Has any asylee invited his Parents or Relatives to US?

SINNERSROOM

Registered Users (C)
as far as i know u can bring your kids under 21 and your wife.
I just wanna know experiences about visitor visas,refugee status for asylees parents ,brothers,friends . Immigration lawyer told me that if you are jewish there is a special law where your relatives might be granted refugee status in USA. Has anyone invited parents ? please share your experience ;) Most immigrants think US consular denies visa if they find out there is a relative in US.what paperwork should i send to embassy in order for my relatives to obtain a visa(tourist,or visitor,)? friend of mine principal asylee from X-Soviet republic his wife was pregnant and he invited his 50 years old mother to see his grandson. US consular denied her visitor visa.but they granted visa for his mother in law :confused: and and i know another principal asylee whose father works for UN and his father comes to US whenever he wants cause he has UN passport.
i dont see any logic here. would anything change in positive way if i get Greencard soon?

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister got tourist visa

I invited my sister to visit me, even before I got GC, and she got multiple entry visa for 3 years.

I just sent her a letter to take with her to American consulate in which I told them that I'm inviting her to visit me for a couple of weeks, a copy of my last paycheck, and a bank statement. I didn't sign any affidavite of support or anything like that.

Alex

Alex_e38 said:
I invited my sister to visit me, even before I got GC, and she got multiple entry visa for 3 years.

I just sent her a letter to take with her to American consulate in which I told them that I'm inviting her to visit me for a couple of weeks, a copy of my last paycheck, and a bank statement. I didn't sign any affidavite of support or anything like that.

Alex

Alex,

Did you mention in the letter that you have asylee status?

SINNERSROOM said:
as far as i know u can bring your kids under 21 and your wife.
I just wanna know experiences about visitor visas,refugee status for asylees parents ,brothers,friends . Immigration lawyer told me that if you are jewish there is a special law where your relatives might be granted refugee status in USA. Has anyone invited parents ? please share your experience ;) Most immigrants think US consular denies visa if they find out there is a relative in US.what paperwork should i send to embassy in order for my relatives to obtain a visa(tourist,or visitor,)? friend of mine principal asylee from china his wife was pregnant and he invited his 50 years old mother to see his grandson. US consular denied her visitor visa.but they granted visa for his mother in law :confused: and and i know another principal asylee whose father works for UN and his father comes to US whenever he wants cause he has UN passport.
i dont see any logic here. would anything change in positive way if i get Greencard soon?

Your parents need to prove that they have ties to your home country. A house or a job or something that makes U.S consulate think that they will return. For U.S consulate, every visa applicant has the intention to not come back..you just need to prove that your parents will come back.

It doesn't matter if you are an asylee. IF you were a USC it would be nice to write it but I wouldn't bother writing your status in the country. Just write an invitation letter and that should do it like Alex did.

It also helps if your parents have travelled to other western countries.
Like for instance to Germany and come back or London etc.

I did mention asylum

I did specify that i got asylum and at the time I was in adjustment process.

Your status is irelevant, the most important thing is that the person applying for visa convinces the officers that he/she will return back on time. This is doen by presenting enough reasonable evidence like stable job, family, school, property, etc.

Alex

I invited my parents to visit me, and I showed my asylum status last month. But they were rejected because of my status. I think it depend on where? who? and when?

Yes you can invite them to visit. Getting a visa is really crapshoot. It depends on their luck.

Getting a visa in mainland China is very hard b/c history shows that most Chinese nationals do not go back (in spite of all the talk about China being the next superpower :p :p ).

My parents were denied their visa at the U.S. embassy because of my status. They have strong ties to their country, jobs at professional level. When they told the consular officer that I was an asylee, he denied their application and told them that they wanted to come here and apply for asylum too.

Just a bunch of crap, but basically they can deny you for anything, you income, ties to your country, or the color of your shoes. Anything goes..

I'd recommend an affidavit of support, congressional letter of support, your last 2-3 paystubs, and a bank statement. But the really important stuff is THEIR paperwork, not yours.

Affidavit Of Support

I invited my mother in low to come to visit me while I was asylee, and they gave her a 10 years visa. She visited me last year. Here is the exact invitation I sent to her. I hope that would help.
" JOE FARYEU
501 Six Corner Dr
Wheeling, Florida 45256
Phone # (321)-***-****

March 14th, 2006

Consulate of the United States of America
Paris, France

Affidavit of Support

To whom it may concern

I, JOE FARYEU, SS #***-**-****, resident of the state of Florida, born on 01-01-1965, and residing at 501 Six Corner Dr. Wheeling, Florida 45256, attest that I fully take the responsibility of accommodating my mother, Karla Faryeu, passport number R526565, while on her visit to the United States. This responsibility includes but not limited to food, lodging and transportation.
I am signing this affidavit to ensure awareness of all the responsibility this visit might entitle.
I also hereby, understand that all the information stated above are true to my knowledge, and that I assume the total responsibility if otherwise.

Signature

More

I forgot to mention that I didn't send her anything but the invitation. You can also mention your A# in the invitation but not your status.

thankful said:
Yes you can invite them to visit. Getting a visa is really crapshoot. It depends on their luck.

