2 weeks still no decision

eslamgamalus

Registered Users (C)
was interviewed on oct 18 2010
everything went fine and the io told me that he have good news and bad news for me
the good news was that i passed the tests
the bad news was he said he cant make me a citizen today and the reason was when i came to the us i had tourist visa and my name in my old expired passport is not the same on the green card so he said when i filed n400 the FBI only checked the records and name check on the green card name but they didnt check the old name in the old passport since i didnt write it in the application
so he told me it will take them 2 weeks to 2 month to check the old name and he told me once my old name is cleared by the FBI he will approve my case and send me the oath letter in the mail does this sound right i need you help please?
thanks everybody

what do i do any advice waiting is the only option but it kills me its so stressful to just sit and wait for whats next:mad:.
i posted my interview story in an earlier thread
the n 652 said you have passed the english and civics and that uscis will send me awritten notice in the mail thats all anybody with exprince plz respond

Last edited by a moderator:
without reading your old thread, 2 weeks is nothing. many a times, it takes 2 weeks to get oath letter for case which was recommended for approval on the spot. USCIS legally has 120 days to render a decision, but wait another 2-3 weeks before you get worried.

19 months. You should be suing them!!
---------------------------------
If I want I can sue them but I want to know how long it will take to decide without sue them. I am keeping in touch with them regularly and I have some positive news which I gonna post soon. Thank you for your advice.

19 months. You should be suing them!!
---------------------------------
If I want I can sue them but I want to know how long it will take to decide without sue them. I am keeping in touch with them regularly and I have some positive news which I gonna post soon. Thank you for your advice.

If it's already 19 months since interview, that gives you an indication of how much longer it can take. USCIS will give you false hopes. If you sue then, you'll get your decision within 1-2 months of filing suit.

I actually just spoke to an IO after 90 days of no decision and he said threatening to sue will be like pouring vinegar into a wound. That sounded quite vindictive, if you ask me. I guess CIS will try to discourage lawsuits. He said using honey (service request) would be better, haha. Punk.

Thank you Bobsmith, but the thing is I don't want to sue a federal agency and I am trying to solve the problem without sue them.

Thank you Bobsmith, but the thing is I don't want to sue a federal agency and I am trying to solve the problem without sue them.

Just be prepared to wait longer. There's nothing wrong with suing them and there are no reprisals in doing so.

I actually just spoke to an IO after 90 days of no decision and he said threatening to sue will be like pouring vinegar into a wound. That sounded quite vindictive, if you ask me. I guess CIS will try to discourage lawsuits. He said using honey (service request) would be better, haha. Punk.
Just a way to scare you. USCIS can't purposely deny your case if you decide to sue them.

guys i need help i filed my n 400 on june 11 2010 and on november 11 2010 it should have been 5 month since the day i filed it.
as i was on the uscis website it says my newark field office has an average of 5 month to proscess the case ,
well it has been more thean 5 month now and still nothing so i called yesterday and spoke to the customer service person she was so rude and told me that they are still processing cases form april ................
how the heck they said its only 5 month and when i told her she acted like if i was from a diffrent planet so i counted to her and she still couldnt give me an answer
why do they lie why dnt they just say on their website that it may be take 5 month and maybe NOT instead of stressing us out jeez

I understand you are frustrated, and I am saying this without checking the field office website ... AVERAGE does not mean guarantee. If the average is 5 months, you have even chance that your case will take longer than 5 months. It also does not mean that most of the cases will be done in 6 months ... which sounds intuitive because if it takes 5 months on average, with a little over-run here and there, they must be closing all cases in 6 months.

No, average is just a meaningless statistic. If they say the average is 5 months, you should expect a typical case to take not less than 4 months, and not more than 8 months ... yes I am being liberal on the higher limit because if a case goes off track, it is easy to lose 1-2 months without someone noticing.

[EDIT: point was that is unlikely they are lying. They will get caught in an audit.]

how the heck they said its only 5 month and when i told her she acted like if i was from a diffrent planet so i counted to her and she still couldnt give me an answer
why do they lie why dnt they just say on their website that it may be take 5 month and maybe NOT instead of stressing us out jeez

The reason they told you April is that on the USCIS website,it states the 5 month processing time is as of August 31, 2010. So counting 5 months back from August 31 gives you ~April 1.

Keep in mind that USCIS has up to 120 days after interview to adjudicate you case, regardless of the posted 5 month overall processing time. In the mean time, inquire about your case every 30 days to determine the status of your case.

guys i need help i filed my n 400 on june 11 2010 and on november 11 2010 it should have been 5 month since the day i filed it.
as i was on the uscis website it says my newark field office has an average of 5 month to proscess the case ,
well it has been more thean 5 month now and still nothing so i called yesterday and spoke to the customer service person she was so rude and told me that they are still processing cases form april ................

You are correct that November 11th would be five months after June 11th. And indeed, as per the instructions given by the USCIS itself you should be contacting them if your case takes more than the processing time posted for the field office which is dealing with your case. If they say that field office takes 5 months, then, as per the USCIS instructions, you should contact the USCIS. Whether or not they are processing cases from April is neither here nor there. The USCIS says if your case is over the posted processing time, you can contact them to inquire about what is going on. So I don't know what the CSR was talking about. However, one thing I learned after calling the USCIS about my case is that a) they give themselves 90 days after the actual date of your interview before considering that your case is out of the processing time b) if they asked for any additional evidence after your interview, they give themselves 60 days after you respond to the request. I checked all the forms I filled and the instructions I got from the USCIS after I talked to their CSR and nowhere found mention of these two rules. (I'm not disputing that these rules exist. It is just that the applicants discover them after the fact.)

In my case the 5 month date would have occurred on November 3rd or so. However, my interview was scheduled such that the 90-day post-interview deadline falls towards the end of November, so the 5 month figure is moot. The CSR told me that if my case is not decided by the 90-day post-interview deadline, then I should inquire.

Note that all these deadlines above are those which the USCIS sets for itself. They are under no obligation to adhere to these deadlines. They are all soft deadlines.

The only deadline which is of consequence for the USCIS is the 120-day post-interview deadline Bobsmyth talked about. If they blow this one, you can file in court to have the court adjudicate your case on the spot or (more probably) send your case back to the USCIS but with a hard deadline to produce a final decision.

5 weeks now
looks like am gonna have to wait the 120 days fully and even if i did only god knows if i will get it by then