2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

Pending I-140 since last 11 months.

Hi All,
I had applied for I-140 in last july.Mean time My L-1 status is expiered, L-1 is deny and apeal for that.So me and My spouse can do work? What we have to do now? I-140 EB1 at VSC.
Thanks.

I-140 for Son Under 21 years.Urgent!!!!

Hi,
My Freind is going to apply for I-140/I-485 For him,spouse and son 16 years and son 20 years who is going to complete 21 years in Oct 2004. He is on L-1 and file under EB1 catagory. so pls advice We can file for son under 21 just now or what?
Thanks.

vicky007 said:
Any News or Info about I-140 Approvals or Adjudication for cases Filed in November.News about even a Single case would b great :)

Regards

Vipul.

There have been at least 2 cases from November approved in the last 2 weeks (see maybe under the October Approvals needed thread) but these would seem to be at the "bleeding edge" of the cases that the VSC is looking at -- they still have many cases in September and October (and even earlier) to deal with. I'm talking about "no-RFE" cases here -- as many know an early RFE in a case (e.g. during the initial review when the case is received) can lead to a quick approval once the reply to the RFE is received. I'm also talking about EB2 (non-NIW)/EB3 cases.

I'm starting to think that my "2 wave" theory might make sense -- I suggested elsewhere that there are some case officers making quick passes through all cases and making easy decisions while a 2nd wave of case officers is working on the stragglers. The first wave seems to be sweeping through October currently, the second wave is sitting over June / July / Aug / Sep cases. It seems that if you don't get handled in the first wave you might have to wait another 1-3 months for the second wave.

There may even be a 3rd "wave" (more of a ripple) that is dealing with cases which are lagging even further behind -- my heart goes out to the people in this situation as it's really hard to know what is going on with their cases...

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
You definitely have a point, ETA-GC. I think you may be right, since we are seeing approvals for cases filed in different months....

Congratulations on your approval.

I140 Approved

Friends,

My I140 got approved

It got approved on 06/08 after RFE response is sent on 05/04...It took five weeks after RFE has been sent.

ND (for I140/765/485) : 11/18/03
Substituted Labour

I140 RFE ND: Feb 9th
RFE responded: May 4th

The RFE was regarding
a) my Company's 6 months BANK statements
b) company's ability to pay
c) My 750 B form and W2

As a response to (b), we sent my Paystubs for the past 9 months, i.e. since the date i was working for my company.
Also, my company is not a big company. It has about 30 employees.
I am a bit relieved, now. Thanx for ur support. Also, I wish others who are waiting for Approvals a "BIG GOOD LUCK"

I do not know how to update the tracker. So I appreciate if any one of u guys could update my details

Thanks.

Thanks ETA-GC.

Sincerely hoping that Maximum Cases are handled by the First Wave officers.

Regards.

hi eta,

just got my 140 approved last june 02, 2004 and tonight, i got an email notice saying that they transferred my 485 application to Hartford, CT,,, a local office in CT obviously,, but i havent gotten any finger printing notice yet.....

by the way,,, nd is aug 25, 2003 eb3 concurrent filing....

is this good news or another years of waiting?

any comments on this will be highly appreciated.

edvtorres

I totally agree with your 2 wave theory, I think that's the case for I485 also. What I noticed is that for I485 after FP there is a "front wave" of transfers, and a second "front wave" of approvals. Unfortunately both front waves are several months in width, but fortunately the first front wave is hitting July 2003 while the second is somewhere at the end of 2002. So it might be the case that there are 2 groups of adjudicators, one that scans the applications for obvious things and transfers them and after several months (hope not years :mad: ) comes the second group that looks more carefully to issue RFE/approvals/more transfers eventually.

ETA-GC said:
There have been at least 2 cases from November approved in the last 2 weeks (see maybe under the October Approvals needed thread) but these would seem to be at the "bleeding edge" of the cases that the VSC is looking at -- they still have many cases in September and October (and even earlier) to deal with. I'm talking about "no-RFE" cases here -- as many know an early RFE in a case (e.g. during the initial review when the case is received) can lead to a quick approval once the reply to the RFE is received. I'm also talking about EB2 (non-NIW)/EB3 cases.

I'm starting to think that my "2 wave" theory might make sense -- I suggested elsewhere that there are some case officers making quick passes through all cases and making easy decisions while a 2nd wave of case officers is working on the stragglers. The first wave seems to be sweeping through October currently, the second wave is sitting over June / July / Aug / Sep cases. It seems that if you don't get handled in the first wave you might have to wait another 1-3 months for the second wave.

