• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Use “space” to replace the dash ad in “Al Bakery”
Thanks a lot for your reply.

Please I have another question regarding filling my family information for my father and mother

I have to put their surnames and given names as mentioned in my passport or as mentioned in my birth certificate? As both are not the same

My name in in passport is (Ahmed Yasseen Yousif Al-Bakery)

My name in birth certificate is (Ahmed Yasseen Yousif)

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Please I have another question regarding filling my family information for my father and mother

I have to put their surnames and given names as mentioned in my passport or as mentioned in my birth certificate? As both are not the same

My name in in passport is (Ahmed Yasseen Yousif Al-Bakery)

My name in birth certificate is (Ahmed Yasseen Yousif)

Thanks a lot

For your family information you will have to use the name written on their passports, whatever that may be.

Hi all,

I'm currently having problem obtaining China police certificate because there's still travel restriction from their government. And I don't have any contact in China anymore because it has been a long time.

FYI I managed to get police certificate from Singapore police because they have their own online system to do that.

What do you think the best course of action at this point? Would KCC allow an exemption considering the current Covid situation?

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested, there was a zoom meeting last night with the lawyers that worked in the DV2020 lawsuit and that have started working on a DV2021 as well. They said they expect for a TRO within the next weeks/January (January was the most conservative expectation) and that they feel they have good chances.
They also mentioned these lawsuits might help Biden get rid of these bans as it will allow them to do so without getting in a lot of political mud and/or they might not even fight them because that'd mean wasting their lawyers time when they have better things to do. They also mentioned that they are trying to work around the Schengen ban, this one is the most complicated to remove and they expect the new administration to be working with the CDC on how to do this so they won't challenge the legality of the ban itself but bring up the possibility of having the visas issued and then quarantine in another country for 14 days before entering the US.

In case anyone is interested, there was a zoom meeting last night with the lawyers that worked in the DV2020 lawsuit and that have started working on a DV2021 as well. They said they expect for a TRO within the next weeks/January (January was the most conservative expectation) and that they feel they have good chances.
They also mentioned these lawsuits might help Biden get rid of these bans as it will allow them to do so without getting in a lot of political mud and/or they might not even fight them because that'd mean wasting their lawyers time when they have better things to do. They also mentioned that they are trying to work around the Schengen ban, this one is the most complicated to remove and they expect the new administration to be working with the CDC on how to do this so they won't challenge the legality of the ban itself but bring up the possibility of having the visas issued and then quarantine in another country for 14 days before entering the US.

Would have love to have known about this before the meeting took place. Where did you know about it? is there a recording of it? are there any more of these zoom meetings scheduled in the near future?

Would have love to have known about this before the meeting took place. Where did you know about it? is there a recording of it? are there any more of these zoom meetings scheduled in the near future?
He is probably talking about the lawsuit held by Charles Kuck and his team.
Plaintiffs can receive their reports or zoom invitation by email regularly

It seems like CP is on progress, the document from travel state shows 2021 Oct has already issued several DV visa out of the United States.

I have no idea why I can not use the hyperlink function, please copy the link and paste to the browser by yourself and check it out.

travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/OCTOBER%202020%20-%20IV%20Issuances%20by%20Post%20and%20Visa%20Class.pdf

I saw it on Twitter right as it was starting and I jumped in on it, I think it was recorded though. they are trying to get it certified as a class-action thingy so we all can benefit from the outcome

It seems like CP is on progress, the document from travel state shows 2021 Oct has already issued several DV visa out of the United States.

I have no idea why I can not use the hyperlink function, please copy the link and paste to the browser by yourself and check it out.

travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/MonthlyIVIssuances/OCTOBER%202020%20-%20IV%20Issuances%20by%20Post%20and%20Visa%20Class.pdf
Probably because of a National Interest Exception as there's only 4?

are you sure it's a CP process and not a AOS process

I
They also mentioned these lawsuits might help Biden get rid of these bans as it will allow them to do so without getting in a lot of political mud .
I don’t understand this sentence. Why would Biden face any political “mud” overturning the bans? All he needs to do is reverse the entire EO, he’s already said he plans to do that with a bunch of Trump EOs including immigration ones.

are you sure it's a CP process and not a AOS
Yes, look at the title of the document, it’s issuance by post. It is more than 4 but still very few (on a quick skim I counted 17 (including derivatives), I may have missed one or two). I would assume they are selectees who fall under the exceptions given the very low number of issuances.

I don’t understand this sentence. Why would Biden face any political “mud” overturning the bans? All he needs to do is reverse the entire EO, he’s already said he plans to do that with a bunch of Trump EOs including immigration ones.
I am not quite sure, I think they were referring to the Schengen ban for the most part with this one. Just that, in general, the lawsuits would help the new administration get rid of them in a more easy way?
Biden has mentioned the muslin ban and DACA but no word on this ban or Schengen, that's what I am concerned about mostly. If at least the visas could be issued even if we have to go to like Canada to quarantine, that would be perfect.

DV1 only 4 in that document, the rest are derivatives
No, Budapest alone had 5 DV1. Anyway whatever you want to get specific over numbers, it doesn’t make a difference if it’s 4, 24 or even 40. It is clearly something particular to a handful of cases.

Last edited:
No, Budapest alone had 5 DV1. Anyway whatever you want to get specific over numbers, it doesn’t make a difference if it’s 4, 24 or even 40. It is clearly something particular to a handful of cases.
Yes, so like I raid it could be a NIE right?

According to the lawyers in this suit, he has said he will rescind the "muslin" ban, but he hasn't said anything about the "unemployment" ban (sorry I don't know the EO numbers). That's probably at least in part because it's set to expire before he takes office. But the lawyers think that Trump will extend it, and their thinking is that the new administration will then prefer to let the court overturn it rather than face questions about the impact it has on US workers. You never know though - maybe the opposite will happen and Biden will see it as something he can take credit for.