• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Our cases were approved!
When I checked the online case status today morning. I saw that our cases have been approved. Thank you so much, Mom and everybody! I am really grateful that I was directed here by Simon around a year ago. The spreadsheet has everything you need and properly frontloading ensures a faster process. I have updated my timeline and will do it when CPO update posts. Thank you so much again!
Hi Mom and all,
I got the approval notice in the mail today, dated to 07/29 which is the same date the online status changed to Case approved.
However, I did not get a card production update as many folks who got their cases approved got.
IMG_20220802_180551.jpg
The notice says I might be required to provide biometrics prior to card issuance. But I have completed my biometrics before. So, technically my card must be produced. It also says it might take up to 90 days for me to receive the card (or a bio appointment).
This 90 days will put it way past the Sep 30 deadline.
1.) Should the card be issued by sept 30? Or the case approval before sep 30 is enough?
2.) Is there something missing or wrong with my case for it to end up at a status like this?
3.) I checked CEAC website for my dv case number and it still says at NVC. Does that mean my case has not been assigned a visa yet?

I know I might be worrying too much here. I just don't want anything thing to go wrong at the last moment. Appreciate all your inputs. Thank you very much.

Hi Mom and all,
I got the approval notice in the mail today, dated to 07/29 which is the same date the online status changed to Case approved.
However, I did not get a card production update as many folks who got their cases approved got.
View attachment 3659
The notice says I might be required to provide biometrics prior to card issuance. But I have completed my biometrics before. So, technically my card must be produced. It also says it might take up to 90 days for me to receive the card (or a bio appointment).
This 90 days will put it way past the Sep 30 deadline.
1.) Should the card be issued by sept 30? Or the case approval before sep 30 is enough?
2.) Is there something missing or wrong with my case for it to end up at a status like this?
3.) I checked CEAC website for my dv case number and it still says at NVC. Does that mean my case has not been assigned a visa yet?

I know I might be worrying too much here. I just don't want anything thing to go wrong at the last moment. Appreciate all your inputs. Thank you very much.
Standard wording, nothing to worry about. Your GC should show up in the next couple of days.

Hi there,

GC interview scheduled in a few weeks for AOS 2022. My medical was approved however documents for medicinal cannabis were attached/provided. Would this be an issue in the interview for GC approval?

Hey @Olalola! How are you doing? Any news on your case?
Hi @goodvibes and everyone , am ok thank you . I was going to post an update today !
We received RFE letters for each one of us even the kids , they are asking for more evidence of financial support. They also asked for the documents to be dropped at the field office drop box any Friday b/w 8am to 12 pm , we are going to drop the documents this Friday and wait, hopefully they won't take so long to get back to us .

Hi there,

GC interview scheduled in a few weeks for AOS 2022. My medical was approved however documents for medicinal cannabis were attached/provided. Would this be an issue in the interview for GC approval?
I'm not sure what you mean by your medical was "approved". The CS does not approve anything, their job is basically to report on the medical findings on the I-693 form. What did the CS tick under findings in Part 8 (Civil Surgeon worksheet) Question 3 for Drug Abuse/Drug Addition? Any other remark listed?

As to the medicinal cannabis use admission and documentation, I think (not 100% certain) there may be a problem with this. AFAIK, Federal Immigration Law does not make any exception for marijuana use prescribed by a doctor. While medical and recreational marijuana may be legal in some States, the sale, possession, production and distribution of marijuana or its facilitation is illegal under the US Federal Law. There is a 2019 Policy Alert which which says the possession, use, sale, distribution and production of marijuana remain illegal under U.S. Federal Law and can prevent applicants from establishing good moral character required to become a USC. This (IMO) will equally apply to an application to become a LPR.

Hi @goodvibes and everyone , am ok thank you . I was going to post an update today !
We received RFE letters for each one of us even the kids , they are asking for more evidence of financial support. They also asked for the documents to be dropped at the field office drop box any Friday b/w 8am to 12 pm , we are going to drop the documents this Friday and wait, hopefully they won't take so long to get back to us .
Interesting update. What did you guys initially provided/included with your AOS package for the financial evidence?

Hello, I sent my AOS on June 14th which is 46 day before my visa been current available, I just received a letter of denying because I filled it early, crazy!. Btw they sent me appointments for finger print and I did it!! Anyway I guess I am gonna send another app, what about the fees?! They didn’t send the money order back! What should I do??

Interesting update. What did you guys initially provided/included with your AOS package for the financial evidence?
Hi mom
So when we filed AOS on March my husband was employed , he started that job on 2018 and ended June/30/2022 so our AOS package included pay slips , taxes , bank statements, private health insurance , our lease and bills + letter from the hospital were he was working .
At the interview they asked him about the financial situation he stated that his contract was ended and provided form I-134 along with a copy of the sponsor's government ID , pay slips and W2 and a copy of my husband's new job offer which is not confirmed yet cuz they are waiting for AOS to be resolved ( they only offer J1 visa )
Now they are asking to send separate I-134 forms for each one of us and from the sponsor they ask for 1) a copy of the sponsor's US citizenship +2) statement from an officer of the bank identifying date the account opened , total amount deposited for the past year and the current balance . 3) letter from his employer stating if his job is permanent if not include the end of contract date .
The sponsor is my husband's uncle he provided us with all the required documents.

