2003 Consolidated Tracker ONLY (140/EAD/AP/FP/485)

485 Approved

485 Approved (Priority Date 10/18/2002)

I got the two surprising Approval Emails today one for myself and the other for my wife.
I am surprised because my priority date was 10/18/2002

I'll wait to receive our Actual approval notices by mail and then I'll celebrate and then I'll update the tracker
-----------------------------------
765/140/485 ND: 11/18/2003
PD:10/18/02

EAD (in July) and 140(in June) approved

FP1: 11/16/04 ( LUD: 11/22 (FP recd), 11/23, 12/8, 01/05(approved) )

485 message did not change after submitting FP

Me and my wife went for FP on 10/07/2004 but I just realised that the message hadnt changed after we had given the FP.
Reading through some of the post it says that USCIS generaly updates the LUD and the message changes to stating "Finger Print Received" or "Processing Resumed."

Also for some reason my second EAD is taking over 3 - 4 months since it was applied. EAD Date 08/10/2004, my old EAD got expired.

Also I see a lot of cases with ND after mine

Here are my details...

Can someone put across some reasonable explaination towards why it might get delayed.

thanks
kumarr

EB2 Seperate Filler

Labour PD May/2001
140 ND: 05/23/03 Two RFE's
140 AD: 07/17/04
485 ND: 08/19/03
FP Date: 10/07/04

tiger2004 said:
485 Approved (Priority Date 10/18/2002)

I got the two surprising Approval Emails today one for myself and the other for my wife.
I am surprised because my priority date was 10/18/2002

I'll wait to receive our Actual approval notices by mail and then I'll celebrate and then I'll update the tracker
-----------------------------------
765/140/485 ND: 11/18/2003
PD:10/18/02

EAD (in July) and 140(in June) approved

FP1: 11/16/04 ( LUD: 11/22 (FP recd), 11/23, 12/8, 01/05(approved) )
Which country you belongs too?

485 saga continues

Is there anyone on the same boat as mine.

Even after Finger printing the Message didnot change. It still reads out that my application ND on August 19 2003.

What is the ongoing pattern for approvals.
My PD is in May 2001
ND for 140 is in June 03
ND for 485 is in Aug 03

EAD pending over 4-5 months

Friends of mine who had FP on the same day as mine, after mine and after a mile after mine have already sailed through gracefully.
WHY ME WHY ME WHY ME?

From what I understand, FBI needs to process FP before the USCIS message is updated. This is usually quick.
FBI also does a name check, and I'm guessing from your name (the equivalent of 'Smith' around here) it is quite probable that it will take an unknown amount of time.

Though you may have missed the initial 'wave' through Aug 03, your ND is still well within the timeframe of the apps being processed (from Rupnet etc).

On the other hand, it could just be that you'll see the approval notice in the mail tomorrow with no changes in status or LUD, as is known to have happened before.

This might not have helped much, but its a wait-and-see game and we really dont get much say in how USCIS conducts its business.

Good luck

thanks tblade

Your explaination made me feel better. For now I think should be good enough to keep me energised and keep waiting...

thank you for your support.

good luck to all you folks who are watching seriously in this thread.

kumarr
I am also in the same boat ...my FP was done on 10/07/04

My status however changed on 11/06
"we responded to your request for more information concerning your case...."
which I think is because i called up to change home address.
After that no change.

For my wife it still original message "Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on ..."

I called up FBI to find fingerprint status which they have sent on same day.
I am worried my application could be stuck in NameCheck :mad: or is it USCIS is delaying for some reason?
Any ideas how to follow up on Name Check anyone.

As i see many others getting approved in same timeframe when i applied.

njwaiting2001 - What would be the process to Call FBI for Name Check

Dear njwaiting2001:
I would appreciate if you could briefly discuss the process to contact FBI to findout if the Name Check had been complete.
On your email earlier you had mentioned that you had a chance to Call FBI and mentioned that FBI had sent in the details on the same day.

Could you kindly clarify how to proceed / what would be the Ph Number to call.

Is there somebody in the Forum who might have done this prior to find if the Name Check had gone through, kindly guide us.

thanks
Good Luck to you njwaiting2001

CAn somebody confirm if these details for Name check is correct has anyone tried it?

FBI NNCP (Name check) Washington, DC. Fax: (202)-324-3367
FBI Fingerprint Status Check Office, West Virginia. Phone: (304)-625-2000

If you are going to send a fax, include the following:

First and Last Name (Middle name if any):
Other names used (if any):
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
A#
SSN:
USCIS office where I-485 was filled:

I got this info from the INet... Can somebody confirm the same

thanks

kumarr said:
FBI NNCP (Name check) Washington, DC. Fax: (202)-324-3367
FBI Fingerprint Status Check Office, West Virginia. Phone: (304)-625-2000

If you are going to send a fax, include the following:

First and Last Name (Middle name if any):
Other names used (if any):
Date of Birth:
Place of Birth:
A#
SSN:
USCIS office where I-485 was filled:

I got this info from the INet... Can somebody confirm the same

thanks

You need to send your
First Name:
Middle Name:
Lastname:
A#
Date of birth:
Email Address:

to FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov requesting the status of you NameCheck

You can expect a reply in 2 - 2.5 months.