Getting a visa in mainland China is very hard b/c history shows that most Chinese nationals do not go back (in spite of all the talk about China being the next superpower :p :p ).

Thankful - please refrain in the future from making such unsubstantiated statement.

Like visitors from many other countries, some Chinese stay, and many more visit and go back home. As China is getting richer, more people just want to visit and go back home.

As rich as America is, we all know that it is not easy to survive here without proper education and the language skills. My uncle visited my on a business trip, and he had no intention to stay here.

Not many Chinese would choose to work in the restaurants washing dishes in a foreign country. And I'm sure Chinese only makes up a tiny proportion of illegal aliens in this country. Asians in total make up less than 4% of US population.

Again, please remain silent when you have nothing decent to say.

thankful said:

I totally agreed with Pvlaca,
thankful, you have no right to talk about China & Chinese like this way,
So shut up and go back to your country!!!
China is the most powerful country except U.S.A.
BTW, where you come from??? I'm sure you are come from a small & poor
country!!!

casaca said:
QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha--you made my day. :p :p :p :p

For your information, China is a poor, sick and aggressive country that poses a threat to the security of the entire Asia-Pacific region. It is ruled by a government that indoctrinates its people mercilessly. It is no different from Nazi Germany.

My heart goes out to the people of China who make Herculean sacrifices to leave their sick homeland. Like the 60 Chinese nationals who died trying to get into Dover, England a few years back. No wonder that the Chinese file so many asylum requests. I was one of them.

The Chinese Communist Party is the most evil entity ever known to men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comcast:

Please don't extend your heart - people in China don't need it. Most of them are probably more educated and richer than you are, so save your pity on yourselve.

Your post showed that you probably have never been to China, and were irrationally paranoid. Another possiblity is that you are simply an idiot.

PVLACA

pvlaca said:
Comcast:

Please don't extend your heart - people in China don't need it. Most of them are probably more educated and richer than you are, so save your pity on yourselve.

Your post showed that you probably have never been to China, and were irrationally paranoid. Another possiblity is that you are simply an idiot.

PVLACA

I saw a lot of Foochow cases in the court in NY, which take about 60% of the caseload in NY- those poor people are forcibly sterilized by the government. It is all documented by the State Department report. They come here with the help of 'snakeheads' who either take them across the mountains or by boats where they are almost starved to death. They end up owing about 30,000 dollars for the trip and slave in sweatshops in NEw York for many years ahead just to pay back to the snakehead. Those people must be desperate if they are willing to go through this.

Immigration from Foochow, or Fuzhou area has been going on for more than a century - so this is not a new phenomenon.

Many people think that America is paved with gold. But once they have paid up so much money to the snake head and when their passports were confiscated, they really had no other alternative. Gaining asylum seems to be a better solution than to work for the snakeheads for the rest of one's life. It seems that the snakehead is the real culprit here.

casaca said:
I totally agreed with Pvlaca,
thankful, you have no right to talk about China & Chinese like this way,
So shut up and go back to your country!!!
BTW, where you come from??? I'm sure you are come from a small & poor
country!!!

I don't think thankful made any improper statements. I concur with the facts. China is not able to become a superpower until communist party collapes.

Casaca, don't make people laugh at you and remember that you are the one who escaped from the 'super power'. I know we've all been mind washed by the Communist Party culture. But at least we've been in the free country for a while and should gradually get out of shadow.

By the way, I am Chinese and want to let people here know that most of chinese are still rational. The traditional culture teaches us to be generous.

comcast said:
casaca said:
QUOTE]

Ha Ha Ha--you made my day. :p :p :p :p

For your information, China is a poor, sick and aggressive country that poses a threat to the security of the entire Asia-Pacific region. It is ruled by a government that indoctrinates its people mercilessly. It is no different from Nazi Germany.

My heart goes out to the people of China who make Herculean sacrifices to leave their sick homeland. Like the 60 Chinese nationals who died trying to get into Dover, England a few years back. No wonder that the Chinese file so many asylum requests. I was one of them.

The Chinese Communist Party is the most evil entity ever known to men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tell me where you come from then we can compare which country is more great!!! Can you???

14ksusha said:
I saw a lot of Foochow cases in the court in NY, which take about 60% of the caseload in NY- those poor people are forcibly sterilized by the government. It is all documented by the State Department report. They come here with the help of 'snakeheads' who either take them across the mountains or by boats where they are almost starved to death. They end up owing about 30,000 dollars for the trip and slave in sweatshops in NEw York for many years ahead just to pay back to the snakehead. Those people must be desperate if they are willing to go through this.

The church to which my neighbors and I belong provides foster care to unaccompanied Chinese minors who come to this country without a parent. The tales these kids tell are so heart-breaking. Their families have disappeared into the Chinese gulag for being Christians or followers of the Falungong sect (an indigenous quasi religious movement).

The Nazi analogy is overblown, but it does have some applicability. We do feel like people who sheltered children from the Holocaust during the World War II era.

I am a great admirer of the Chinese culture, but China has a murderous government and a sick political system.