Hello, I sent my AOS on June 14th which is 46 day before my visa been current available, I just received a letter of denying because I filled it early, crazy!. Btw they sent me appointments for finger print and I did it!! Anyway I guess I am gonna send another app, what about the fees?! They didn’t send the money order back! What should I do??
Sorry to learn you case has been denied due to early filing, that's just unfortunate for you. They did not refund your money because the payment is not for approving the case, the payment is for reviewing and adjudicating the case which they have done and subsequently denied. Remember back in June when you asked about early filing and I asked you to take a look FAQ section of the AOS Process Spreadsheet? If you did, you would have seen questions and answers concerning package rejection vs case denial and what happens in each situation. Also being scheduled or completing the bio appointment does not necessarily mean one's application cannot be (wrongly) denied due to early filing.

Anyway, here are what I see as your options:

1. You can either seek a congressional assistance intervention - you'll request they contact your FO on your behalf and inform them your AOS application has been wrongly denied for early filing. You'll need to provide them with a copy of the Early filing memo, and the link to USCIS's website where it says "Section C contains a chart showing the Diversity Immigrant category rank cut-offs for the following month, which represents the advance notification of Diversity Immigrant visa availability. As soon as a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, anyone with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C is eligible to file for adjustment of status. This provides lottery winners the opportunity to file for adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated"

2. Or send in a new AOS application (with new payment of course).

Hi mom
So when we filed AOS on March my husband was employed , he started that job on 2018 and ended June/30/2022 so our AOS package included pay slips , taxes , bank statements, private health insurance , our lease and bills + letter from the hospital were he was working .
At the interview they asked him about the financial situation he stated that his contract was ended and provided form I-134 along with a copy of the sponsor's government ID , pay slips and W2 and a copy of my husband's new job offer which is not confirmed yet cuz they are waiting for AOS to be resolved ( they only offer J1 visa )
Now they are asking to send separate I-134 forms for each one of us and from the sponsor they ask for 1) a copy of the sponsor's US citizenship +2) statement from an officer of the bank identifying date the account opened , total amount deposited for the past year and the current balance . 3) letter from his employer stating if his job is permanent if not include the end of contract date .
The sponsor is my husband's uncle he provided us with all the required documents.
Oh wow! Your IO is really taking you guys through the wringers for financial documents. Good thing you guys already have someone to provide the requested documents. Best of luck!

Sorry to learn you case has been denied due to early filing, that's just unfortunate for you. They did not refund your money because the payment is not for approving the case, the payment is for reviewing and adjudicating the case which they have done and subsequently denied. Remember back in June when you asked about early filing and I asked you to take a look If you did, you would have seen questions and answers concerning package rejection vs case denial and what happens in each situation. Also being scheduled or completing the bio appointment does not necessarily mean one's application cannot be (wrongly) denied due to early filing.

Anyway, here are what I see as your options:

1. You can either seek a congressional assistance intervention - you'll request they contact your FO on your behalf and inform them your AOS application has been wrongly denied for early filing. You'll need to provide them with a copy of the Early filing memo, and the link to USCIS's website where it says "Section C contains a chart showing the Diversity Immigrant category rank cut-offs for the following month, which represents the advance notification of Diversity Immigrant visa availability. As soon as a monthly Visa Bulletin is published, anyone with a lower rank number than the rank cut-off number shown in Section C is eligible to file for adjustment of status. This provides lottery winners the opportunity to file for adjustment of status up to six or seven weeks before a visa number can actually be allocated"

[

2. Or send in a new AOS application (with new payment of course).
Thanks so much, how can I do the congressional assistance intervention?? I have no idea

I decided to submit a congress inquiry today for my case since my case has not had any updates since May. All it says is “case is ready for an interview scheduling”. Tier 1 confirmed the case was sent to the FO in May. Plus the FO has only one other applicant in the past 5 years hence minimal data to compare with. They mentioned that it takes 30 to 60 days to get a response. I feel like that’s a long time to get a response. Is that the case for everyone else.

Good morning @Sm1smom I updated the excel sheet. So, I wanted to reshare my question. Thank you so much.
There is only 1 other entry from my field office (norfolk) so I can't understand how interviews are scheduled as a rule. In this 1 example, he/she got the interview date notification even before he attended the bio interview (he/she didn't do walkin according to the excel.)
How does NBC schedule the final field office interview or send the file to the local office? My bio was for this this week, I did walkin last week. But no interview notification as I checked thru customer service chat. And the chat agent told me that my file is still at NBC and under review etc.