I sent it in the month of October and got a reply on Nov 10 stating that my name check was pending.

Good luck to you.

VA_Mclean Have you tried calling them ever

Dear VA_Mclean:
Have you ever tried calling them over phone.. or do you know somebody who had done this in past.

Am assuming that they might have a website with their domainname ic.fbi.gov ..
I kind of not very comfortable to explore the option to send in information over unsecure email to an unknown source. Am sure you would ahve thought the same.

Anyway is there somebdy who might have similar experience...

thanks

VA_Mclean thanks for the info abt emailing Name Check req.

What are you planning to do abt your pending status or is it just wait and see game as with USCIS ..I mean is there any way to follow up on name check to make it faster.

is anybody getting 485 approvals after 01/01/2005 whose category is EB3
and PD after 01/2002?

does anyone falls similar to my case?
Please share...
Thanks

Labour Applied 02/09/03 - Approval 04/29/03
EB3 - India
I-140 RD 12/22/03 - ND 12/29/03 (my case is not even touched till now
called four to five times.. no response from USCIS)
I-485 RD 12/22/03 - ND 12/29/03
EAD AD 07/10/04 (After RFE)
AP AD 07/13/04 (After RFE)

FP 10/29/04
LUD on I-485 11/04/04 (on FP), 12/10/04, 12/13/04 .. for ? :confused:

kumarr said:
Dear VA_Mclean:
Have you ever tried calling them over phone.. or do you know somebody who had done this in past.

Am assuming that they might have a website with their domainname ic.fbi.gov ..
I kind of not very comfortable to explore the option to send in information over unsecure email to an unknown source. Am sure you would ahve thought the same.

Anyway is there somebdy who might have similar experience...

thanks

I have tried everything possible. I even spoke to the Sec of Asst director of NameCheck program. All they say is wait and it will be done. They don’t encourage any expedite request. They only work on the cases submitted by USCIS or any expedite request from USCIS.

They have stopped giving NameCheck status over the phone. If you call them they will ask you to send a E-mail as mentioned before.

I called my senator office and even that did not help.

I am just waiting for the processing date for I-485 pass my date so that i can put up a status inquiry and follow up from their.

VA_mclean

Dear VA_Mclean:

You sure had tried turing every stone possbile to get initiative on your case.Wish you should have all success soon. Me 2 praying that the USCIS updates the processing dates from June19...and soon after the elections it froze on these dates and doesnt seem to be moving any further.Even yesterday USCIS had updated all the Case Processing dates at VT and nothing changed in 485 dates. The number of approvals also diminished by a huge margin these days.
At this point am assuming that there are only a veryfew cases that are pending from 2003 on EB2 category. Some thing similar to this happen to my friend in NY 4 years back during similar election time frame. things almost came to a stand still soon after the elections and what was estimated to be cleared took more than 8 to10 months and entire vermont went back logged.

Hopefully we dont see that happen to us atlest.
Is your ND and FP dates is in the same time frame as mine

kumarr said:
Dear VA_Mclean:

You sure had tried turing every stone possbile to get initiative on your case.Wish you should have all success soon. Me 2 praying that the USCIS updates the processing dates from June19...and soon after the elections it froze on these dates and doesnt seem to be moving any further.Even yesterday USCIS had updated all the Case Processing dates at VT and nothing changed in 485 dates. The number of approvals also diminished by a huge margin these days.
At this point am assuming that there are only a veryfew cases that are pending from 2003 on EB2 category. Some thing similar to this happen to my friend in NY 4 years back during similar election time frame. things almost came to a stand still soon after the elections and what was estimated to be cleared took more than 8 to10 months and entire vermont went back logged.

Hopefully we dont see that happen to us atlest.
Is your ND and FP dates is in the same time frame as mine

Kumarr,

Here are my details:
PD: 08/17/2001
I-140 : RD:06/26/2003 ND: 07/09/2003 AD:04/28/2004
I-485 : RD:06/26/2003 ND: 07/09/2003 AD : ???
FP : Done on 08/25/2004
NAME Check: sent by INS to FBI on 07/31/2003. Till today in Pending Sts.

Even now every alternate day I call up FBI(Supervisor's ) to ask for my status but they never pick up the phone I have left a lot number of voice mail but no one returns the call. But when i spoke to the Sec of Asst director of Name Chek program she told that they are heavely under staffed and INS has dumped them with truck loads of Name verification. This does not make any sense to me because they have cleared so may name where ND date is much above my mark. I am not sure what has happened to my case. They acknowledge that they have my case and i feel for some reason due to system glitch the automated process is not validating my record at all.

The last update i have from FBI was on NOV 15 2003 that it was in Pending status. Since then my LUD for I-485 has changed twice 11/20/04,11/22/04. I hope it is due to Name check clearance.

I am not sure how under staffed FBI Name check program staff is, to just tell the status of a case they are taking 2 months now, and to clear it god only knows.

I wish and hope your name check is cleared.

Thanks VA_Mclean for the info.

Its very frustating to know FBI takes more than 2 moths to respond about the status.
Also I read in some other posts based on email you have provided ..some of them never received email response.