2002 Jan/Feb/Mar RD/ND - The optimists Part II

rsinha:

Interesting note about expiring FP; havent heard that one before.

Along with your RFE, why dont you append a note regarding your second FP (and perhaps a copy of the "receipt" that you get after FP). Since BCIS has mentioned it specifically in the RFE, it makes sense to respond to that as well and alert the officer to the existence of the second FP (unless for some mysterious reason, the FBI couldnt process the second FP).

Another line of thinking is that the if officer sees the second FP (perhaps due to your alerting) and realizes that it is not necessary to expedite the case, your approval might get delayed.

K.S.

Finally received the RFE!!!

It is so ironic, to rejoice at the sight of "RFE".
But What the heck, my file is not lost in the maze. And that deserves a celebration!

Do not know the complete details yet, but the paralegal from the Attorney's office called about the RFE - Employment based.

The Online message still is stuck at the FP received blah blah blah.... NO updates about the RFE.

RD:Jan 03, 2002
ND:Jan 09, 2002
RFE: Sep 5th 2003

FP not yet updated since 10 months

RD Feb 19 2002
ND MArch 08 2002
FP Nov 23 2002
Still waiting................
LIN-02-128-xxxx

FP Notice not yet updated for me but updated for wife, I did my FP almost 10 months back
my still says
"Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on .......... "

Anybody WHOSE FP not yet updated?????

Plinky: Just curious, did you file alone or with your spouse? If with spouse, does the spouse normally get a RFE, too? Thanks.

Frust.....

I filed alone. My Spouse is in a different visa.

I think, if you are the primary applicant, the RFE maybe for:
Current Employment letter
Birth certificate, Marriage Certificate or Non Availability
Medical
Legal Status since the end of H1
etc.
The spouse may get all of the above except Employment based.

I did notice that rsinha's RFE and my RFE are Employment based. If the RFE is only employment based for the primary applicant, I do not see a reason why the Spouse should get it.
But then it is upto BCIS! :rolleyes:

Thanks plinky. One of my friend who filed in April 2002 to Texas center got approved 6-mon afterwards. (Isn't it amazing? she almost threw the envelope with the approval notice away, guess she thought the piece of paper she has been longing for so much should look much nicer..) But, she got an RFE for her husband who is the dependant, to show he maintained his status during heis stay here. She just recopied all the F-2, H-4 visas/forms and submitted again and got approved. (she didnot have a lawyer)

I wonder whetehr us NSCers would see something like that...

Sorry to get carried away...

FP Validity

Anyone know how long the FP is valid and what should one do if it expires? Myne was done on June 15 2002 and waiting for 485 aproval with notice date of 1/8/2002...

Thank you

Re: FP Validity

Originally posted by intuse01
Anyone know how long the FP is valid and what should one do if it expires? Myne was done on June 15 2002 and waiting for 485 aproval with notice date of 1/8/2002...

Thank you

FP is valid for 15 months. BCIS will send a FP notice/RFE if required. You dont have to do anything before that (and if you are lucky, they may even approve it without the second FP).

K.S.

Add more frustration, Add another FP - 2nd FP!

Received 2nd FP Notice yesterday. The Appointment is for 9/30/2003.

Does anyone in the chicago area (BCIS Pulaski) done FP, earlier than the appointment date?

Re: Add more frustration, Add another FP - 2nd FP!

Originally posted by Plinky
Received 2nd FP Notice yesterday. The Appointment is for 9/30/2003.

Does anyone in the chicago area (BCIS Pulaski) done FP, earlier than the appointment date?

When was your first FP done? What is your notice date?

-Thanks

RFE and FP notice recd

My RFE was issued on Aug 26th. My lawyer recd it in mail on Sep 5th. I need to send I-94(front and back) copy, all I-797 approval notices, copy of all EADs till date, employment letter, 2 birth affidavits and medicals(I did not take MMR vaccine initially becoz I was pregnant then). Whew...
Also, I recd the second FP notice asking to get the finger prints done btwn Sep 30 and Oct first week.

RD, ND : Jan 10 2002
:) Hope NSC works fast on everyone's case

Padmaj12: did you receive your FP notice at the same time as you received RFE or it was a separate notice? How far apart are these two? looks like your RFE is a tedious one...Thanks!!

padmaja12, I have a question

on your medical rfe:

My wife also skipped mmr due to pregnancy issues. But the surgeon said that is not a problem and checked on the forms that everything was under "complete" box and did not mention that it was 'pregnancy' or anything anywhere. But on the supplement form (white form) he checked on three boxes under mumps, ruebella, measles in the column that says "contradiction." He was saying INS doesn't worry about "contractions" checked but only front form needs to be checked "complete."
I still think that INS can query on the contradictions.

How was your filled out in your case? How was it mentioned? did he write anything to reveal not taken due to pregnancy etc? Does the doctor include a cover letter with explanation or he sends only two pages completed forms to the INS in the sealed envelop?

Thanks for you response on this.
- Ghee

frust and ghee

frust - The RFE and FP notice were sent separately. RFE was issued on Aug 26th. I got the FP notice on Sep 9th asking me and my husband to appear btwn Sep 30th and Oct 7th. So I am guessing they must have sent it out on Sep 5th.

ghee - On the form I-693, the doctor had initally checked the box that says 'Applicant is not current for recommended age-specific immunization' and in the Remarks sections, he had mentioned that 'as pregnant now, MMR needs to be taken after delivery'. I guess that triggered the medical RFE. On the supplement form, the earlier doctor had written 'pregnant, not eligible' for mumps, ruebella and measles and for tetanus he had indicated supply shortage (in Dec 2001 when I did my medicals there was a shortage of tetanus vaccine). I went back to the same facility yesterday, and the doctor there (he was a different doctor) went thru the sealed envelope and said I needed to take the MMR and tetanus shots for him to sign off, so I took both the shots yesterday.
He filled out a new supplement form and checked all the things right. On the same main form I-693 he checked the box that says 'Applicant is current for recommended age-specific immunizations.' and signed and dated right next to it. I am thinking that the sealed envelope that they gave me contains the I-693 along with the supplement form and the two hospital slips that show that I have taken the two shots.
I think your wife might not even receive an RFE for medicals if the doctor had not specifically mentioned that she is pregnant and needs to get some shots later.
Good luck on your cases.

thanks

RFE - Yet to receive the details

Hi All,
I have been a silent visitor. Mine and my wife's online message changed to "On September 15, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case". This is the first time the online message changed. Will post the details of the RFE once I receive the paper copy.

Thanks
Potheris

EB3 - IL
PD - July 1998
RD - Jan 7 2002
ND - Jan 10 th 2002

Online status error

I am getting the following message from last friday on my case.
I checked the Telephone message yesterday and it still says the good old message, ... Anyone able to check online???

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283