Waiting Asylum decision

I am waiting for the result of follow up inquiry from congressman, they said case escalated to the attention of section chief
Hi , is there any process / fee associated if we approach congressman? Do we need to take friend/ relative a US citizen, when approaching congressman ? Thanks

Hi aseek, How many days it takes to get our FOIA file. Do we receive through email or mail.?
Hello. It depends, it will show how many days it is gonna take, it is about 1 month usually, you need choose electronic delivery if I remember correctly, and you will be able download from your account

Do you know why your decision took so long? Were you told your case was pending background checks when you made an inquiry? I had an cousin who was part of an armed group and he was a threat to me and persecuting me and danger from him was a reason for me seeking asylum. My attorney says it might be due to my claimed family relationship with someone like that my case has been taking so long.
It is that and also the caravans flooding the system, i had a lot if anxiety for the first couple of years, but then i just forgot about it, i talked to a couple of lawyers that told me to live my life that there was nothing we could do? i asked about a a mandamus lawsuit and he answered are you really suing the people that ate trying to help?

so i just left it to destiny , and it got approved

Still waiting since July 2016. Inquired through congressman’s office; they said ‘my application is still pending.’ Ridiculous at this point…