H1B Visa stamp in Pakistan, Latest situation

H1B application approved

Hi All,

my H1B application has been approved and now i am waiting for document to submit in embassy for stamping visa. i would like to know how much time recruiter will take to send document, i keep on contacting him and he tells when will received from layer will send asap.

kindly any one advise when will this process will be completed to received document

Regards,

Hi,

I was appeared on US Consulate for my H1B visa on March 20, 2008, after interview they required some additional document which i submitted on April8, 2008 and after this when i send an email to consulate section they reply regarding my case forwarding to administrative process, today i recieved my all additional document which i submitted during the interview and after the interview but still im waiting my passport and visa, so my question is any hope and how long it will required now for getting the visa as it already getting four month since im waiting.

regards
khurram

No one is in a position to speculate that. However since you have been returend your documents, I am guessing that you will get back your passport and visa real soon. Good luck!!!

so my question is any hope and how long it will required now for getting the visa as it already getting four month since im waiting.

Help please

Hi Folks,

It’s very interesting and seems quite terrible to see the problems faced by Desi folks in the US with regard to visas. I am Pakistani, m, 26, unmarried, living in Germany since last three years and working in a IT company with good salary according to local market, however my current contract with my company is going to end in next 11 months so I am planning my next move. (I have a mixed experience of ~4 years in IT industry) Being for a while in Germany, I am quite fed up of typical EU or German culture and the language and see a nice move to a English speaking country.

I have been once to the US for a visit and found a bit better culture than Germany to adapt. Therefore, currently this is one of my options under considerations. However, I am scared of these visa issues (also while at Arrival at US airports, I have seen quite pity treatment from Immigration staff). I’d, if go, would go to US on H1b. But something specifically scares me is that people can’t visit Pakistan because of these stamping issues. This is a series issue because if I have to get married in future and visit PK or have to visit PK once in 1-2 years, it would be a problem. I don’t have in depth knowledge of Green card issues, exceptions etc. I don’t want to go to US and get locked there for years without being able to get married in Pakistan or not being able to visit PK for many years.

Can anybody throw some light in this situation, that would it be better for If I get a job in a good company to move to US instead of another English speaking country (e.g. Ireland, Canada, Australlia, etc) . I am obviously looking for a better place to live and work with lesser hessels.

Many thanks :)

No one gets locked in the US. There is no exit control. Anyone can leave the US at his/her will. Why not get married in the US itself? It will avoid visa issues for your spouse plus help you integrate a tad quicker!!!

I don’t want to go to US and get locked there for years without being able to get married in Pakistan or not being able to visit PK for many years.

Singapore?

I am obviously looking for a better place to live and work with lesser hessels.

No doubt, US is the best place to live and there is no ECL here. But, there are some immigration issues here. Particularly, the visa stamping in Islamabad and waiting for administrative processing. If visa is stamped in your passport, then there is no problem.

Thanks Paroo and Triple Citizen for your reply.

And sorry for confusion here,.. being locked in the US, i meant being inside US with an expired H1 Visa (requiring stamping). As I see some people hesitating to go outside or visit Pakistan to avoid this stamping issue.

If some body can work there and visit Pakistan once in one or two years, I think thats obviously perfect. but my understanding is, untill one gets Greencard there, it is risk to get dependent on visa stamping outside US.. Even people do get visa stamped in Pakistan after some time, but I see a serius trouble if some body has to wait there for many months.. This obviously risks the job in the US, as not every employer would be willing accept such delays.

OK,, making the longer story short,, How would be, on average, people with H1b's get such longer delays? And whats the average time to get actually the GC after being there and applying for there?

Thanks for such a gr8 discussion from all of you.
Now my questions

I recently got H1b which is starting from Oct 1, 2008. I am just wondering why you guys went to Islamabad to get it stamped since i see most of were working in US for quite sometime. Why you guys didn't apply stamp from Canada, Mexico, Jamaica?

Do you know anyone who had difficulty getting visa from outside pakistan?

Actually Im in US for last 7 years and mainly on F1 and did work for last 2-3 yrs but with expired US visa but valid status. Will i get in trouble because of this?

take care

Allah Hafiz

OK,, making the longer story short,, How would be, on average, people with H1b's get such longer delays? And whats the average time to get actually the GC after being there and applying for there?

You dont have to be here to apply GC. Your sponsor company can file GC for you even you never visited the US before. The only difference it the last stage of the GC, you have to go for CP (Consuler Processing) instead of AOS (Adjustment of Status)

Should I go to Canda or Get it stamped for ISL

I need h1 stamping done on my passport. I already have slot booked in Canada on 2nd October 2008. I am considering going back home to Islamabad and apply right away. Can any one recommened me should I go to Canda or Islmabad if I want to get this H1 stamping done quickly. any word on average time in Canda appose to Islamabad.

