2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

140 Approved!!

Hi,

Finally the sweetest email on earth arrived. The anxiety associated with this wait was more because I had changed employers on July 1st. And I was not sure if my employer would help had there been any RFE. Thank God that everything worked out fine.

I am attaching the updated spreadsheet. :D :D :D :D

Duration

sanjana_7788 said:
How long did it take for labour && i 140???

DesiChai.com....

Sanjana,

I have filed my labor last March 2003. Filed under EB2. Got rejected and filed again under EB3. Got cleared around September 2003.

Filed I-140 by October 2003. Got cleared July 2004.

Hope this helps.

:)

I-140 approved.

I-140 approved yesterday.

Category: EB2
ND I-140/I-485: 6/5/03
FP done: 3/11/04
RFE Issued: 5/11/04 (credential evaluation)
RFE response rcvd: 5/26/04
I-140 AD: 7/13/04

congrats

I won't be surprised to see your I-485 approval in the next two days...
Just my 1c guess. Congratulations on your 140 Approval..

gc80 congrats

congrats...we are in the same boat now waiting for I485. Could you please check to see if your I485 LUD changed. Mine changed after I140 approval but still no news....(is the Name check which is holding up!!!).

I-485 lud has'nt change after I-140 approval. have you received any rfe on
i-485 after the lud change?

I485 LUD and RFE - Nothing so far

I haven't heard anything after that update ( no status change ). If nothing happens within a month then next realistic hope will be on applying for EAD renewal in November/December.

Finger print Notice Received

Finger Print Notice received on 07/10/2004.

Case details in 2003.xls

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am filing EAD renewal online and have doubts on 2 questions. I am i-485 adjustment pending status and went to India last month on AP(approved by vermont center)
1) Manner of Last Entry into the U.S.:
I don't see I-485 pending adjustment in drop-box for above but they have option DC:Advance parole(DISTRICT AUTH) is this same as approved by service center.
2) Current immigration status
Here it still don't give pending adjustment, can i again choose DC:Advance parole(DISTRICT AUTH) from drop-box

Thanks
--rubs

140 Rfe

I got RFE on 140 related to degree evaluation. I don't understand why INS would ask for degree eval, when my masters was done in a US univ.

Can anyone share similar experience.

regards

Casio,
EB2 or EB3?. Depends on how you file. And what's your degree in?.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 Approved

Hi,
I am very happy today as my 140 has been approved. Wanted to share this with everyone in the forum. Here are my details:

I-140 and I-485 ND and RD 09/30/2003
I-140 RFE 06/07/2004 (Education Evaluation and Experience)
I-140 RFE Response received 07/06/2004

I-140 APPROVED :D 07/15/2004

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali

GC_Kaavaali said:
Hi,
I am very happy today as my 140 has been approved. Wanted to share this with everyone in the forum. Here are my details:

I-140 and I-485 ND and RD 09/30/2003
I-140 RFE 06/07/2004 (Education Evaluation and Experience)
I-140 RFE Response received 07/06/2004

I-140 APPROVED :D 07/15/2004

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali

Congrats GC Kaavaali. Have fun!!
Could you tell me what is experience RFE you had? was it a separate RFE for experience letters? I read your earlier post but could not make out.

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
Congrats GC Kaavaali. Have fun!!
Could you tell me what is experience RFE you had? was it a separate RFE for experience letters? I read your earlier post but could not make out.

Here is the exact wording of the RFE.

Submit additional evidence to establish that the beneficiary possessed the required master's degree or equivalent in engineering, computer science or math and one year of experience in the job offered (software engineer) or one year experience in a related occupation ( any computer related profession) as of August 13, 2001, the date of filing.

The evaluation of the beneficiary's education submitted by you is insufficient because the evaluator included the beneficiary's two months of training from "X" and "Y". These programs do not appear to be equivalent to education from an accredited institution in the United States. An acceptable evaluation should :
1) Consider formal education only, not practical experience;
2) State if the collegiate training was post-secondary education, i.e, whether the applicant completed the United States equivalent of high school before entering college;
3) Provide a detailed explanation of the material evaluated;
4) Breifly state the qualifications and experience of the evaluator providing the opinion.

Ther Service acknowledges that a bachelor's degree plus five years of progressive work experience may be accepted in lieu of a master's degree. The Service further notes, an additional year of experience is required, based on the ETA 750 of record. Therefore, not including training from "X" and "Y", to qualify under this ETA 750, the beneficiary must document 6 years of work experience along with the bachelor's degree. Based on the date the bachelor's degree was awarded, January 1996, the beneficiary would not qualify as the priority date is August 13, 2001, five years and seven months after the degree award.

GC_Kaavaali said:
Here is the exact wording of the RFE.

Submit additional evidence to establish that the beneficiary possessed the required master's degree or equivalent in engineering, computer science or math and one year of experience in the job offered (software engineer) or one year experience in a related occupation ( any computer related profession) as of August 13, 2001, the date of filing.

The evaluation of the beneficiary's education submitted by you is insufficient because the evaluator included the beneficiary's two months of training from "X" and "Y". These programs do not appear to be equivalent to education from an accredited institution in the United States. An acceptable evaluation should :
1) Consider formal education only, not practical experience;
2) State if the collegiate training was post-secondary education, i.e, whether the applicant completed the United States equivalent of high school before entering college;
3) Provide a detailed explanation of the material evaluated;
4) Breifly state the qualifications and experience of the evaluator providing the opinion.

Ther Service acknowledges that a bachelor's degree plus five years of progressive work experience may be accepted in lieu of a master's degree. The Service further notes, an additional year of experience is required, based on the ETA 750 of record. Therefore, not including training from "X" and "Y", to qualify under this ETA 750, the beneficiary must document 6 years of work experience along with the bachelor's degree. Based on the date the bachelor's degree was awarded, January 1996, the beneficiary would not qualify as the priority date is August 13, 2001, five years and seven months after the degree award.

Thank you GC Kavvali. I appreciate it.

How can I initiate an inquiry on my I-140

Would appreciate if someone can let me know how to initiate an inquiry on my I-140?

Also I heard EAD/AP can be filed online.Would like to know the process and experiences of anyone who has done it.

Destiny