2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

My I-140 finaly approved

Today is my day finaly my I-140 approved. :) :D :cool:

Concurrent filling
I140- ND 10/23/2003 (EB3)
I485- ND 10/23/2003

Someone please update the xcel sheet.

I still not received my FP. Any sugesstions would be appericiated.

Thanks guys. I love this board, keeps my life going.

:D :D :D :D

I have submitted affidavit for 485 and and it doesnt have my last name and parents as well. They mentioned only the first name. Will this cause any problems?
Thanks

It may.....

Austin.... dont worry.... if it causes any problem they will send you an RFE and you can correct your problem by replying to that RFE.....

Good luck,
Antro

2nd EAD

Veeru,

I received my FP notice around the last week of March for April 10. After my finger printing was done the LUD changed to May 6, 2004 saying "Your finger print has been received ....................". Recently I moved from one city to another one so I did address update also. The LUD on I-485 changed to May 26, 2004 but on I-140 did not change. USCIS says, if the I-140 was applied by the company, you don't need to change the address on that.

I hope I answer your questions.

How did you change your address?

Hi atiq72,
Even I would need to change my mailing address. Which form did you file and did your lawyer do it for you?

Thanks,
Destiny

coumars said:
Today is my day finaly my I-140 approved. :) :D :cool:

Concurrent filling
I140- ND 10/23/2003 (EB3)
I485- ND 10/23/2003

Someone please update the xcel sheet.

I still not received my FP. Any sugesstions would be appericiated.

Thanks guys. I love this board, keeps my life going.

:D :D :D :D

Congratulations

Enjoy the holidays

I140 approved

My I140 got approved today. concurrent, ND 10/21/2003, no RFEs. :))))
I would be very grateful if somebody updates the tracker for me.
I'm about to apply for my first EAD/AP (my wife got hers not long time ago). I hope this triggers FP.
My 6th year H1B expires soon, do you guys think that with an approved i140 it is safe enough to switch to EAD or I should also seek an H1B extention? My lawyer is requesting 2K for the extention.
Thanks a lot for the support, congratulations to the recently approved ones and good luck to everybody else.

2nd EAD

You need to fill out AR-11 and mail it to the address mentioned on the AR-11 form. You also need to call the service center and request a change of address on all the application you have pending with USCIS. In a month after you change the address you will get a notification from USCIS confirming your change of address.

You don't need to have a lawyer do it for you.

notice date

can somebody advise me, on the notice date. The application was received
by the center today, so when the case# will be generated ?Can I expect on wednesday or thursday ?
BTW, I live in CA, but my labor and company headquarters in NJ, so whether
VSC will process my application or they will transfer to CSC.
Thanks and appreciate your time in clarifying my doubts.

ar13 said:
My I140 got approved today. concurrent, ND 10/21/2003, no RFEs. :))))
I would be very grateful if somebody updates the tracker for me.
I'm about to apply for my first EAD/AP (my wife got hers not long time ago). I hope this triggers FP.
My 6th year H1B expires soon, do you guys think that with an approved i140 it is safe enough to switch to EAD or I should also seek an H1B extention? My lawyer is requesting 2K for the extention.
Thanks a lot for the support, congratulations to the recently approved ones and good luck to everybody else.

congrats.. it is always better to stay on H1 just in case something happens to your I485 which is very rare. The only problem with EAD you can't go back to h1 if I485 is denied for some reason.

So if you want to be abosuletly safe then stay on H1 and if you don't have any compelling reason to go for EAD ( except for 2k lawyer fee)

There are lot of ppl willing to go on EAD because we don't have any other choice ( Not many companies do H1 transfer any more)

2k for H1 extension is little bit high unless it is premium processing.
H1 fee (form I129) is 130 (last i checked) and then there is lawyer fee which is usually between 500 to 1000 plus mailing fees say 50 to 100 max. If you include premium processing then add extra 1000.

bmw140 said:
can somebody advise me, on the notice date. The application was received
by the center today, so when the case# will be generated ?Can I expect on wednesday or thursday ?
BTW, I live in CA, but my labor and company headquarters in NJ, so whether
VSC will process my application or they will transfer to CSC.
Thanks and appreciate your time in clarifying my doubts.

1. yep sometime next week

where did you send it to VSC or CSC??

hmd said:
congrats.. it is always better to stay on H1 just in case something happens to your I485 which is very rare. The only problem with EAD you can't go back to h1 if I485 is denied for some reason.

So if you want to be abosuletly safe then stay on H1 and if you don't have any compelling reason to go for EAD ( except for 2k lawyer fee)

There are lot of ppl willing to go on EAD because we don't have any other choice ( Not many companies do H1 transfer any more)

2k for H1 extension is little bit high unless it is premium processing.
H1 fee (form I129) is 130 (last i checked) and then there is lawyer fee which is usually between 500 to 1000 plus mailing fees say 50 to 100 max. If you include premium processing then add extra 1000.

Thanks for your advice. It re-enforces my feelings. The fees are 1500 legal fees + 380 filing fees, overall a bit less than 2K. I guess this is not premium, I wasn't even aware of the existence of premium processing for extensions.

Oh well, I'll give my company the option, it will be up to them.
It is still hard to imagine why a I485 will get denied once the I140 is approved. I understand it might be something stupid like not responding to a RFE, or a screw-up with the security checks but it shouldn't be very common.
Plus, a one-year extension will most probably expire before anybody takes a look at my i485.

hi,
can anybody sugest the travel agencies.i want to travel india in dec1 and return on jan22 plz suggest newark,nj to hyderabad. :confused:
thanks

tagoregc said:
hi,
can anybody sugest the travel agencies.i want to travel india in dec1 and return on jan22 plz suggest newark,nj to hyderabad. :confused:
thanks

check the dedicated thrread for imp questions on this forum

try Air india from NY you can go to HyD all the way..

Interim EAD

All,

My current EAD expires 10/13/2004. I have not yet applied for renewal of EAD and i will do it in 2/3 days time.

Will I get into any trouble, if i do not get my EAD approved before 10/13/2004 and i am not eligible for interim EAD.

Does anyone know, which case qualifies for an interim EAD? Is it 90 days since filing for EAD or 90 days since date of receipt of EAD application

Thanks much

reyi