2002 Jan/Feb/Mar RD/ND - The optimists

ghee, here are the details...

being a firm believer in erring on the side of caution, my wife and i reached there just over an hour ahead of time, especially since the federal bldg where the INS field office is located is in des moines downtown, and i just wanted to be sure that we did not spend an eternity looking for parking.

at the INS office itself, they hardly looked at the time or date of appointment, just gave a cursory glance at the FP notice to confirm it was there. they told us to take a number, and gave us a simple form to fill out. within 20 minutes, we were called in for fingerprinting; my wife\'s and mine took a combined 10 minutes. so actually we ended up making it out of there a few minutes before our appointed time. the staff were very courteous. i had no hesitation in checking the "excellent" box in the "tell us how you were treated" card. i would have had no hesitation in checking the "excellent" box if i was treated like crap.

Question to gcar

Hi gcar,

As per your earlier postiong, your FP is done on 05/07. Did FBI sent the results back to INS? Did you check AVM? I done my FP on 05/11, still AVM says the old message "FP notice sent on blah blah..."..so any idea how long it generally take to process our Finger Prints?..
I am just curious to know! ..I appreciate your reply!

Thanks,
DESI_123

Answers

Desi_123,

I checked the AVM and it still says "FP was sent....". Dunno why things are taking so long.

Ghee,

A friend of mine in MNPLS went earlier than the scheduled date. He just had to give a reason why he came in early. So without much ado they accomadated him.

gcar

gcar

do you know what day of the week he went there? sometime i think their rescheduling day matters too, some days are slower than others.

Gheewalabhai - when was your fp scheduled and when did you go?

Also, Gheewalabhai - as have hit the magic 100 messages mark again, do you want to go ahead and start Part III !!!!

Sorry about BIP - should be BIU.

rsinha,

I went for fp last week. they did raise issues for showing up earlier and kept waiting half an hour or so but after giving some reason why i wanted to do it earlier(travel etc.) they let me do it. so it is not fun but 2 weeks sooner, this may not help anything.

please go ahead and started a new thread part II.

Please transition to "2002 Jan/Feb/Mar RD/ND - The Optimists - Part II"

Please transition your discussiosn to "2002 Jan/Feb/Mar RD/ND - The Optimists - Part II"
[This thread was getting to be too long (>100 messages)]

This discussion thread will be closing shortly.