2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

keepthefaith said:
Hello all,

This is the first time I am posting on this forum. I have been viewing messages for sometime though. It is quite informative and helpful. Getting down to the business now: My I-140 and 485 have receipt date of 8/19/03. Got my EAD in Oct'03. Have not heard anything about my I-140 from USCIS/attorney. USCIS web site shows last update as 8/22/03. Mine is an EB3 category against substituted labor (1999). I see that currently Oct'03 cases are getting approved. I am wondering what is going on with my case. Is there anything that I should be doing at this stage or should I wait for some more time. My attorney rarely responds back to my messages.

Any help from you all will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone. :)

keepthefaith,
I also have a receipt date of 8/19/03 on my 140 & 485, Still no word from USCIS. Hopefully we should hear something soon.
My attorney tells me that right now they are getting back cases having ND of june. july.

gccrak said:
keepthefaith,
I also have a receipt date of 8/19/03 on my 140 & 485, Still no word from USCIS. Hopefully we should hear something soon.
My attorney tells me that right now they are getting back cases having ND of june. july.
gccrak, thanks for the update. What is the update info on your case at USCIS web site? Did you get any finger print notice ? Has your attorney initiated a query with USCIS ?

keepthefaith said:
gccrak, thanks for the update. What is the update info on your case at USCIS web site? Did you get any finger print notice ? Has your attorney initiated a query with USCIS ?
I am also in same boat.. My I 140 Aug 18 Last Updated DAte : Sep3 2003 that is it.. nobody look at after that. In my company one of my friend applied in Oct 20 2003 he already got approval.

keepthefaith said:

keepthefaith,
last updated date is 08/22/03. No FP notice yet. I have not intiated any Inquiry. I dont think that it will do any good.
Keep in touch and let us know when you hear anything.

keepthefaith said:
Allsucks,

Do you know of any person with receipt date of 8/18 to 8/22 who got I-140 approved ?

hi keepthefaith,

my nd is 08/25/03, eb3 concurrent filer, i just got my i140 approval last june 02, 2004 and after a week, june 09, 2004 uscis emailed me saying that they transferred my i485 application to the local office HARTFORD, CT who will be the one to initiate further actions and will inform me of the appointment date for interview, the thing is, i havent done any finger printing yet nor received any notices for that... not sure now if i should be worried or not. i'm gonna apply for 2nd ead by the way next month... also, my lawyer didnt do any status enquiry as he informed me that it wont do any good anyway.

hope this will help you somehow, i understand your situation. just keep your faith, wait and goodluck.

edvtorres

Ditto Here

Hi Keep the faith,

My situation is exactly the same as yours. Notice date 8/19/03. Last Updated 8/22/03 and got EAD in 10/03. Mine is EB3 also but the labor was not substituted. It was in my name.

I have not heard anything either from USCIS. My lawyer did tell me that we can initiate an inquiry into the delay once the official processing date has gone 30 days beyond the notice date on the receipt notice. I hesitated to do that for a while, thinking that my case may be under the new O'hata memo queue (which means faster I485 adjudication even though 140 may get delayed). But I keep seeing Sept. and Oct. 140 approvals without corresponding 485 approvals, so I think Vermont is not really putting the Ohata process in place yet. I've asked my lawyer to initiate and inquiry with USCIS.

Will let you know if anything comes out of it. In the meantime I have applied for extensions for the EAD and AP. I got receipt notices but the receipt numbers on the notices seem to be invalid, if the USCIS case status site is to be believed. Each time I try to check the case status it says invalid receipt number. My lawyer's office has also requested the Vermont center to clarify that.

keepthefaith said:
Hello all,

This is the first time I am posting on this forum. I have been viewing messages for sometime though. It is quite informative and helpful. Getting down to the business now: My I-140 and 485 have receipt date of 8/19/03. Got my EAD in Oct'03. Have not heard anything about my I-140 from USCIS/attorney. USCIS web site shows last update as 8/22/03. Mine is an EB3 category against substituted labor (1999). I see that currently Oct'03 cases are getting approved. I am wondering what is going on with my case. Is there anything that I should be doing at this stage or should I wait for some more time. My attorney rarely responds back to my messages.

Any help from you all will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone. :)

tiger2025 said:
Hi NVC

Any updates on your I-140 rfe.Heared anything form USCIS?
I replied my I-140 and I-485 rfe on 06/07/04.No updates on mys case.website still shows the old message.
Hi tiger2025..
My RFE was replyed on 06/04 last update date shows 06/08 but nothing after that ...will keep you posted if anything changes on my side..
tiger2025

neerajv said:
Hi Keep the faith,

My situation is exactly the same as yours. Notice date 8/19/03. Last Updated 8/22/03 and got EAD in 10/03. Mine is EB3 also but the labor was not substituted. It was in my name.

