• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hey all. As you know the visa availability is limited and the AOSers with higher numbers might not receive their visa if the CPs outside of the US get processed earlier. Right now, I am hearing that there are a couple of CP cases from AS and EU that have received their visas without their numbers have become current. Basically, it seems like some CPers might receive their visas out of turn. Does this mean that it is beneficial to AOSers to fill out the DS260 form? Is it possible that the numbers which are getting current won't get to higher than 10 or 12k at all? Or do you think that the process of getting current will be the same as last years?
As an AOSer, I try to avoid filling out the DS260 which shows the intent of immigration as I would like to be able to keep my current status in the USA. However, if the winners outside of the US receive their visas before their case numbers are current then this would be risky for me to just wait till all the visas are out. What do you all think?
I appreciate any input and connecting with those who are in a similar situation.

Hey all. As you know the visa availability is limited and the AOSers with higher numbers might not receive their visa if the CPs outside of the US get processed earlier. Right now, I am hearing that there are a couple of CP cases from AS and EU that have received their visas without their numbers have become current. Basically, it seems like some CPers might receive their visas out of turn. Does this mean that it is beneficial to AOSers to fill out the DS260 form? Is it possible that the numbers which are getting current won't get to higher than 10 or 12k at all? Or do you think that the process of getting current will be the same as last years?
As an AOSer, I try to avoid filling out the DS260 which shows the intent of immigration as I would like to be able to keep my current status in the USA. However, if the winners outside of the US receive their visas before their case numbers are current then this would be risky for me to just wait till all the visas are out. What do you all think?
I appreciate any input and connecting with those who are in a similar situation.
1. I have not heard/read from any reliable source about any case which has been approved and issued with a visa without the CN becoming current. I have heard/read of some CPers whose CNs are not yet current but have been interviewed, they however have not been issued with any visa, they are currently in AP until the CNs become current. If what you've heard is indeed true, submission or non-submission of the DS260 makes no difference for you as an AOSer - visas do not get put in reserve for AOS based DV cases.
2. Sorry, I'm not into predicting which CNs will or will not become current.
3. You'll have to decide on your own if AOS could be riskier for you or not.

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one per post.

1. I have not heard/read from any reliable source about any case which has been approved and issued with a visa without the CN becoming current. I have heard/read of some CPers whose CNs are not yet current but have been interviewed, they however have not been issued with any visa, they are currently in AP until the CNs become current.
CEAC shows 2022EU12687 has been issued a visa on 01/14/21 (cutoff for EU for Jan is 10k).

It's a small embassy (Helsinki), at least in DV context. They have just a few cases per year. Probably a genuine mistake on their part. However, it got a lot of people riled up.
That certainly explains a lot. Thank you. I just wish people will stop saying they’ve seen or heard of such “cases” as if there’s a whole lot of them that have been approved.

Hello, I have a concern regarding the visa bulletin for the month of February. There is no change in the case number. Why is that? I was selected for the DV lottery (AS5XXX) and I am worried that I might not be able to apply for the process on time.

Hello, I have a concern regarding the visa bulletin for the month of February. There is no change in the case number. Why is that? I was selected for the DV lottery (AS5XXX) and I am worried that I might not be able to apply for the process on time.
See the response provided to a similar question a couple of posts above yours

Hi,
Is this necessary to include tax transcripts for the last two years?
I cannot get my transcripts for 2019, it shows a non-filing letter, even though I filed my tax and received my return

Last edited:
Hi,
Is this necessary to include tax transcripts for the last two years?
I cannot get my transcripts for 2019, it shows a non-filing letter, even though I filed my tax and received my return
It is not absolutely necessary but recommended. As mentioned before, you have to convince VO that you won't be a public charge and including tax transcripts will make that easier. After all, it's all up to you, and I personally think that it shouldn't be much big of a deal if you do not have one for 2019.

This happened to my wife. We contacted the tax assistant program that filled our taxes and their explanation was that
since the refund was so small it is possible they just didn't record it.
You might want to just include a copy of the forms you filled as the best alternative (although that does not prove anything) or follow up with IRS.

Hi mom,
I have an inquiry with regards to missing documents.
My derivative applicant is missing an expired passport with US visa stamps (not related to her current status), I-797 NOA (but has EAD card), and one I-20 (DSO said too old to retrieve data). Is it too risky to send the AOS package without an explanation -- meaning RFE likely?.
I really appreciate the help from this forum (including AOS spreadsheet) and thank you so much for your help.

Hi mom,
I have an inquiry with regards to missing documents.
My derivative applicant is missing an expired passport with US visa stamps (not related to her current status), I-797 NOA (but has EAD card), and one I-20 (DSO said too old to retrieve data). Is it too risky to send the AOS package without an explanation -- meaning RFE likely?.
I really appreciate the help from this forum (including AOS spreadsheet) and thank you so much for your help.
Certainly not risk. Go ahead with your AOS plan.

1. I have not heard/read from any reliable source about any case which has been approved and issued with a visa without the CN becoming current. I have heard/read of some CPers whose CNs are not yet current but have been interviewed, they however have not been issued with any visa, they are currently in AP until the CNs become current. If what you've heard is indeed true, submission or non-submission of the DS260 makes no difference for you as an AOSer - visas do not get put in reserve for AOS based DV cases.
2. Sorry, I'm not into predicting which CNs will or will not become current.
3. You'll have to decide on your own if AOS could be riskier for you or not.

p.s. number your questions if you have more than one per post.
Thanks for your thorough response.

I am 2021 DV lottery winner with case no AS85xx, and I am going to do AOS. I submitted my DS260 in December 2021, yet I did not receive 2NL from KCC. Do I have to wait until I receive 2NL, before sending DV administrative fee? please advise me.

Thank you!

I am 2021 DV lottery winner with case no AS85xx, and I am going to do AOS. I submitted my DS260 in December 2021, yet I did not receive 2NL from KCC. Do I have to wait until I receive 2NL, before sending DV administrative fee? please advise me.

Thank you!
no, you don't have to wait for 2NL to send the DV admin fee.

Thank you!
No you don’t have to wait. You may want to be certain your CN will most likely become current before making the payment since it is non-refundable should your CN end up not being current by the end of the FY.
Be sure to go through the AOS process spreadsheet though to ensure you have an understanding of the DV based AOS process.

Hi, My wife is the DV winner of 2022. We are going to do the AOS process. She has F1 visa and she has university health insurance. I have F2 visa but I don't have any health insurance. Is it compulsory to have health insurance when we file our case? Thank you

Hi, My wife is the DV winner of 2022. We are going to do the AOS process. She has F1 visa and she has university health insurance. I have F2 visa but I don't have any health insurance. Is it compulsory to have health insurance when we file our case? Thank you
Presence or lack of health insurance coverage on its own is not taken into consideration as part of the adjudication process.