2002 Jan/Feb/Mar RD/ND - The optimists Part II

axb

This is a continuation of "2002 Jan/Feb/Mar RD/ND - The optimists" as the thread was getting to be too long (>100 messages).

Please join the discussion if you have a 2002 Jan/Feb/Mar RD/ND (for I-485 in NSC).

Current posters - - Please transition your discussions to Part II so that we can then close Part I.

INS RD & ND

Can anyone tell me how long it taks for INS to cash the checks for I485 application and also how much time does it take before getting the receipts & the case.

how to check if the FP was approved? do they update the AVM or there is

a FBI hotline that you can get info. I called AVM and it is still says the receipt date for 485 application and taking 360-390 days
to process. My RD is off by a week from the actual on the paper and
on the Voice Machine! What could this be, a bug or they goofed up.

FP

My FP was scheduled today at 2pm. I went at 8am. The lady at front desk asked me to come at 2pm.
RD:02/14/02
ND:02/22/02
EAD:05/11/02
FP:06/07/02- DETROIT

FP ?..Help

We went for FP for me and my spouce on June 4th. It was scheduled at 2.00 PM..we went there at 11.00AM..they were fine with that..Mine went OK..But they could not take proper FP of my wife\' as her finger tips are very smooth..they tried 3-4 times..finally took something..But operator said that she might have to come back again as FBI may not be able to verify it..Anybody in such scenario..And what if they cant take FP next time too..is there any other way to get our backgourd verified and cleared..pl. give some info if anybody in same situation.

Thanks.

Check

www.rupnet.com/immigration (A great site in addition to this! These 2 sites complement each other well) you\'ll get an idea. My checks cashed the day I physically received the notice, which was about 5 days after the notice date (a weekend intervened).

FYI - INS generates notices on Saturdays too! Currently (May) it seems that they are generating notices between 7 - 10 days of RD, an improvement from 15 - 17 days (in April). Maybe it \'cos there are fewer I485 applications due delayed I140 application approvals the past couple of months.

h1togc

did they use machine to ge this done or carbon(old method). I think
machine tells u if it is readable beforehand. how was your done?

As expected reFP for my wife

Folks,
Like I thought, locan INS has sent nother for re FP for my wife as previous one was not good. But we knew at the very same time, from operator, like I posted previously, that FP was not coming properly. As my wife\' Finger tops are so smooth...We dont know what to do..We will go one more time..But Guys any body in same boat pl. advise.

Thanks.

Not in AVM yet

Atleast as of Sunday, AVM has not updated to "processing has resumed". Had my FP on 05/07 in MPLS

gcar

is there any other hotline that you can check the status? like FBI

please post if you know the number and how to inquire about it.