• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

My understanding of the basic requirements is that all you need a high school education of equivalent 12 years education. You can show this with a high school diploma when you finished high-school. There isn't a requirement of any English knowledge or minimum English score. So don't worry about your "E" grade in English.

in fact, applicants who are not fluent in English are permitted to have an interpreter with them during the interview. Not sure if you can bring with you, or they will provide at interview at your request. Usually Embassy staff can speak the official languages of the country they are based in. Ghana's government-sponsored languages are Fante, Akuapem Twi, Asante Twi, Ewe, Dagaare, Dagbani, Dangme, Ga, Gonja, Kasem, Nzema. So they probably will have someone in the office that can speak your language. Check with the Ghana embassy, once you get your 2NL.

Remember the Diversity Visa, is about supporting the increased cultural diversity of the U.S.A., so more languages is a positive thing you provide.

But based on your English writing skills from your message, your English is very good. So don't worry.
You might want to be careful with a generalized response such as you’ve provided in order to not unintentionally lead people astray. Some embassies such as Ghana do indeed look at the grades obtained in certain subjects in order to make a determination on a “successful” completion of a 12 year course of formal elementary and secondary education, (as required on the entry instructions provided), which is not the same a completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education.

Please am dv 2022 selectee and have submitted my ds260 already but I saw somewhere that if u get E in English embassy in Ghana will not consider u though I got good grades in the rest of the subjects and also HND holder so I don't know what to do because I don't want to go and interview fees to be denied the Visa
This is an embassy specific issue which is better dealt with on the country specific thread, or you will end up receiving generalized responses which may not be applicable to the embassy you’re dealing with. You should post this question on the Ghana selectee thread, or go through that thread for DV 2022 (and past years if you care) to get an idea of how similar situations were handled.

Please am dv 2022 selectee and have submitted my ds260 already but I saw somewhere that if u get E in English embassy in Ghana will not consider u though I got good grades in the rest of the subjects and also HND holder so I don't know what to do because I don't want to go and interview fees to be denied the vis

Please am dv 2022 selectee and have submitted my ds260 already but I saw somewhere that if u get E in English embassy in Ghana will not consider u though I got good grades in the rest of the subjects and also HND holder so I don't know what to do because I don't want to go and interview fees to be denied the vis
Did you bother to read the response I provided you with regarding this same issue, which is directly above your latest post by the way?

Hello I’m also from SriLanka don’t worry it’s normal sometimes they keep for background check so be patient they will be informing soon did you check your ceac status check ??? What is your CN ???
Hi. My CN is below 100. Medical report was the pending docs. and it has been submitted after one week from the interview date. But still didn't have any update from the embassy. And also not responded to emails as well. really worried on that. now almost one month passed after submitting the missing docs.

If it’s been over one month since you had your interview (and your CN was current when the interview took place), your allocated visa (when your case was scheduled) got returned to KCC at the end of that month. Your embassy will now need to request a new visa number from KCC when they’re done reviewing your missing documents (and your case in general), and are ready to approve the case. So you need to remain patient at this point.
I don't have a visa number to check in ceac status. When I check with my case number there, it is indicated my case is now at Colombo. that is only I can see. That is why I am still confuse and worried. I emailed to embassy and no response. Called them and not giving any information over the phone. :(:(

I don't have a visa number to check in ceac status. When I check with my case number there, it is indicated my case is now at Colombo. that is only I can see. That is why I am still confuse and worried. I emailed to embassy and no response. Called them and not giving any information over the phone. :(:(
You don’t have a visa number because you’ve not yet been issued with a visa. The “allocated visa” I mentioned in my post is the visa set aside (reserved) by KCC and meant to be issued by the embassy after a successful interview. The visa is set aside for the month in which the interview takes place. If the visa does to get issued (for one reason or the other) within that month, it gets returned by the embassy to the KCC. When the case becomes ready to be approved after that, the embassy contacts KCC to request a new visa since the previously reserved visa for the particular case already got returned. Because it is already over a month since you had your interview, your reserved visa got returned to the KCC, your embassy will be requesting a new one when they’re ready to approve your case.

Hi. My CN is below 100. Medical report was the pending docs. and it has been submitted after one week from the interview date. But still didn't have any update from the embassy. And also not responded to emails as well. really worried on that. now almost one month passed after submitting the missing docs.
What happened to your Medical documents?? Why didn’t you submit it when you attend the interview??

Visa appointment register

Hello, I received an email today that request to register the interview in the Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service, When I made the register, it shows my interview date already in the system, but the CAS interview says "no date available" so it doesn't allows me to register this interview.

Do you know if this is the correct process? Because I have not read about this stage of the process. My interview is in April 22nd in Bogota.

Regards and thanks

Hello, I received an email today that request to register the interview in the Official U.S. Department of State Visa Appointment Service, When I made the register, it shows my interview date already in the system, but the CAS interview says "no date available" so it doesn't allows me to register this interview.

Do you know if this is the correct process? Because I have not read about this stage of the process. My interview is in April 22nd in Bogota.

Regards and thanks
Check later today or tomorrow. The interview date should be updated by the embassy.

Hello I am a winner for the DV 2022 my number is AF55xxx I have submitted my Ds 260 since May 2021 and got the OK from Kcc for the documents so far I haven't got my second notification letter. Please help me.

Last edited:
Hello I am a winner for the DV 2022 my number is AF55xxx I have submitted my Ds 260 since May 2021 and got the OK from Kcc for the documents so far I haven't got my second notification letter. Please help me.
I am also a winner o af25xxx but no second letter my friend here with af34xxx got his me too am confused

Regards and thanks
Contact your embassy directly, I had a similar situation and never could get an interview date for the CAS appointment, the immigration department of my embassy told me to go the CAS without an interview, I showed the email they gave me and was able to proceed. I went 2 days before my scheduled appointment.

Hi,
I really need your help.
I asked the KCC to unlocked my form because my current adress changed but now I am trying to resubmit my form but I cannot pass the "sign and submit" stage.
There are no error message .. Nothing. I tried wwith an other computer but it's still the same problem.
Am I too late to resubmit my form ?
My number is AF24XXXX
Thank you for your kind help and sorry if someone already asked the same question :)

Last edited:
Hi. I’m unable to update my profile at cdifederal site cos my profile is already in their database. I’m not familiar with the email used. Will this affect me in receiving my package ??

What happened to your Medical documents?? Why didn’t you submit it when you attend the interview??
When I get the interview date it is very short time period. and medical appointments was not there so Hospital said it is ok and after interview I can submit the report to embassy. I told that to visa officer as well. so they gave me a paper with instruction to submit the pending docs soon. then i submited it and still waiting there response. and no update yet.

Hi everyone,
I need to go to the USA before July in order to activate my green card.
Is it possible to go back to my country after activating my green card or do I need to receive the physical green card before.

For example, I would like to activate my green card at the beginning of June, stay 1 week in New york, then go back to France and prepare all my stuff before moving definitely to America in August.