• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi, my wife is the principal applicant for us. We got married in January 2022 and successfully added me as a derivative in February 2022 by unlocking the DS260. If it matters, we were in a relationship since 2016.

Our interview is scheduled in Colombo, Sri Lanka for September 15th. It came as a surprise as we were initially supposed to be interviewed in Abu Dhabi and requested it to be changed to Colombo since May 2022 however we didn't receive any response other than the auto-reply (Your case is current.....). So we are in a bit of a rush to do the medicals, etc.

My first question is, as it's very difficult for me to get ad hoc leave from my company to fly to Colombo from Abu Dhabi to complete my medicals, is it possible to do the medical in Abu Dhabi and take those results for the interview in Colombo?

If for some reason I am unable to attend the interview, can my wife still attend the interview and get the visa issued for herself? Could me not attending the interview result in her not being issued a visa?

If she gets the visa, how can she sponsor me after moving to the US and in general how long will the process take?

Thank you.
No, you cannot do the medical in abu Dhabi and the interview elsewhere. Medicals must be done in the country the visa is being issued.

Yes, as your wife is principal she can attend the interview herself. If you cannot get a DV visa in time she would have to sponsor you through F2A, spouse of LPR. Filing fee for this is $535. There will be more fees to pay later for NVC and interview, another $600+ at that stage (they may change by then). It generally takes about two years for F2A, sometimes longer. She would have to be earning enough money in the US to be able to sponsor you as a spouse.

Hi All, I have one quick question. A fellow DV winner received his visa, but has the annotation: "Class B req. ATTN of usphs at POE". From my little search on this platform, I get the understanding that it doesn't render her inadmissible to the US. But she is curious about what to expect at the POE and after entry into the US. Can someone who has been through this or has knowledge of what to expect share their experience?

Hi All, I have one quick question. A fellow DV winner received his visa, but has the annotation: "Class B req. ATTN of usphs at POE". From my little search on this platform, I get the understanding that it doesn't render her inadmissible to the US. But she is curious about what to expect at the POE and after entry into the US. Can someone who has been through this or has knowledge of what to expect share their experience?
This is a standard annotation for someone who has been determined as having a medical condition which those not render them inadmissible, it however requires medical follow up by the USPHS (US Public Health Services). At the POE, she shouldn’t be treated differently than any other new immigrant. Based on the annotation, her information is required to be submitted by the CBP to the USPHS to enable the USPHS personnel follow up and conduct/provide directions with regards to the expected medical follow up process.

This is a standard annotation for someone who has been determined as having a medical condition which those not render them inadmissible, it however requires medical follow up by the USPHS (US Public Health Services). At the POE, she shouldn’t be treated differently than any other new immigrant. Based on the annotation, her information is required to be submitted by the CBP to the USPHS to enable the USPHS personnel follow up and conduct/provide directions with regards to the expected medical follow up process.
that's good to know. thanks for the feedback. Will let her know.

Hello Susie QQQ, I am the principal applicant and my interview is scheduled on 22nd, my fiance has been working on our civil marriage document and luckily we managed to get it yesterday. My question is can I still carry our marriage document to the interview and ask the consular to add my fiance, and won't it affect my chance of getting the visa reason being that our marriage is new?

Hello Susie QQQ, I am the principal applicant and my interview is scheduled on 22nd, my fiance has been working on our civil marriage document and luckily we managed to get it yesterday. My question is can I still carry our marriage document to the interview and ask the consular to add my fiance, and won't it affect my chance of getting the visa reason being that our marriage is new?
I find your phrasing very strange. Normally people get married (civil or religious) and get a marriage document. You keep referring to your fiancé (implying you are not actually married) and what does it mean by he was “working” on the document?

Anyway assuming it is a valid document and you are in fact married and the relationship is genuine, the fact that you have got married should not affect your case. It is probably too late however to ask for your - presumably now husband not fiancé - to be added to your DV case, especially if your interview is only 22nd (he needs a ds260 processed, medical, civil documents and visa all before 30 Sept) but you can ask of course. More likely you’d have to sponsor him separately once you have your own green card.

PS please do not address posts to specific people. Anyone can answer on this forum.

Hello guys I'm really grateful for the insights here.. I just joined but i habe a quick question

I'm having an interview in Nairobi but I'm 7 pregnant, can my unborn child be issued a visa since I'm due in november before I get to the US.?

Hello guys I'm really grateful for the insights here.. I just joined but i habe a quick question

I'm having an interview in Nairobi but I'm 7 pregnant, can my unborn child be issued a visa since I'm due in november before I get to the US.?
The child will be able to enter the US without a visa: if a baby is born between when the mother is issued an immigrant visa and when she enters the US using it, the baby not need its own immigrant visa and will be processed for a green card on arrival. Make sure you have a full (long form) birth certificate for the baby as well as obviously a passport. Be sure to speak the consular officer about this during your interview, as you may need what is called a “boarding foil” to show the airline the baby is approved for travel to the US.

The child will be able to enter the US without a visa: if a baby is born between when the mother is issued an immigrant visa and when she enters the US using it, the baby not need its own immigrant visa and will be processed for a green card on arrival. Make sure you have a full (long form) birth certificate for the baby as well as obviously a passport. Be sure to speak the consular officer about this during your interview, as you may need what is called a “boarding foil” to show the airline the baby is approved for travel to the US.
Thanks @SusieQQQ so would it be possible to apply for the father as well. I had indicated single but we were planning our wedding in november this year.. can the consular issue or give my fiance an opportunity. I never included him on my ds260 because didnt want to risk our opportunity. Please advise

Another quick one, a colleague too won a dv and is scheduled this September.. however mistakenly included her first name again on the maiden name e.g. kamoga doreen but instead she indicated Doreen again on the maiden name and her details shows her name as kamoga Doreen doreen, how can she rectify this anormally.?

