• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

1) KCC is an administrative body, they do not make the decision wether or not to continue processing a case.
2) I don’t know the specifics of what qualifies for the 2year HRR waiver, I however do know several DV selectees have successfully applied for and obtained the waiver which enabled them to proceed with their DV selection, they successfully completed the process and obtained their GC.

If you still prefer to wait, then wait until maybe February or March before submitting the DS260 in that case, but definitely not June.
thanks for your clarification on the role of KCC. the 2 year HRR usually comes up when the US Federal government sponsors the J1 visa. It is to curb brain drain. For people who had j1 visas without government sponsorship, it is very easy to get the waiver. But that notwithstanding, will do further research before I apply for it.
From your feedback here and that of @SusieQQQ , I think I will submit the DS260 somewhere in January and then lookout for interview date. If the interview date happens to be before June 2022 (i.e. while I am still under the 2 year HRR), I will request the embassy to postpone to a date after my 2 year HRR has expired. Hopefully, the increases my chances of getting my visa approved. What do you think? Sorry for taking so much of your time

thanks for the info. Yes, my J1 had government funding, I didn't realize one could suggest to the consular officer when to issue the visa. This is very helpful.
Was it specifically US government funding? If not then I woild advise you to try for a waiver. Honestly, it seems to be only US funding where there is a problem getting a waiver. There are forums with lots of advice on this if you decide to try.
Technically you would be placed on administrative processing (AP) after the interview until the visa can be issued. (This is the same process that would be used for people who still need to submit documents etc before they can be issued a visa)

thanks for your clarification on the role of KCC. the 2 year HRR usually comes up when the US Federal government sponsors the J1 visa. It is to curb brain drain. For people who had j1 visas without government sponsorship, it is very easy to get the waiver. But that notwithstanding, will do further research before I apply for it.
From your feedback here and that of @SusieQQQ , I think I will submit the DS260 somewhere in January and then lookout for interview date. If the interview date happens to be before June 2022 (i.e. while I am still under the 2 year HRR), I will request the embassy to postpone to a date after my 2 year HRR has expired. Hopefully, the increases my chances of getting my visa approved. What do you think? Sorry for taking so much of your time
No, DON’T request a postponement of the interview, especially at Accra. You may never get another interview date scheduled. Go to the interview as scheduled and if it is too soon, get placed on AP after to await visa issuance for when you will be eligible.

Was it specifically US government funding? If not then I woild advise you to try for a waiver. Honestly, it seems to be only US funding where there is a problem getting a waiver. There are forums with lots of advice on this if you decide to try.
Technically you would be placed on administrative processing (AP) after the interview until the visa can be issued. (This is the same process that would be used for people who still need to submit documents etc before they can be issued a visa)
Yes, it was specifically US funding. I even had to stay extra months because my country was on lockdown. Reason, I am reluctant to apply for the waiver.

No, DON’T request a postponement of the interview, especially at Accra. You may never get another interview date scheduled. Go to the interview as scheduled and if it is too soon, get placed on AP after to await visa issuance for when you will be eligible.
Interesting, how did you know I am from Ghana? Btw, advise well-noted. I will go ahead and apply and hope that I get a good consular officer who will be understanding enough to place me on AP until visa can be issued. It is a bit tricky, but will try. Thanks for the feedback

Interesting, how did you know I am from Ghana? Btw, advise well-noted. I will go ahead and apply and hope that I get a good consular officer who will be understanding enough to place me on AP until visa can be issued. It is a bit tricky, but will try. Thanks for the feedback
Hi All, so I won the DV lottery for 2022 and my case number is around AF38k, but I just returned from the US last year on a J-1 visa. That J1 visa subjects me to a two-year home-country physical presence requirement (212(e). In essence I have to be in my home country for at least two years before I can apply for the green card or any other immigrant visa. By June 2022, I would've been in my home country Ghana for 2 years. How do you advise I proceed? Should I fill out the DS260 and indicate that I am still within the 2 year period (I just realized there is a question on that in the DS260 and I am obligated to respond) or I should fill the DS260 and wait until June 2022 to submit it? Kindly advise.

I know what the 2 year HRR is about and it’s purpose, I was merely alluding to what makes you ineligible in your specific situation in my previous post.

I know what the 2 year HRR is about and it’s purpose, I was merely alluding to what makes you ineligible in your specific situation in my previous post.
My bad. I figured I was ineligible because I was wholly funded by the US govt over my stay in the US on my j1 visa + I think my skillset falls within the list of priority skills for my country i.e. my chances of getting a no objection letter from them is slim.

My bad. I figured I was ineligible because I was wholly funded by the US govt over my stay in the US on my j1 visa + I think my skillset falls within the list of priority skills for my country i.e. my chances of getting a no objection letter from them is slim.
You never know until you try, unless of course you were a Fulbright scholar - those are the ones that rarely get waiver approval AFAIK.

Finally, having spent a little over 6 months in the US, does that mean I need to apply for police clearance from the US and add it to my documents to KCC as part of my DV visa application?

Hi there, one question: would it be reasonable to expect an interview date in October with a case number AF26XX?

Hi there, one question: would it be reasonable to expect an interview date in October with a case number AF26XX?
November historically might be a better target. Also, what is reasonable in a normal year is subject to a lot of ”ifs“ now. IF your documents are all processed in time (meaning latest by around 2 months before the start of the interview month) and IF your embassy is operating at decent capacity and very importantly IF it has allocated enough DV interview slots for KCC to use... then you could expect an interview in October or November, as soon as you are current.

Last edited:
hello to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon and all other members that can help me
I have a question, my case number is 2021as00018xxx ,and I am from Iran ,kcc asked for my documents and I sent my documents about 6 weeks ago there is no answer or interview appointment after this time passed.
I choose us.embassy of Ankara for my interview ,the embassy said we don't accept dv lottery selectee due to corona virus and they said that we are very busy
june 2021 visa bulletin iran is 6400
so what should I do?
is it possible to change my embassy?
any suggestion or guidance?
thanks so much

hello to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon and all other members that can help me
I have a question, my case number is 2021as00018xxx ,and I am from Iran ,kcc asked for my documents and I sent my documents about 6 weeks ago there is no answer or interview appointment after this time passed.
I choose us.embassy of Ankara for my interview ,the embassy said we don't accept dv lottery selectee due to corona virus and they said that we are very busy
june 2021 visa bulletin iran is 6400
so what should I do?
is it possible to change my embassy?
any suggestion or guidance?
thanks so much
Don’t post the same question over several threads (especially threads unrelated to your case) all over the forum, this is considered spamming! Just post once and wait patiently for a response.

@Sm1smom
Hello again,

It's been a week that I've sent an Email to KCC for unlocking my DS-260.
my question is: Can I send my docs to Kcc before editing the Ds-260 form, and actually before they ask for the documents?
And how long does it take for KCC to unlock my form?
(I'm 2022AS1xxxx)

@Sm1smom
Hello again,

It's been a week that I've sent an Email to KCC for unlocking my DS-260.
my question is: Can I send my docs to Kcc before editing the Ds-260 form, and actually before they ask for the documents?
And how long does it take for KCC to unlock my form?
(I'm 2022AS1xxxx)
1. Yes you can.
2. It could be a couple of days or weeks. KCC is quite backlogged, they’re playing catch-up at the moment. Again, your AS10XXX CN is not going to be current for a while so be patient.