2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

No FBI name check record!

No Record of FBI Name check..what to do???

I had sent a fax to FBI to check on FBI name check. I got a reply saying that they don't have a request for name check form USCIS. We did first finger print during Feb 2004. My I140 was approved on July 7th and I485 files were updated on that date.

How to get USCIS to send for name check. We had first EAD in June 2003, got the 2nd EAD in April 2004. Even got the 2nd AP. What makes USCIS to request for name check????

It will be a long wait for us........!!!!! pathetic to say the least...they are approving cases without finger print and for some people no name checks.

Add me please

Currently working on L1B. Employer filed I-485 on EB1 (intra-company transfer of manager) basis

Concurrent filing of I-485, EAD and Advance Parole. Didn't need an I-40. Receipt Date August 12 2003

EAD and Advance Parole were issued Oct 15 (or thereabouts) 2003

Filed for new EAD and AP July 28 2004. EAD received August 16 2004. AP still pending.

Double Oops

Webiste says that I-140 was approved Dec 17 2003. I'm assuming that the lawyer has some sort of document...I've never seen it...

I finally see those magical words in my mail box.

My 140 approved yesterday after an agonizing wait. Following are the details.

140/485/EAD ND: 9/8/2003
RFE on 140: 05/13/2004
RFE response Rcvd by INS: 06/04/2004
Approved on 08/17/2004

My employer had to call the INS, since there was no update even after 2 months after INS received the RFE response. Looks like the inquiry triggered it.

Finger Printing Notice

All,

Has someone received FP notice for receipt date in October 2003. I am waiting for my FP notice. I got my I-140 approved in June 2004. My collegue got his FP notice in April 2004 with the receipt date of June , 2003.

Any suggestions, help, comments is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Baapre

congrats parttime_degree!!!!

atiq72 said:
Has someone received FP notice for receipt date in October 2003.
I'm in the same boat.I was hoping to get the FP triggered by a recent change of address/ EAD/AP application, but it doesn't seem like it worked.

Are they currently issuing FP notices at all?

This may be a silly question. Is there a way to find out what category your 140/485 was filed under ? Is it possible to determine this from ones receipt #.

Thanks...

H1-B renewal

Hi -

I am currently on H1B status and it is valid until 02 Jan 2005. My green card is under process. 140 is approved, EAD approved and waiting for the 485 approval. The actual notice date for 485 is 27 Aug 2003. Does it make sense to get H1-B renewal or can I start using my EAD. Even though I got the EAD almost a year back, I have never used it.

Any suggestions and information is appreciated.

As always thanks for the help
- KB123

VSCNarik said:
This may be a silly question. Is there a way to find out what category your 140/485 was filed under ? Is it possible to determine this from ones receipt #.

Thanks...

The category can not be determined from the receipt number. You may want to ask your employer and/or lawyer

kb123 said:
Hi -

I am currently on H1B status and it is valid until 02 Jan 2005. My green card is under process. 140 is approved, EAD approved and waiting for the 485 approval. The actual notice date for 485 is 27 Aug 2003. Does it make sense to get H1-B renewal or can I start using my EAD. Even though I got the EAD almost a year back, I have never used it.

Any suggestions and information is appreciated.

As always thanks for the help
- KB123

It really depends on you. Having H1 B gives you a back up in case something happens to I485. Most likely it will be approved without problem since I-140 is approved. Moreover if it it is not you who is paying for H-1B , why not avail it.

Big confusion for me

:confused:

1. I have valid H1B till Nov-19-2005.

2. I have valid EAD card with me. My notice date for I 485 is Feb-12-2004.
I did not apply for Advance Payroll. I am not using EAD card. Still I am working on H1B.

3. Can I travel to India? using my H1B OR I need to apply for Advance Payroll?

Thanks in Advance for your suggestions.

skriyaz said:
:confused:

1. I have valid H1B till Nov-19-2005.

2. I have valid EAD card with me. My notice date for I 485 is Feb-12-2004.
I did not apply for Advance Payroll. I am not using EAD card. Still I am working on H1B.

3. Can I travel to India? using my H1B OR I need to apply for Advance Payroll?

Thanks in Advance for your suggestions.

3. You can travel to INDIA on your H1-B, if you have valid visa.

Attn: Joyd

Hey Joyd,

Question/suggestion:

Is it possible for you to create another thread for a 'true' tracker?

We are already up to 84 pages of mostly irrelevant stuff (repeated instances of the same questions, speculation, congratulatory messages, etc). Sometimes, the questions have no relevance to the true intent of the tracker, which clearly says "140/EAD/AP/FP/485".

While I'm sure these issues are of great importance to their posters, they should be posted in the appropriate fora. I think we need a separate thread only for the tracker spreadsheet and to allow members to only post updates to the tracker and maybe messages regarding changes to various pending apps/statuses.

What do you think?

K

PhillyKP said:
Hey Joyd,

Question/suggestion:

Is it possible for you to create another thread for a 'true' tracker?

We are already up to 84 pages of mostly irrelevant stuff (repeated instances of the same questions, speculation, congratulatory messages, etc). Sometimes, the questions have no relevance to the true intent of the tracker, which clearly says "140/EAD/AP/FP/485".

While I'm sure these issues are of great importance to their posters, they should be posted in the appropriate fora. I think we need a separate thread only for the tracker spreadsheet and to allow members to only post updates to the tracker and maybe messages regarding changes to various pending apps/statuses.

What do you think?

K

Good Point! This thread is supposed to be "The thread" for the tracker, so all other issues should be posted outside of this thread. That's my take on it. A little bit of discussion here is fine but if it makes sense pls create a separate thread and post it there.

There's a sub-forum for trackers, but I personally don't like to isolate the tracker there, I kinda like it here in the mainstream :)

karns said:
It really depends on you. Having H1 B gives you a back up in case something happens to I485. Most likely it will be approved without problem since I-140 is approved. Moreover if it it is not you who is paying for H-1B , why not avail it.
Unfortunately I have to pay for the H1-B extension, hence the dilema !

Thanks for the reply
- kb123

kb123 said:
Unfortunately I have to pay for the H1-B extension, hence the dilema !

Thanks for the reply
- kb123

Having a H1-b gives u back up, and would encourage u to get it, even though it seems like a waste of money.

JOYD -- could you please change the tracker title

Please change the tracker title to indicate 'ONLY tracker' .