EAD/AP (paper based) cover letter and checklist...

I am filing myself mine and my spouse AP renewal . My spouse was on H4 when she returned to USA and at the port of entry, she used AP . H4 is valid till May 2007. I have 3 questions.

1) What should be the class of admission . H4 or AP used ?
----> AOS/AP. Because she used AP.
2) My case transferred from TSC to VSC. Should I send my papers to VSC ?
----> i think file with VSC and on cover letter explain that your I-485 has been transferred from TSC to VSC (attach the copy of transfer notice )

3) Do I need to send H-4 ?
----> attach the copy of H4 if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
hopeofgc, Thanks a lot for a quick reply.

I am filing myself mine and my spouse AP renewal . My spouse was on H4 when she returned to USA and at the port of entry, she used AP . H4 is valid till May 2007. I have 3 questions.

1) What should be the class of admission . H4 or AP used ?
----> AOS/AP. Because she used AP.
----> i think file with TSC and on cover letter explain that your I-485 has been transferred from TSC to VSC (attach the copy of transfer notice )

3) Do I need to send H-4 ?
----> attach the copy of H4 if you want.

EAD Question: Mailing address in Section 3

Situation is this:

I am submitting a renewal EAD application to TSC in the next few days. Current EAD expires 20 Jul 07.

Item 3 asks for address in the US. This is where the new EAD card is sent to. But I may not be at my current address if EAD approval comes through after Mid June as I am most likely moving to another state.

So can I put "c/o" J. Doe, 123 Any Street, Anytown, AB, 12345 USA. This is friends address who I know will not be moving. From what I understand, USPS will not forward EAD cards to a new address when someone used address forwarding.

Anyone with experience in using another address than current one, please advise. My attorney always submitted my Drivers License with previous EAD application. Drivers license shows current address, not the one I am proposing to place in the application form.

Thanks

Azulu

Advance Parole / EAD question

Hi,

My company lawyer is preparing I-140, I-485, AP & EAD docs for concurrent filing. Are the EAD & AP issued only after the approval of I-140?

Please let me know

Thanks
2002NJ-NonRIR

Situation is this:

I am submitting a renewal EAD application to TSC in the next few days. Current EAD expires 20 Jul 07.

Item 3 asks for address in the US. This is where the new EAD card is sent to. But I may not be at my current address if EAD approval comes through after Mid June as I am most likely moving to another state.

So can I put "c/o" J. Doe, 123 Any Street, Anytown, AB, 12345 USA. This is friends address who I know will not be moving. From what I understand, USPS will not forward EAD cards to a new address when someone used address forwarding.

Anyone with experience in using another address than current one, please advise. My attorney always submitted my Drivers License with previous EAD application. Drivers license shows current address, not the one I am proposing to place in the application form.

Thanks

Azulu

This is my opinion (no experience) waiting for others feedback:
1-When you move to new adress you have to change your address with the USCIS within 10 days and every application you are going to submit should have that adress in file
2- If you want to include your friend's adress (I do not think that this is a good idea) you have to be physically in that adress and as I said you should send separate adress change form to the USCIS.
3- The adress in DL is another story, you may change your adress without changing the adress in DL (you have to change with DMV I think within 30 days or so). I do not know how much people change adress without changing adress in DL.
4- The possibility that USPS deliver a letter from the USCIS to an adress you are physically not there is minimal. (my wife EAD was returned because usually she do not receive mails, and the post office people think that she is not there)
Good luck

AP question

Hi
I am planing to apply afresh for my wife's AP as the current AP is approved after she left US, while she was in India. As per the law (which is not very clear) the AP is invalid if the applicant departs US before the approval. When I apply again, it is not going to be a renewal of AP, but a fresh application. Do I need to submit back my current AP? I am planing to apply myself, because the lawyer still says the current AP is valid. But I am not so sure about it. Your reply is highly appreciated.
Thanks
ybnyk

Applying EAD after denied

Hi Gurus,

I need some advice. I am currently on H1B extension (9th year) which expire 18th Aug 2007. My I-140 is approved and I had concurrently filed 485 and EAD/AP in 2004. I got EAD and AP approved in 2004. I wanted to renew my EAD in December 2005, but got RFE-s. I did not respond in time and the EAD applications (for me and wife) were denied. At that time I had H1B and my wife was not looking for work, so I did not take any more action.

Now I want to apply for a EAD for me and my wife. My question is can I do that with the above history? Once an EAD expires can I apply again? And if an EAD that expired got denied during extension can I apply again?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys...

