140/485 Approved via pilot proam at CSC

Folks at the application support center(ASC) told me that FBI rejected my 1st FP because their machines could not read the prints clearly. So I had to do the 2nd time. However there was no problem with my wife's 1st FP.
Starter said:
htamanna,
I thought FP is valid for more than a year. So how come you are doing your 2nd FP already?

Fp?

HTammana - Before you received your 2nd FP notice, did your status get updated with 'FP results received, processing has restarted in your case' type of status? I am trying to ficure out if they received my FP correctly or I might also get another call.

Thanks
FB
---------------------------------------------------
Substitute labor - EB2 - CSC
I140, 485, EAD, AP - RD: July 9, 2004
I140, 485, EAD, AP - ND: July 14, 2004
FP Appt: Aug 18, 2004
FP Done: Aug 14, 2004
FP result update: Aug 18, 2004
AP Approved: Aug 20, 2004

htammana said:
Folks at the application support center(ASC) told me that FBI rejected my 1st FP because their machines could not read the prints clearly. So I had to do the 2nd time. However there was no problem with my wife's 1st FP.

Getting SS number after getting EAD

My wife got her EAD today. How can she get SS number? Can we do anything to expedite. Please suggest.
Thanks

Same thing happened to me too. Two FP notices with different application numbers. I asked the lawyer, she said it happened a lot. Just go for the first FP appointment and let INS officer know that you are not going to come for the second appointment.

I-140/I-485/AP/EAD - Receipt Date :5/21/04
I-140/I-485/AP/EAD - Notice Date : 5/24/04
FP (done on 7/13/04) - FP results received: 7/16/04
EAD (myself) - Approve Date: 8/19/04 (online status and email)
AP (myself) - Approve Date: 8/16/04 (Received paper 8/19/04)
EAD/AP (spouse) - waiting

Greeny said:
I am in the same boat.

EB3 pure Concurrent filing

I-140/I-485/AP/EAD - Receipt Date : 02 July 2004

First FP notice date : 22 July 2004

EAD approved : 05 August 2004
AP Approved : 03 August 2004

SECOND Finger Printing Notice date : 13 August 2004

When I received my first finger print notice I went to INS support center and requested for rescheduling
since I was going out of the country for 2 weeks. They asked me to come and get my finger print done in early September.
The supervisor made a note on the FP notice. I am yet to go to go for that finger printing.

Meanwhile I received one more FP notice on 13th August with finger print schedule as 1st October 2004.

Surprisingly these two notices have the application number number different.

I noticed the following differences in the 2 notices.

Application number for FIRST FP notice is like FPS*0025xxxxx

Application number for SECOND FP notice is like WAC04195XXXXX

First Notice has a 'PRIORITY DATE'. Second one don't have priority date printed on it.

Though both case type is shown as "Application To Register Permanent Residence Or Adjust Status" ,
first notice don't have a service center printed on it. BUT second one has service center printed as "WSC"

1. Will there be two FP done for I-485 in the process..? ( in 20 days diff)

2. WSC and CSC are same?

3. You Gurus think my application is being processed faster than usual?

4. Is it picked up by Pilot project by any chance?

Please help I am totally confused :(

Thanks
-greeny

Yes, my status was updated to "....processing has resumed in your case......." before I got 2nd FP notice. So thats why I was initially surprised when I got 2nd FP notice. But since FBI rejects it, I guess the USCIS's systems dont get updated. So in conclusion, there is no way to tell everything went right just because your status got updated. I guess the only way to know for sure if the FP look good is by calling FBI (http://www.immihelp.com/gc/aos/fingerprints.html) and/or waiting for I-485 approval.
Frodo_Baggins said:
HTammana - Before you received your 2nd FP notice, did your status get updated with 'FP results received, processing has restarted in your case' type of status? I am trying to ficure out if they received my FP correctly or I might also get another call.