Thanks @SusieQQQ so would it be possible to apply for the father as well. I had indicated single but we were planning our wedding in november this year.. can the consular issue or give my fiance an opportunity. I never included him on my ds260 because didnt want to risk our opportunity. Please advise
No, your marriage is after the end of the fiscal year so he will not be able to get a derivative DV22 visa. You will have to file a separate petition for him as spouse of LPR once you have your own green card.

Another quick one, a colleague too won a dv and is scheduled this September.. however mistakenly included her first name again on the maiden name e.g. kamoga doreen but instead she indicated Doreen again on the maiden name and her details shows her name as kamoga Doreen doreen, how can she rectify this anormally.?
She will just have to explain to the CO

Hi, we are a family of six. We reached USA in in mid July 2022. Then we left within 2 weeks to our country to finish our legalities. We received our green cards by mid August 2022 in our mail .
My queries
*1.)- we did not receive our SSN till now. I had requested in ds-260 forms. What should i do next as i think i have to be physically present to deal with SSN.
2.)- can we stay outside usa for 11 months . i.e. return back by June 2023 without any issues at POE.
3.)-Can we get the green cards mailed to our country so that we can bring it while returning back. Is this allowed.

Hi, we are a family of six. We reached USA in in mid July 2022. Then we left within 2 weeks to our country to finish our legalities. We received our green cards by mid August 2022 in our mail .
My queries
*1.)- we did not receive our SSN till now. I had requested in ds-260 forms. What should i do next as i think i have to be physically present to deal with SSN.
2.)- can we stay outside usa for 11 months . i.e. return back by June 2023 without any issues at POE.
3.)-Can we get the green cards mailed to our country so that we can bring it while returning back. Is this allowed.
1. You’d need to go in person to a SSA office, yes.
2. The maximum time allowed outside the country on a green card is 12 months. “Without any issues” - well, they won’t deny you entry, but they may well question why you were out for so long, ensure you understand that a green card is for actually residing in the US, etc.
3. It’s allowed, but you may want to consider how safe it is to do so. It is a big, expensive hassle to replace a lost green card. If I were you I’d do it via courier not regular mail if you do decide to do it.

Hello everyone, just some questions about the I-134 form
1. Does the original i134 form with original signature need to be submitted or is a scanned copy enough?
2. Does the sponsor need to be a U.S citizen or can a green card holder sponsor too?
3. What are the other supporting documents required for proof of finances in addition to the IRS transcripts for the most recent tax year? (Eg: letter from employer on letter head and a statement stating when the bank account was opened and the present balance, are these needed?)
4. If sponsor is presently temporarily out of the U.S. do we need to mention that under the address section or the current permanent residence address in U.S is sufficient
5. I am planning to stay two weeks and come back as I need to close up things where I am currently staying. Should I put two weeks or no end date in the anticipated length of stay?
1662628234856.png

Hello everyone, just some questions about the I-134 form
1. Does the original i134 form with original signature need to be submitted or is a scanned copy enough?
2. Does the sponsor need to be a U.S citizen or can a green card holder sponsor too?
3. What are the other supporting documents required for proof of finances in addition to the IRS transcripts for the most recent tax year? (Eg: letter from employer on letter head and a statement stating when the bank account was opened and the present balance, are these needed?)
4. If sponsor is presently temporarily out of the U.S. do we need to mention that under the address section or the current permanent residence address in U.S is sufficient
5. I am planning to stay two weeks and come back as I need to close up things where I am currently staying. Should I put two weeks or no end date in the anticipated length of stay?
View attachment 3722
1. A scanned version is fine.
2. A USC or LPR will do.
3. Yes, those documents can be included. Also, a W2 can be added as a supporting document.
4. Just the permanent residence address.
5. No end date.

Congratulations and thanks for the update. I can't imagine how much this must mean to you seeing as you no longer have to come to the US on a K1 and then go through the long AOS process to become a LPR. Hopefully, your son is able to maintain his non-immigrant status until you become a USC and are able to file for him.

Best of luck to you both!
Thank you, Yes it is quite a relief and thanks for all the advice.
1. Yes
2. Biometrics is needed only if you apply for a re-entry permit
3. Yes - i131 is a form to apply for a travel document, which includes the re-entry permit. Instructions are on the relevant uscis page https://www.uscis.gov/i-131
4. Yes
5. No need to wait at all, you can file the application the same day you become an LPR.
Hi one quick question. What kind of application /or format a DV winner after becoming a LPR should file for the DV derivative? Is there a specific form? How will be the cost? Appreciate your reply. Thanks

Thank you, Yes it is quite a relief and thanks for all the advice.

Hi one quick question. What kind of application /or format a DV winner after becoming a LPR should file for the DV derivative? Is there a specific form? How will be the cost? Appreciate your reply. Thanks
well, it’s not going to be a DV derivative any more if the fiscal year is over, you will be applying for someone as a spouse or child of LPR. The Form is i130. If you have a spouse and minor children, you can file one form for the spouse and the minor children (under 21) can be derivatives of the spouse. If it is only children you’ll need a separate form for each child. The category is F2A and you file form I130. The filing fee is $535, and then in due course you will have to pay fees at NVC and for the embassy interview, I believe at present those fees amount to a little over $600, but those only get paid after USCIS approves the petition- normally will take a couple of years. Form and instructions are here https://www.uscis.gov/i-130 and a fuller explanation of the family filing process is here https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...nt-visa-process/step-1-submit-a-petition.html - between these two links all your questions should be answered.

(Note that a LPR can also file an F2B petition for a child over 21 as long as that child is unmarried, but that’s a longer wait, 6-7 years,)