Hi Gurus,

I need some advice. I am currently on H1B extension (9th year) which expire 18th Aug 2007. My I-140 is approved and I had concurrently filed 485 and EAD/AP in 2004. I got EAD and AP approved in 2004. I wanted to renew my EAD in December 2005, but got RFE-s. I did not respond in time and the EAD applications (for me and wife) were denied. At that time I had H1B and my wife was not looking for work, so I did not take any more action.

Now I want to apply for a EAD for me and my wife. My question is can I do that with the above history? Once an EAD expires can I apply again? And if an EAD that expired got denied during extension can I apply again?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys...

100% you can apply again with the above history, you aborted your previous EAD application which has nothing to do with the new one. If your EAD expired even many years ago, and you want to renew it no problem too. The application for EAD and AP depend on pending I-485.

Hi mmed - Thanks a lot for your answer...makes me a lot relieved.
With all the different bills and laws and retrogression and uncertainties, I wanted to have all my options open...

100% you can apply again with the above history, you aborted your previous EAD application which has nothing to do with the new one. If your EAD expired even many years ago, and you want to renew it no problem too. The application for EAD and AP depend on pending I-485.

Missing A# on I-765 receipt

My wife is on pending 485 for about a year and we applied for renewal of I-131 & I-765 through the paper based route. We got the receipt for the I-765 without the A# and soon got a notice for Code 2 biometrics as well. The receipt for I-131 has the A# correctly. Is this an error? I thought we were not suppossed to require fingerprinting if the previous fingerprinting was taken within 15 months (it was taken last Mar)

My wife is on pending 485 for about a year and we applied for renewal of I-131 & I-765 through the paper based route. We got the receipt for the I-765 without the A# and soon got a notice for Code 2 biometrics as well. The receipt for I-131 has the A# correctly. Is this an error? I thought we were not suppossed to require fingerprinting if the previous fingerprinting was taken within 15 months (it was taken last Mar)

Do not mix things to avoid mistakes in the world of immigration. There is no strict role for expiration of FP after 15 months, if you received a notice to repeat FP before or after 15 months, just do it.
The receipt for I-765 should has the A#, but I think this is not a big deal.

EAD - New EAD how much time

I applied my 485 and EAD today that is 04/18/07 when will I get my new EAD for me and my wife. How much it takes time to get it. Please let me know i will be appreciated. Thank you

I applied my 485 and EAD today that is 04/18/07 when will I get my new EAD for me and my wife. How much it takes time to get it. Please let me know i will be appreciated. Thank you

Normally it takes 60 to 90 days based on the svc center

Checklist for EAD and AP Renewal

Hi

I have to file for EAD and AP extensions for self and spouse.

I am thinking of doing it myself. Can you please share your thoughts on what to send etc. I want to do paper based . These rules keep changing everyday, so thought I will ask you since you have done it recently. Can you please send me links of documents and forms

Also my case was filed in CA office but now moved to Nabraska, so where should I send my EAD/AP renewal application ?

Thanks
Seema

EAD and AP 2nd Renewal

Hi Gurus,

I applied my I485 @ VSC and now my case has been transfered to TSC 2 months ago . Now my Question is where do i need to apply the EAD, AP renewals . Also let me know the fee for EAD, AP . The address of the TSC

I would appriciate your help

Thanks
maraokvt

----> i think file with VSC and on cover letter explain that your I-485 has been transferred from TSC to VSC (attach the copy of transfer notice )

On what basis do you think you should file with VSC? :confused: The form clearly says on page 9..."Form I-765 Filed Alone: If your employment-based Form I-485 is pending, file your Form I-765 at the same Service Center currently processing your Form I-485. Include a copy of your receipt notice."

This is pretty clear you should file with TSC where your I-485 is currently pending.

On what basis do you think you should file with VSC? :confused: The form clearly says on page 9..."Form I-765 Filed Alone: If your employment-based Form I-485 is pending, file your Form I-765 at the same Service Center currently processing your Form I-485. Include a copy of your receipt notice."

This is pretty clear you should file with TSC where your I-485 is currently pending.

Read page 8. It clearly says if your response to question 16 is (c) (9) file your application at the same local USCIS office or service Center where you SUBMITTED your adjustment of status application.

I take submitted different than pending...

Are you looking at an older version of the I-765 form, coz I couldn't find the info that you have stated

If I-485 application was transferred from TSC to VSC. Then one needs to file at VSC because I-485 is now pending at VSC, not TSC.