overlooked. If somebody is aware of such forums/threads, could you please advice me.

Thanks.

Try seaching in the VSC I-485 forum / FAQ (http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96) -- this has been discussed quite often.

ETA

gc4health said:
Just picked the file from your post##1885
Please let me know if I need to fix/help anything ...

Thanks

It seems fine now. There must be something that one can do in Excel to cause the spreadsheet to grow in size. I've done this myself but never figured out what causes it. Afaik, adding sheets can do this but that didn't happen in this case...

Oh well...

ETA

Updated my info with answer to question

Question asked in the spreadsheet was: Are both I140 & FP done? Answered 'Y'.

FP update

Hi Guys,
my FP were done on schedule on 11/27/04, the FP notice was from 11/10/04.
Due to my lack of M$ products, I would be grateful if someone updates the tracker for me.
Thanks

Added my information

I have recently joined this forum. I have uploaded my details in the tracker. Good luck to all for GC.