Thanks
FB
---------------------------------------------------
Substitute labor - EB2 - CSC
I140, 485, EAD, AP - RD: July 9, 2004
I140, 485, EAD, AP - ND: July 14, 2004
FP Appt: Aug 18, 2004
FP Done: Aug 14, 2004
FP result update: Aug 18, 2004
AP Approved: Aug 20, 2004

My wife applied for SSN yesterday at Fremont office. It was pretty straight forward. She had to fill a very simple form, show passport and EAD card. Thats it!! They gave her a receipt and told that the SS card will arrive in mail in 2 weeks. But if she wanted the number sooner, she should go to their office after 48 hrs of filing application to get the social number. But the card will arrive only by mail.
Starter said:
My wife got her EAD today. How can she get SS number? Can we do anything to expedite. Please suggest.
Thanks

One more question I am curious about is : Will EAD be cancelled if we get RFE on I485 (say on my birth certificate)

Thanks

EB2. My lawyer made a mistake on the payment at the time of filing. CIS finally received the payment on 7/8/04. I heard that all the processing will be based on the payment date. It is going to be couple of months before they look at my case, even under the current pilot program.

JDW

Greeny said:
Thanks JDW.

Is your case on EB3 or EB2?

Thanks
- greeny

May 2004 Case Approved

Just received USCIS emails saying that the I-485 and I-140 were approved yesterday. However, the spouse's EAD and AP are still waiting. I guess once I-485 is approved, we no longer need EAD and AP anymore.

The approval came three months after the orginal notice date. So they are still working on the pilot program.

Thanks everyone, and good luck to you all!

JDW

EB2-Concurrent filing
EAD (approval notice) - mailed 8/25/04 (email)
I-140 - Approve Date 8/25/04 (email)
I-485 - Approve Date 8/25/04 (email, myself and spouse)

The online status also changed to the same as those in the emails.

Congratulations! JDW.

Congratulations! JDW. What a relief!
Hoping mine is on the way!

JDW said:
Just received USCIS emails saying that the I-485 and I-140 were approved yesterday. However, the spouse's EAD and AP are still waiting. I guess once I-485 is approved, we no longer need EAD and AP anymore.

The approval came three months after the orginal notice date. So they are still working on the pilot program.

Thanks everyone, and good luck to you all!

JDW

EB2-Concurrent filing
EAD (approval notice) - mailed 8/25/04 (email)
I-140 - Approve Date 8/25/04 (email)
I-485 - Approve Date 8/25/04 (email, myself and spouse)

The online status also changed to the same as those in the emails.

CSC pilot prorgam

Under CSC Pilot program does anybody know of any I140/485 approvals of cases where I140 was filed first and 485 filed one/two months after that.(still considered concurrent filing)
This is my case status:
I140 ND april 2nd
485 ND May 28th
EAD approved June 28th
AP approved July 5th
FP done July 17th

No other updates.
Please let me know.

nandpc said:
Pilot is for strictly concurrently filed cases.

nandpc - what you said seems to be true based on the approvals I have seen thru the pilot. However, do we know this for a fact or is it a surmise?

Pilot?

Till Aug10, the avg. wait time for approvals in the pilot program seemed to be about 2 mths. Since Aug. 10 there are no apporvals posted on the board for RD beyond June 10. Any rumours or speculations on whether the pilot program is still active?

New Member Case Details

Logging into this thread for the first time :

Here are my case details :

EB2-Concurrent Filing (WAC04188xxxxx)

I-140/I-485/AP/EAD - RD :6/18/04
I-140/I-485/AP/EAD - ND :6/23/04
FP done on 8/26/04 (2 FP notices received for me, 1 for Spouse)
EAD (Myself and Spouse) - Approve Date: 8/25/04 (Paper not recd. yet)
AP (Myself and Spouse) - Approve Date: 8/13/04 (Paper not recd. yet)

My fp might get rejected by the FBI as I have an allergy on my right hand thumb (the thumb print was not clear) :-(

Have my fingers crossed like everyone else...

Last edited by a moderator:
lift_karadhe said:
nandpc - what you said seems to be true based on the approvals I have seen thru the pilot. However, do we know this for a fact or is it a surmise?

It may not be a fact. However based on data, (i.e recent approvals filed in 2004) cases where 140/485 applied together went into pilot process.

I think I had read this regarding the initial declaration of the start of CSC pilot program. All the cases that have been approved under the pilot reinforce this. They have all been sent in the same envelope.