I have not heard anything either from USCIS. My lawyer did tell me that we can initiate an inquiry into the delay once the official processing date has gone 30 days beyond the notice date on the receipt notice. I hesitated to do that for a while, thinking that my case may be under the new O'hata memo queue (which means faster I485 adjudication even though 140 may get delayed). But I keep seeing Sept. and Oct. 140 approvals without corresponding 485 approvals, so I think Vermont is not really putting the Ohata process in place yet. I've asked my lawyer to initiate and inquiry with USCIS.

Will let you know if anything comes out of it. In the meantime I have applied for extensions for the EAD and AP. I got receipt notices but the receipt numbers on the notices seem to be invalid, if the USCIS case status site is to be believed. Each time I try to check the case status it says invalid receipt number. My lawyer's office has also requested the Vermont center to clarify that.
Neerajv,

It seems there is something strikingly strange about the cases with receipt date falling within 8/18 - 8/22 week. I am not able to figure out what that might be. It could not be due to an officer who is taking his/her own sweet time as the entire batch for this week could not have been assigned to a single person.

edvtorres said:
hi keepthefaith,

my nd is 08/25/03, eb3 concurrent filer, i just got my i140 approval last june 02, 2004 and after a week, june 09, 2004 uscis emailed me saying that they transferred my i485 application to the local office HARTFORD, CT who will be the one to initiate further actions and will inform me of the appointment date for interview, the thing is, i havent done any finger printing yet nor received any notices for that... not sure now if i should be worried or not. i'm gonna apply for 2nd ead by the way next month... also, my lawyer didnt do any status enquiry as he informed me that it wont do any good anyway.

hope this will help you somehow, i understand your situation. just keep your faith, wait and goodluck.

edvtorres
edvtorres,
That sounds like a good news. I think the ball is rolling in your case. I would not lose my sleep over FP notice. Lets hope that you get your finger print notice and interview at CT soon. Btw, I am also living in CT. Is it necessary that each one of us has to go through local office(Hartford in this case) ?

keepthefaith said:
Neerajv,

It seems there is something strikingly strange about the cases with receipt date falling within 8/18 - 8/22 week. I am not able to figure out what that might be. It could not be due to an officer who is taking his/her own sweet time as the entire batch for this week could not have been assigned to a single person.
keepthefaith,
As you said there seems to be something strange with applications falling b/w 8/18 - 8/22. My EAD also had an ND of 8/19 and it took unusually long time for the approval (4 months +), Remember way back during that time the EAD use to take only 2 months of max to get approved. At that time I recall my attorney told me that "there seems to be some problem with applications filed in August."
Let us all hope for the best.

Hi NVC

My Last update status changed on June 14, 2004 we received your response to our request for evidence or information.

140 Approved

My I-140 got approved yesterday
140/485 RD-8/5/03
140 AD-6/14/04
My case is an EB3 case.

Did you receive mail from INS?

tiger2025 said:
Hi NVC

My Last update status changed on June 14, 2004 we received your response to our request for evidence or information.

Guys, I have a question, do you receive mail from INS even if your Last Update Date changes?

Thanks,
Antro

I-140 October 2003

140/485 concurrent filing
RD 10/27/2003
ND 10/29/2003
VSC

EAD Approved. NO RFE . NO word on I140

antropeter said:
Guys, I have a question, do you receive mail from INS even if your Last Update Date changes?

Thanks,
Antro

antropeter i checked the status online today.I did not recieve any email because i am not registerd on USCIS website?
I think you will recieve email only if you are registerd?

Hi Tiger ...

My Online status hasnt changed yet it still says that they have received the RFE reply.
Lats update date s still 6/08. "BRIGAND" had a similar RFE and his RFE reply was received by USCIS on 06/01 and his 140 was approved on 06/12 ( I think its 12 th or 13 th) so roughly 12 days ...
Hope I hear something from USCIS in the next week or two.
will keep you posted.
NVC

NVC..give it three to four weeks.

Recently we have seen decision on RFE response happening within 2 weeks. We can say it will be any where between 8 days to 5 weeks period. My RFE response was mailed out on June 3rd. RFE response received on June 7th and last update date is June 8th.

My D-Day will be around 22 to 26th. Let me see what happens.