2022 SF Asylum Seekers

timberg

Hi to All seekers,

Wanted to start a new thread for those who are planning to or have already filed in their asylum applications in 2022 or end of 2021. I will be in SF in May and apply for affirmative asylum with my family. I know processing time varies by case and with also respect to the asylum office that handles it. There are people who have been waiting for their cases for 6-7 years whilst there are the ones who have got their approvals most probably because they applies after the new LIFO backlog eradication rule. In view of this, I am more interested in learning the experiences of people who applied in the last couple of months.

How long in average does it take to submit the application after the first meeting with lawyer ?
How is the progress and what is your anticipation for the timeline? Please share your comments, Thank you

- Expect couple of months
- Interview times are uncertain at this time

Are you applying first time or moving your case to SF?
Which place are you moving from?

Sent the application at early october 2021 and got receipt at mid october 2021. Still waiting for the schedule for the interview.
Applied for EAD at the beginning of the march and got the receipt at middle of march still no hearing from that either.
I have heard from multiple people around me who sent the application for asylum around beginning of the 2022/end of the 2021 like me and got the interview in 3-4 month window, waiting for decision/ got the decision while I'm still waiting for the schedule. Why there is so much disparity between interview dates?

Sent the application at early october 2021 and got receipt at mid october 2021. Still waiting for the schedule for the interview.
Applied for EAD at the beginning of the march and got the receipt at middle of march still no hearing from that either.
I have heard from multiple people around me who sent the application for asylum around beginning of the 2022/end of the 2021 like me and got the interview in 3-4 month window, waiting for decision/ got the decision while I'm still waiting for the schedule. Why there is so much disparity between interview dates?
Which office?

Yeah, thats why I asked. Applied in September, thats all. Gave the biometrics in early December but I don't know why mine isn't scheduled yet.

I don't know if I did something wrong but mine seem to be slow. Applied in october 2021, gave fingerprints in december 2021, nothing heard from that moment.

Hi dears. Is there any updates form SF asylum office regarding the interviews .what going in thus current days . Thanks to share if any .

Hi bro did you get your interview yet?

Good afternoon to all

I wondering to know about short notice list how we can apply?
What the benefits of it ?
If we apply then will loss our regular interview?

Thanks to share your experience if any !!

How is the progress in SF applications? How long is it taking so far to get the interview ? Appreciate replies.