140-NVC-StLouis-Consulate Tracker Part 3

My Packet3 created on apr 29 did not receive yet

Spoke to NVC first the lady said that they sent out packet3 to the lawyer and did not receive back from them, when I said that we did not receive packet3 yet, the lady asked me to wait and checked something and said they sent out last week and lawyer will receive it soon. I asked her when they sent out she said cannot give the exact date but did sent out sometime last week.

Thanks a ton svj, watchTSC. That makes me feel a lot better. I will be sure to take

the employment letter from company and last 4-8 pay stubs until June 30 . My only wory was what if they ask for recent pay stubs. As you say , I can explain that I left US early July itself.

svj, it took 21 days for my pkt 3 to reach NVC from STL. You can check my post

above in this thread. Mine was sent to St L : 04/16 and NVC got it only on May 7 , after 21 days .
So you can exoect 21 days max.

No Title

Dont want to rain on your parade, but aren\'t you taking a risk by going for an interview when you have *already* been laid off ? You need to sign paperwork that states that you will return to work for the sponsor. All it takes is one enemy of yours to inform the consulate of your plans.

I realise that its frustrating, but why dont you get some expert legal opinion and think about switching to AOS ? In your situtation, AC-21 will give you the legal coverage you need. You (and your company) shouldn\'t be taking this so lightly..

I apologize if I have ruffled your feathers :)

p3 received

Printed on 5/6. Stamp on envelope is 5/8.Should receive on 5/11, but no delivery on Saturday. Actually, the operator won\'t know if the p3 has been sent out. No such record on their system. The record only shows "p3 will print/send this week". The generated date the operators told us is the date the message is shown on their system.
I believe all letters will be stamped by the post office two days after it is printed. Two letters from NVC are the same.

word of caution

I agree with Moulin. Is this a desi consulting outfit ( by any name) run by desis? Usually, american owned/operated companies would want to play by rules for their own safety and for the lack of anything requiring them to do anything otherwise, and would probably not agree wit give you a letter of employment after you are laid off.

If this is a desi outfit, why are they eager to lay you off, they can place you on unpaid leave, right? It says in the Hi discussions on lawyer sites that they need not pay an H1 guy if he/she is taking unpaid leave for india trips, visiting(touristily) US, etc, caring for a spouse, whatnot.

So, unless you know the boss very very well, (and know his/her parents and loved ones and where they live etc in India :) - that close ) be very cautious about trusting such promises ( about giving letter etc) In the ISN bulletinboard there was the story of a guy (actualposting in first person) who went to INdia on CP, after a few months on bench, and the employer informed the consulate that he had been laid off while he was in India, and thus he was denied GC, H1 cancelled with prejudice etc - Also, know that if so rejected, you will find it very hard to get even an NIV later on since you have already shown your intent to immigrate by this application. Worse, it will even save your employer the dough to fly you back home if he lays you off in US.

I did nto say this to scare you or make you paranoid, but just to make sure that you should not trust someone who is telling you they woudl bend rules for you that wasily. This is US, and their business practice doesnot allow for any such favours, so please be very careful.

CP gurus urgent help needed.

Got Packet3 today ready to mail them tommorow.
My Lawyer said she will mail part1 of 230 and g 28 and the fee, is there anything that is required to be sent apart from those three.
She said there is no place to put Indian address must contact madras embassy and give them the information later is that true to get packet4 and interview date, if not where should we put indian address.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks for your input sfriends. I appreciate it. I spoke at length about this with my lawyer.

He suggested that if my company(not a desi one) agreed to keep me on their rolls until I came back then I could go for CP. When I asked him how exactly this could be done, he suggested that one way is to go on vacation with no pay which is generally not a problem to companies. My company did allow one person to go on extended vacation last year until he came back from CP in Canada so I hope they would consider mine too.
Anyway, I will discuss this matter only when I am affected.

Same situation here...

I called NVC and got AVM. The message has changed saying that my P3 was sent out on April 29 to my lawyer. (It didn\'t say the date before.) I talked to my lawyer yesterday and she said they haven\'t received it yet. So, it\'s been 2 weeks since the packet was sent out. The message also said that if I haven\'t received it yet, I need to let them know by writing. Has anyone done this before?

Also, my company has received a letter from NVC saying that my case has been forwarded to consulate. This letter is dated May 3.

Is it possible that my P3 has got lost in mail??

mitsy

I\'d suggest that you do nothing right now. By asking a new P3 you could be routed through St. Louis. It is not uncommon for P3 to take up to 3 weeks. Reason, the mail center some times has a back log. Check out the cptracker.com to see the average time difference from P3 mailed to P3 received.
My 2c worth.
BTW, I have sent my P3 to Sydney and am awaiting my interview date.

G-28 is authorization to represent as attorney. Some..

Some lawyer just sign that once for all GC process & some do that for each phase individually.
This has to be signed by attorney & you.

Thanks for your input!

brb,

That\'s a good point. Although I had received a letter from NVC saying that my case has been forwarded to consulate, there is a chance that if they print a new one, it wil be under the new procedure and I have to go through STL, isn\'t it? I will try to be little patient here and wait for P3 to arrive...hopefully sometime this week.

Thank you for your input as always. When are you planning to have an interview? I wanted to have it sometime in July or August. I wonder if it\'s even possible at this point. Yet I have no idea how do they do the scheduling so I\'m gonna just sent mine out as soon as I receive it.

Thanks watchTSC

Yes... I remember they taking my sign on some such paper.
I was not knowing that has got this G-28 number!!
Thanks for the clarification

WhiteRose, BlessMeGC, subbu55 did you checked your status at NVC???

whether your case has reached or not?

NVC requiring marriage certificate for case review?

My attorney says NVC is now requiring marriage certificate for case review. Is this if there is a name change after I-140 approved? or if the last name is different from spouse on passport? Anybody else heard anything about this or got an RFE for this?