17 years without GK and counting

Nothing new. I will look up congressman in my district and try to contact him/her. Otherwise have to clue what I can do more.

Extensive travel is not a valid basis to deny an I-485. Visiting your country of nationality is. But when they do that they usually also move to terminate your underlying asylum status.

If you had a mandamus action filed against the USCIS. Your best bet right now is to re-open that federal case. Or just give the assistant U.S. attorney a call making noise about suing them again.

Did they tell you that you were found eligible for NACARA or you could just apply for it? As a Soviet national you did not get the benefit of the presumption of hardship.

I court in March 1999 I was asked by a judge what type of relieve I would choose. As I have said my choice was an asylum. NACARA option is still open for me, but once again, I have to prove to whoever will consider my application 1. Good moral character. 2. Continuous living in US since DEC 1990 2. Extreme hardship in case I have to move back in my original country. I have no problem to prove first two points, but extreme hardship more complicated as I have no US citizen depending on me. Back in 1999 I had presented to a judge existing medical conditions report and doctor’s opinion about necessary treatment or operation. If I have to prove the same point one more time today, it will be more difficult because in past years since 1999 I failed to start actual treatment or performed operation. Total estimate for my cure was in area of 100K and I just could not afford it for now.
Also if I start NACARA now I will be PR since actual date of approval. If my AOS gets through asylum I should be market as PR from Jan 2007. Anyone ever heard about cases backdated more than a year for any reason?

Yesterday I set up an appointment in congressman’s office for today. One hour later I checked email box and found my status update email.
“On May 31, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.”
Hope it all over. I cancel appointment.

I still contemplate an idea to found a way to adjust my date of the beginning of LPR status. Not like I feel I am entitled to, nobody owns me anything. Just hoping to get lucky one more time to keep luckiness ratio little bit higher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I set up an appointment in congressman’s office for today. One hour later I checked email box and found my status update email.
“On May 31, 2008, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.”
Hope it all over. I cancel appointment.

Either your story is entirely fake or you got really lucky. I am really confused because all you have said...none of it has made sense.

Thanks for asking without making me to prove I am not a fake. As Thankful pointed I should got both types of relieves - NACARA and PA in Apr 1999 in court as the judge find me eligible for both. Next my step will be looking for some precedents, if there were any. In my opinion I have a case, but it is only my opinion, no more, no less.

Thanks for asking without making me to prove I am not a fake. As Thankful pointed I should got both types of relieves - NACARA and PA in Apr 1999 in court as the judge find me eligible for both. Next my step will be looking for some precedents, if there were any. In my opinion I have a case, but it is only my opinion, no more, no less.

I very much doubt that you have such a case. However you are welcome to try and there is no downside to trying excepting for wasted time and money.

In your opinion should the judge just to state at the trial that I awarded both types of relieves simultaneously? I was asked specifically which one I will choose.

In your opinion should the judge just to state at the trial that I awarded both types of relieves simultaneously? I was asked specifically which one I will choose.

I am responding off the top of my head from a mobile device without access to my library of immigration law books. If my memory serves then yes you should have been permitted to apply for both. If you qualifed you could have received both asylum and lpr status.

If your answer is yes to my question does it mean the judge made a mistake, not just my lawyer who should had asked for both types of relieves before court? Maybe this can give me some grounds for my hope?

If your answer is yes to my question does it mean the judge made a mistake, not just my lawyer who should had asked for both types of relieves before court? Maybe this can give me some grounds for my hope?

both made a mistake, I think. But I do not see how this can allow you to get you are seeking now.

May I ask you or anybody who would not consider me as a fake to give some thoughts on a subject? Discussion here already has me to put all my thoughts together and set up an appointment in congressman’s office. Although the progress was made without representative’s intervention , but maybe there are some less convention ways to correct a mistake made in Apr 1999? I really appreciate any suggestions. How’s difficult to obtain an actual court transcript?

RedBull,

U got your green card approved, what more do you want. There are some people who are still waiting for their approval. Let it go and enjoy your LPR