I personally know four Pak. people how got their H1 stamped from Canada without any issues. Two of them were F1 > H1 first timers and the other two were second timers with first H1 stamp from Islamabad. All of them got their H1 stamped within 1-3 weeks from the time of application.
You may not get the H1 stamp the same day as any U.S consulate(in Islamabad or Canada) will do some sort of "security check"/administrative processing before they issue/print the H1 visa.
You can search this thread for time in Islamabad, it really varies anywhere from 1-2 weeks to 4 weeks and some times months (in rare cases).
If you decide to go to Canada:
- you can stay there while you wait for the admin. processing to complete
- you can continue on to Pak. but you will need multiple entry visa for Canada so when you receive email confirmation from U.S consulate in Canada that your visa is ready to be issued, you can travel back from Pak to Canada and then finally to U.S after getting you H1.

Good luck.
I need h1 stamping done on my passport. I already have slot booked in Canada on 2nd October 2008. I am considering going back home to Islamabad and apply right away. Can any one recommened me should I go to Canda or Islmabad if I want to get this H1 stamping done quickly. any word on average time in Canda appose to Islamabad.

Hi,

can any body tell me the current job market in usa, i got my H1b, right now here in pakistan and planning to go in mid of nov, im woking major in .net and minor in java as a software engineer since last 7 years and im also certified.

thanks and regards
khurram

If you got your H1 through a consulting company and they have a project lined up for you, I would say don't wait and travel to US. If the company says that they have nothing that you can start after you arrive in US, this means unless the company will take care of your lodging expenses while they get your interviewed with clients, you will have to bear the expenses.

You have more than sufficient experience to get a job here. It depends also on how much risk are you willing to take. In a down economy, if you need to find a new project (if you are going to work in a consulting setup), it can be time consuming.

Get a good handle on what your sponsor company's situation is and plan accordingly. Good luck!!
Hi,

can any body tell me the current job market in usa, i got my H1b, right now here in pakistan and planning to go in mid of nov, im woking major in .net and minor in java as a software engineer since last 7 years and im also certified.

thanks and regards
khurram

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience that i have stamped H1B visa with in 2 weeks. I appeared in embassy at Islamabad Pakistan for interview on 9th oct 08 and VO asked some basic question about my employer and issued a administrative process letter and inform me it may take 2 months time or longer.

On 28th oct 08 it was shocking to me that i received a call from embassy that visa has been issued so collect your passport from the american express center where you submitted.

Now I am enjoying and with in a month i will be in USA.

Regards,

Wow.. That was fast. Have you ever been to US before???

I, along with my wife was interviewed on 21st of Oct. We got our h1b and h4 visa approval and are still waiting for Admin processing. I came to US in 2006. I guess my name is in a number of agencies, so thats why its taking long. Any comments on this.???

BTW, my name is not that common. Many people believe that common Muslim names get stuck for long.

Hi All,

I would like to share my experience that i have stamped H1B visa with in 2 weeks. I appeared in embassy at Islamabad Pakistan for interview on 9th oct 08 and VO asked some basic question about my employer and issued a administrative process letter and inform me it may take 2 months time or longer.

On 28th oct 08 it was shocking to me that i received a call from embassy that visa has been issued so collect your passport from the american express center where you submitted.

Now I am enjoying and with in a month i will be in USA.

Regards,

I would like to share my latest H1B visa stamping experience Islambad. My brief background: I came to US first in Aug 2004 on F1 visa with my wife and kid on F2 visas. We visited Pakistan in Jun 2006 while on F1. My H1B status started in Oct 2007. We came to Pakistan in last week of December 2008 and needed to obtain H1B visas to return back to USA. We got our appointment for Jan 9, 2009. VO asked few general questions related to job etc. and examined my original educational documents, letter from my employer, my tax returns and my salary slips. He later gave us a paper saying our visa is subject to additional admininstrative processing that could take upto 2 months or more. I'd been reading on internet that it could take upto several months too so was bit concerned. But alhamdolillah yesterday (Jan 22) we got a call that our passports are ready to be collected from American Express office Lahore. I visited them and collected our passports with visas in them. So I am now believing that may be many people are getting visas fast, but on the forums only those people are posting their comments who have had bad experiences. So I was determined to share my experience with people in my situation so that the positive news should also be available.

Canada stamping

I had my interview for H1-b visa in Montreal recently. I was told that I will be subjected for security check and this could take a while. I plan to leave for Lahore shortly (for marriage), just wondering if I get an e-mail from them in a week that my security clearance has been processed Do i have to return immediately.. It will not be possible for me because of marriage and other personal reasons!!!

- Is there any deadline to get visa stamped in such scenario’s?

Thanks

H-1 b stamping Vancouver

I had applied for a H-1 b visa at the end of September at the Vancouver Consulate. It's been more than 5 months and I'm still waiting. I belive that I am being put through name/security check. First time stamping after H-1. Does anyone have any idea how long security check is taking these days?