03/2003 applicant got FP notice on last friday

asylee1999

Registered Users (C)
One of my friend in milwaukee got FP notice. he applied for his I-485 in march, 2003. I am totally confused because i know one person applied in May, 2001 also got FP but i applied in July,2001 and still nothing. Can anyone explain what's going on?????????????????

Looks like BCIS hired some new graduates who are all HIGH and they are processing cases based on who has a cool sounding name..;)

Maybe its just that to get everyone fingerprinted so that the "homeland" can be secured even tighter?? As you know Ashcroft once said that many "terrorists" may file asylum claims so this is their way to make sure asylees are not terrorists...

I got FP notice too yesterday. My I-485 was filed in July 2001. This is pretty surprising, and confusing.

Just received FP notice...

I just got my FP notice in the mail today scheduled for next month (July). My receipt date was also July 2001.

http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nsc110504.html

I found this on http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/nsc110504.html

"Fingerprint notices and I-485 backlog

The center put to practice a nine month delay in the fingerprinting to lessen the problem of fingerprints expiring prior to adjudication of the case last year, but the headquarters recently directed the center to print all adjustment applicants upon filing. Depending upon backlogs in the Application Support Centers, most of those cases will schedule for prints soon after filing, but the major numbers also face delays in scheduling. The center is working towards adjudicating I-485's within six months by the end of FY 06. Hence at some point by the next year, the center should adjudicate most I-485 before the prints expire. Also the center should have promised that prints will be captured and stored, allowing to get new print results without applicants being reprinted. There have been indications that this might be available by the end of this year."

Thats crap. BCIS should just fingerprint applicants whoose greencard is ready to be processed! Whats the point of doing FP over and over and over? OR at least be specific to what they are doing and WHY??

Question on FP

Does anybody knows what documents should bring for FP? I don't have valid passport (my passport had been expired) and is that OK if I just bring my driver license nad working permission card?

Any experience? Thanks a lot.

I think that a valid Driver's License should be enough, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't re-applied for a Employment Authorization Document for the last 2 years. (I'm self-employed, should I apply for renewal of EAD?)

I went with expired passport

I went to do FP this morning with an expired passport and they accepted it right away, no questions asked.

Alex

I got one too....

I filed for I-485 in sep 2001. Just got the FP notice. Don't know what's going on. When can i expect the GC . Any inputs..?

I just got FP for I-485 of Sept. 2001. Schedule is July 21.

I-485 Pending
RD: Sept 20, 2001
ND: Oct. 10, 2001

Anyone later than me in 2001?

Last edited by a moderator: