• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hi everyone. I’m helping a friend with his DV interview preparations . His interview will be in Cairo and I need b clear of a few things , please .
* We are trying to register his passport dropout in the US embassy website but the sub-link doesn’t work .
* Do they at the interview ask for any addition form as in affidavit of support or any thing ?
Thank you

Hello everyone,
Thanks for providing such awesome experience and knowledge here on the board. I had my Interview almost 6 weeks ago and everything went smooth except on police record was from the wrong department. They told me at the interview that I can send them the right one later and verbally approved the application, they even kept my passport. But i haven't heard from them ever since and my status is refused. I'm 100% sure that the record is without any issues. Will the visa get refused once the physical year ends, sep. 30th? This really gets me, i'd already got a job but can't sign the contract without having my visa... all i can do is waiting i guess

Hello everyone,
Thanks for providing such awesome experience and knowledge here on the board. I had my Interview almost 6 weeks ago and everything went smooth except on police record was from the wrong department. They told me at the interview that I can send them the right one later and verbally approved the application, they even kept my passport. But i haven't heard from them ever since and my status is refused. I'm 100% sure that the record is without any issues. Will the visa get refused once the physical year ends, sep. 30th? This really gets me, i'd already got a job but can't sign the contract without having my visa... all i can do is waiting i guess
Unfortunately any pending case not approved by the end of Sept. 30th will subsequently get denied. If you did your interview about 6 weeks ago, that means you had your interview in July. Your allocated visa subsequently got returned to the KCC at the end of July, your embassy will now need to send in request to the KCC for a new visa number whenever they are ready to approve your case (after receiving the pending PCC and if everything checks out, of course).

Thanks for your reply, June 30th actually. But this would go under section 221(g) ? Or does this section not apply for lottery visa?

Thanks for your reply, June 30th actually. But this would go under section 221(g) ? Or does this section not apply for lottery visa?
221g applies to any immigrant visa where they don’t have everything they need to approve, in your case the correct PCC.
What embassy did you interview at, what country is the PCC from, and when did you submit the correct one?

Embassy in bern, Switzerland, pcc from new zealand, submitted correct one on July 6th but the officer at the embassy told me the pcc is begin sent directly to them. The embassy in NZ already told me it's being processed and is now at NVC. 221g means I actually have a year time to provide correct one?

Embassy in bern, Switzerland, pcc from new zealand, submitted correct one on July 6th but the officer at the embassy told me the pcc is begin sent directly to them. The embassy in NZ already told me it's being processed and is now at NVC. 221g means I actually have a year time to provide correct one?
Not sure why you think you have a year to provide it, no you don’t. Everything needs to be wrapped up by 30 September or you can’t get a DV2022 visa. Standard immigrant visa requirements might be up to a year to provide missing docs in some cases but you don’t have that luxury.

There is no reason at all your PCC should be at NVC if you have a DV case. The embassy in NZ is supposed to send your PCC to the embassy in Bern. You may want to scan the OC Dv2022 thread, i know a couple of kiwis there have had issues getting the PCC sent to the interviewing embassy. You should check with Bern whether they actually have your PCC.

Okay, I've asked Bern already but no answer so far.

This is what i got btw.

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you wish to know whether your New Zealand vetted police certificate has been received or sent to the National Visa Centre (NVC).

Your request has been processed, as advised by the New Zealand Police Vetting Service. The results have been forwarded to the National Visa Centre on your behalf, upon receipt of the vetted certificate. The National Visa Center is the agency which sends the vetted certificate to the correct location for your interview.

The National Visa Center has an Online Inquiry Form for public inquiries. Applicants can contact the NVC via email using the online form at:

Using this form –sends information to a searchable, sortable table – allowing the NVC to greatly speed up their response time to email inquiries. This email address provides better customer service to applicants.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards
U.S. Visa Services Desk

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
I have just discovered that my name in the birth certificate is spelled El Mahdi (with space between L and M) but in the rest of the documents it's spelled Elmahdi with no space in between. Would that affect my chances of getting a visa?
Thank you

Okay, I've asked Bern already but no answer so far.

This is what i got btw.

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you wish to know whether your New Zealand vetted police certificate has been received or sent to the National Visa Centre (NVC).

Your request has been processed, as advised by the New Zealand Police Vetting Service. The results have been forwarded to the National Visa Centre on your behalf, upon receipt of the vetted certificate. The National Visa Center is the agency which sends the vetted certificate to the correct location for your interview.

The National Visa Center has an Online Inquiry Form for public inquiries. Applicants can contact the NVC via email using the online form at:

Using this form –sends information to a searchable, sortable table – allowing the NVC to greatly speed up their response time to email inquiries. This email address provides better customer service to applicants.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards
U.S. Visa Services Desk
Again, I’d refer you to the OC thread to see how the other kiwis did it and to check whether or not theirs somehow went through NVC (NVC doesn’t deal with DV cases and my understanding was theirs were sent from Auckland embassy to interviewing embassy, but maybe I missed something in this particular process).

Hi everyone!
I have just discovered that my name in the birth certificate is spelled El Mahdi (with space between L and M) but in the rest of the documents it's spelled Elmahdi with no space in between. Would that affect my chances of getting a visa?
Thank you
Almost certainly won’t be a problem, especially if your native language is a non-Latin alphabet.

Again, I’d refer you to the OC thread to see how the other kiwis did it and to check whether or not theirs somehow went through NVC (NVC doesn’t deal with DV cases and my understanding was theirs were sent from Auckland embassy to interviewing embassy, but maybe I missed something in this particular process).
This whole story seems to go south.. such a pity.. anyway, time will tell, thanks for your help

This whole story seems to go south.. such a pity.. anyway, time will tell, thanks for your help
I was a little confused tbh at the response you got from the embassy in Auckland.
Is this actually what you asked them?

I've asked them whether the form was already proceeded or not and that's what I got as answer
Ok look, it’s your case and you can choose what to do or not to but as i said before, if I were you I would look at the OC thread and then decide whether you just to want to wait and see if something happens between NVC and Bern before the fiscal year runs out, or whether you want to actively tackle what seems to be a known problem area. A few posts from the OC thread below.

Just put down your case number 'OCXXXX'.
A problem I found with NZ Police certificates is that the NZ Police send them directly to the US Embassy in Auckland and then its up to Auckland to forward it to your interviewing US Embassy. For me my interviewing Embassy (London) still had not received it by the time of my interview. Auckland sat on it for 6 months. London had to contact them. This is the reason my case has been flagged as 'refused' even though I was verbally approved pending receipt of the certificate. But now they have it so hopefully I will receive my visa. I would suggest that when you get an interview contact Auckland directly about this.

And I thought my 5-week wait was hard enough!! I had to contact Auckland too to ask them to send it on. The wait was no fun at all!

No I think I just wrote OCXXXX as I believe the ACK is for different types of Visas. I think when I wrote the address of the Embassy I put down the US Embassy in London. But in the email I received confirming that the PC was completed, they informed me that they automatically send all PCs to Auckland and that it is then Auckland forward on to the interviewing Embassy.

Hi, I did and once the NZ police had processed it I received an email with the following:
"Thank you for your email.
We confirm that your Visa vetting request has been processed.
Your Visa vetting results have been sent, via email, to the US Consulate General in Auckland AucklandIV@state.gov).
The US Consulate General in Auckland is then responsible for forwarding the results to the relevant embassy or consulate, or to the National Visa Centre as required."

you should receive the same once yours has been processed and then you will be able to email the Auckland embassy to make sure it is forwarded on to the correct embassy you need it at

Ok look, it’s your case and you can choose what to do or not to but as i said before, if I were you I would look at the OC thread and then decide whether you just to want to wait and see if something happens between NVC and Bern before the fiscal year runs out, or whether you want to actively tackle what seems to be a known problem area. A few posts from the OC thread below.
I called ACK this morning they told me to refer to NVC couldn't or wouldn't help me. I've made a new inquiry at the NZ police and asked them to send it straight to Bern instead of ACK. I hope they gonna do that!