2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

jack76 said:
Hi Guys

I am in EB3 category
My info is in the excel sheet!..

The question here is i have got my EAD and AP in april and now my company is not doing so good so i am looking for a new job..i am in the verge of getting a job offer!..the client does no sponser h1 and stuff..so i said to client that i am eligible to work for any employer provided i have the same job desc and salary range..and i also mentioned that they need to support me until i get the green card.The client specifically asked me what kind of support. they want in detail what exactly they need to do..

Could any of you tell me what is the paper work i need from the new employer (i completed 200 days after i applied 485 and my 140 is approved)

Do i have to apply for ac21 rightnow or wait for rfe!.

Please explain to me in detail!. based on your comments i will have to talk to the employer tomorrow..

I appreciate you help in anticipation

Check out this thread

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=129200

bucolic7445 said:
ETA,
In the AC21 scenario, can one set up a company, create a designation same as the one from the previous employer.. and work for that company???

possible???? :confused:

Heh - nice try :).

Basically you need the same level of support under AC21 as you do without it -- you still need a sponsor and you can't sponsor yourself (if you could then you could probably do the entire GC that way :D).

ETA

I-140 Approved

It was my day today.

EB-2. No RFE
I-140 ND 10/9/04
I-140 AD 6/9/04

Can someone please update the excel sheet. My I-131 is still pending. My wife's I-131 was approved in March.

Pathik

What is the maximum duration for AP (I-131)?

Any body knows, What is the maximum duration for AP? and In that AP, how many maximum trips we can do?.

skriyaz said:
Any body knows, What is the maximum duration for AP? and In that AP, how many maximum trips we can do?.

When I asked the same question to my lawyer, his reply was that there is no limit for trips as such. He told me I can get photcopies of the APs to travel and if at POE if they want to keep it you can hand them the photocopy. In my case they never took my originals, they made the copies and kept the copies for themselves

tracker updated with approvals for pathikb and ETA-GC

This morning I had not one but two emails from USCIS-CSSO saying that my I-140 case was approved yesterday (06/09/04). The email was sent at 9:01am today. The online status at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/logoff.do was also updated -- my I-140 now shows a last updated date of 06/10/04.

This is a concurrently filed EB3, no RFE case. Fairly big company (>1000 employees across the US).

ETA

ETA-GC said:
This morning I had not one but two emails from USCIS-CSSO saying that my I-140 case was approved yesterday (06/09/04). The email was sent at 9:01am today. The online status at https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/logoff.do was also updated -- my I-140 now shows a last updated date of 06/10/04.

This is a concurrently filed EB3, no RFE case. Fairly big company (>1000 employees across the US).

ETA

Congrats ETA!

ETA-GC said:

ETA
Hello ETA,
Congratulations man! I am really happy for you... it seems like a long wait!! :)

Lets hope to hear some good news on my I-140 too, my ND is Oct 24, 2003!!

Good luck with your I485!

Antro

ETA-GC said:
First of all, I personally would be getting my own (good) immigration lawyer to deal with this. Even if it costs $1000 (I can't imagine it costing much more since 90+% of the work is done at this point) that's a good investment to make sure you don't mess things up when you are so close to getting the GC.

Probably none? You can work off your EAD and keep renewing this (and AP) as needed yourself.

If you think that your original sponsor might intentionally or accidently try to revoke your I-140, most people seem to recommend doing the AC21 paperwork now, rather than waiting for a possible RFE. The risk is that if the VSC issues a NOID (notice of intent to deny) that you never see (because it goes to the original company's lawyer) you could end up in a difficult situation.

At the time that the I-485 is processed the case officer needs to make sure that you have a job lined up that matches the original one, either with the original sponsor, or, under AC21, with a new sponsor. In theory, you could do anything in the meantime as long as you have the old/new sponsor able/willing to respond with the information that the case officer needs (confirm that you will be working for them, that your job duties are X, that their financials are in good shape).

What I don't know is exactly how to file AC21 or whether this can be done through a lawyer that works for you (which would reduce the new sponsors involvement to supplying a few documents if/when needed) or even if you can do it yourself. I would think that most companies would want to do this through their own lawyer for privacy reasons, even if you could technically do it yourself...

ETA
Thanks ETA for your suggestions!.

My company does not have a lawyer as such of their own!. they do all the processing using a private law firm. that is the lawyer i am dealing with now

In my case neither me nor my company has hard feeling about me leaving as i am with them for the past 3 years and they will understatnd if i leave they could not get me a job in the last 4 months!..

I am sure my company would not revoke the 140!..infact they applied the 140/485 a week after i lost the job!..that way they were helpful

i will ask the same lawyer to apply for the ac21..just to be in the safer side!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats ETA

heartening to know pals are getting approved. Best wishes and good luck for 485.
Sad part is most active memebers are now leaving to 485 thread... looks like Lools like only brigand and gang who does not want 140 approved will stay here.good for us!!

GCJaisaKoiNahi said:
Congrats ETA

heartening to know pals are getting approved. Best wishes and good luck for 485.
Sad part is most active memebers are now leaving to 485 thread... looks like Lools like only brigand and gang who does not want 140 approved will stay here.good for us!!

I am sticking around eventhough my 140 was approved in April. I would suggest ppl to do the same. Check the 485 forum occassionally but stick around here. They don't have a tracker like ours, I had posted it there, but ppl are not updating it as frequently as we do it here.

joyd

joyd said:
I am sticking around eventhough my 140 was approved in April. I would suggest ppl to do the same. Check the 485 forum occassionally but stick around here. They don't have a tracker like ours, I had posted it there, but ppl are not updating it as frequently as we do it here.

joyd

I'll definitely still be around also, although maybe not 10x a day like I've been doing recently :rolleyes:

This thread probably has the best tracker that I'm aware of for following the VSC's progress with I-485's.

ETA

AP Approved..

485/AP/EAD ND: 11/12/2003
AP AD: 06/08/2004
EAD AD: 06/03/2004

I-140 ND: 10/28/2003

RFE for AP/EAD on May 10th for fresh copy of passport.

Could someone update the tracker please.

Any News or Info about I-140 Approvals or Adjudication for cases Filed in November.News about even a Single case would b great :)

Regards

Vipul.

Congrats ETA-GC !!!
my ND is a few days earlier than yours, I'll hope I'll be joining your company soon.
good luck with the I-485