There may even be a 3rd "wave" (more of a ripple) that is dealing with cases which are lagging even further behind -- my heart goes out to the people in this situation as it's really hard to know what is going on with their cases...

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
edvtorres said:
hi eta,

just got my 140 approved last june 02, 2004 and tonight, i got an email notice saying that they transferred my 485 application to Hartford, CT,,, a local office in CT obviously,, but i havent gotten any finger printing notice yet.....

edvtorres

this is interesting since you didn't have your FP done .it could be good news.Usually transfering to local office means it is not a bad news.on an average 5 to 10 % will get transferred to local offices randomley after FP's are done and also name check both FBI and USCIS .

when is your appointment..??

they might take your FP's ..please don't forget to post your experience.

140 & 485 approvals

edvtorres said:
hi eta,

I wanted to post similar doubt on the forum today and logged in after couple of months. I have seen 3 such cases where the 140 had an RFE and once the response on the RFE is reviewed, their 485's were approved. I heard someone saying that after April 30th 2004, USCIS is approving such cases once for all. Does anyone know if this is true?

Mine was concurrently filed in July 2003, RFE on 140 in Sep and responded on Oct 15th 2003. So far no news. I neither have an EAD nor Advance Parole.

Does anyone know if I can get the interim EAD. The attorney was not sure about this.

Any feedback is appreciated.

edvtorres

hmd said:
this is interesting since you didn't have your FP done .it could be good news.Usually transfering to local office means it is not a bad news.on an average 5 to 10 % will get transferred to local offices randomley after FP's are done and also name check both FBI and USCIS .

when is your appointment..??

they might take your FP's ..please don't forget to post your experience.

hi hmd,

i dont have any appointment date yet, the email says that Hartford, CT local office will be the one who will inform me of the appointment date or any actions needed to be done....

i hope you're absolutely right that this case is a good one....

don't worry, i will keep you guys posted of any developments in my case.

thanks for the reply anyway.

edvtorres

edvtorres said:
hi eta,

edvtorres
Hi Ed ..so finally its approved ..congrats ..Umm we had the same ND.
So I go on a vacation and your 140 gets approved..
Mine ..they've received my RFE response ...still waiting ..
Take care ..
NVC

How to renew EAD

Friends,
I would appreciate if any one can let me know how to renew EAD.

thanks
gg1982

140 & 485 Approvals

Recently I have seen 3 cases where the 140 had an RFE and once the response on the RFE is reviewed, their 485's were approved. I heard someone saying that after April 30th 2004, USCIS is approving such cases once for all. Does anyone know if this is true?

Mine was concurrently filed in July 2003, RFE on 140 in Sep and responded on Oct 15th 2003. So far no news. I neither have an EAD nor Advance Parole.

Does anyone know if I can get the interim EAD. The attorney was not sure about this.

Any feedback is appreciated.

2nd EAD approved

ND 03/26/04, App 06/10/04. Case status updated online, no email yet.

Are we keeping a track of 2nd EADs, APs, etc on the tracker?

Please Advise

Hello all,

This is the first time I am posting on this forum. I have been viewing messages for sometime though. It is quite informative and helpful. Getting down to the business now: My I-140 and 485 have receipt date of 8/19/03. Got my EAD in Oct'03. Have not heard anything about my I-140 from USCIS/attorney. USCIS web site shows last update as 8/22/03. Mine is an EB3 category against substituted labor (1999). I see that currently Oct'03 cases are getting approved. I am wondering what is going on with my case. Is there anything that I should be doing at this stage or should I wait for some more time. My attorney rarely responds back to my messages.

Any help from you all will be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone. :)

NVC said:
Congartulations ...
Unfortunately had an RFE on MY 140 ..regarding DEgree Evaluation ( have Mech Engg BE) ..Lawyer got my degree evaluated and USCIS received the response on 4th june..last update date on my case shows todays date ..but I dont think I will get to hear anything from them till atleast 30 - 35 days are over ( thats how long USCIS is taking to reach a decision once an RFE response is received by their offce)..
I seldom go on the 485 section of this forum but I guess "JOYD" might know more as to which thread is the best to track all VSC 485 .. if not then just go ahead and start a new thread "Jul-Aug-Sep-03" thread to track all the July to Aug 485 case in the vermont section( just like we have it here in 140 forum ) and I will soon join you there to share pain/sorrow/anguish/frustration/agony/depression and then finally joy/happiness/content/satisfaction/PEACE
Take care ..ED...
NVC

Hi NVC

Any updates on your I-140 rfe.Heared anything form USCIS?
I replied my I-140 and I-485 rfe on 06/07/04.No updates on mys case.website still shows the old message.

tiger2025