2002 Jan/Feb/Mar RD/ND - The optimists

Rsinha

I heard that if you had you AP and EAD done at a local office,
the case gets transfreed to local INS is that true? Where is your
local office?

local office - Cincinnati, Ohio

If they do transfer, I would not mind it.

So far service locally has been great and hopefully it will continue to be so.

Maybe it will be a blessing and the local office will be faster than NSC!!!

No Title

did any of you get a warning from your lawyers that there maybe a slowdown of 485 approvals once INS starts to process July-August 485 filers?

Predicted slowdown when INS start processing June/july 2001

Guys,
I did not recv any such notice from my lawyer..But I read few discussions here just anticipating a slowdown,with which I agree too..There is no official announcements from INS that I know.

Mainly because EB3 became current in May 2001 after Jan 1999. So in June and July there could be as many as 2 yrs of EB3 485s besides EB2..

Moreover INS might see big restructuring after terrorists student VISA thing. That might affect 485 processing too..I read one message on ISN.org that one of the AC21 180 eligible 485 case was put on hold just because there is no clear regulations for IIOs..I hope this is not the results of terrorists students VISA incident..

What do u think guys..?

RD: 02/14, ND: 02/25, EAD approved 03/11, got it yesterday

filled out AP forms too, but i don\'t think my attorney sent them in... i didn\'t get a receipt for them in any case.

what is the FP situation like?

maybe slowdown but maybe not

look at vsc and csc
no slow down until now
my friends with RD 06/01 got their gc in vsc
and someone RD 08/01 got his GC in CSC

I agree with h1togc regarding predicted slowdown.

All the people who were waiting for 2 1/2 years applied in a month or two, I think that will slow down the processing time considerably.
There are two arguments given against the slow down:-
1)People with July RD are still getting approval : That could be possible because EB3 dates became current in July so people need at least a month time to get the medical and then lawyer will take time to file, so we should wait and watch what happens in next month or two.
2)AVM still says it is taking 300-350 days : AVM is for current processing time and not for future predictions.

All these are just predictions, Lets be optimistic and hope NSC goes at its current pace.

-Pathik

Hey Gheewalabhai

R u from MN ? Me in Bloomington, MN. I was the guy who got laid off in Oct after just filing 485. Now I have my EAD, AP. Waiting for FP.

Rd : 10/28/2001
ND : 11/24/2001
EAD, AP : 12/24/2001
FP ????
AD ????

gcar

hey gheewalabhai! haven\'t you guessed? i am in iowa

... the state with a 3 million human and 15 million porcine population!

btw, my AP also arrived yesterday... i guess my attorney did send my application.

gcar, I am from Bloomington too, I mean close to Bloomington,

Haven\'t you received any FP notice yet? That is almost 6 months now!
In MN it looks really slow. Are you working in another job or are you trying to wait for 180 days??

Anybody with Jan/Feb/Mar 2002 RD who got FP notice?

If So pl. post with FP date and local place where you got you FP done..

Thanks.
PD 04/2000
RD 02/11/02
ND 02/19/02
Got AP/EAD
FP waiting..
AD waiting..

Gheewalabhai

Right now working on EAD as a contractor. I hope things shud move well in 485 and this job change wudn\'t affect the end result. Anyway i am just hopin. Lets see !!!! In case u come across any software job listing for a permenant position lemme know. In MN, FP is abt 6 months from RD. So have to wait !!!

gcar

how is the software job market here, i do not directly belong to

software field, that is why I am not sure, are there steady contract jobs available or they are hard to come by and sporadic?

Gheewalabhai

There r a few software jobs available. The catch is, u need to know the right guy at the right place. Gone are those days where one\'s voice mail box was flooded with calls when his resume hit the monster board. The important thing is one shud not require any visa sponsorships. So in effect, though the Greenspans and the Bushes claim economic recovery and stuff, the common man is yet to see it in terms of job calls !!! H1s "might" be processed for people who have real exceptional talent(or shud I say skillsets). So in effect the mkt has corrected itself and H1 visas are there for what they were really meant for !!!

gcar

well, if you feel that you can never have enough corn or soybean,

then iowa is the state for you!

and i think, this year again, we host the two-yearly iowa pork congress, and elect our state pork queen...

Successfully got back on AP from UK!!!

Come onnn guys if we are optimistic,lets keep the thread alive

FP results recd by NSC

My husband and I got our FPs done on March 14th 2002. The AVM now says that - \'FP results were recd on March 25th 2002 and the processing will be resumed\'. I think it will now be a long wait of atleast 9 months to a year. Good luck everyone.