• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I mean, I filled out an online form that calculates how much refund I get. then I filled out 1042-s, and sent it to appropriate institution, which I think IRS but I am not sure exactly where. just the regular process foreigners follow in the U.S. I had emailed IRS last summer and they told me I might not be able to track my filing online since I am a foreigner.
The only thing I can tell you at this point is to request the IRS tax transcript by mail then, if you're sure you indeed filed both 2019 and 2020 income taxes (what you're describing does not sound like the annual income tax filing to me). Or go talk to a tax advisor as already advised above.

You can if you like, just be aware KCC has no idea what it is we refer to as the 2NL.

You want want to take a look at the AOS FAQ tab/section of the AOS Process spreadsheet to read up on the 2NL related questions and answers already available there.
Thanks for the reply!
1. I already checked the AOS FAQ sheet, and my $330 fee was cashed. Waiting for the receipt now.
However, I'm just wondering how could KCC email me without my having my email address? (I didn't submit DS260)
1641943050726.png
2. I'm still a student with F1 Visa and no job, is there any recommended document for my financial documents in my I485 package?

Thanks again

Thanks for the reply!
1. I already checked the AOS FAQ sheet, and my $330 fee was cashed. Waiting for the receipt now.
However, I'm just wondering how could KCC email me without my having my email address? (I didn't submit DS260)
View attachment 3262
2. I'm still a student with F1 Visa and no job, is there any recommended document for my financial documents in my I485 package?

Thanks again
They do have your email address, how do you think you entered, and you included your case number with the payment right...

Thanks for the reply!
View attachment 3262

Thanks again
1. In the past, some selectees processing AOS who opted to not submit the DS260 forms have reported receipt of 2NL sent by KCC following the DV administrative fee payment. I have no idea how KCC came about their email address, maybe they connected their information with the email address provided on the eDV registration.
Anyway, my take is anyone who decides to not submit the DS260 form should be prepared to not have the 2NL and shouldn't be stressing about over it, that is what you have knowingly decided to give up on.
2. An I-134 (as already listed on the AOS process spreadsheet). Or a bank account with substantial savings.

1. In the past, some selectees processing AOS who opted to not submit the DS260 forms have reported receipt of 2NL sent by KCC following the DV administrative fee payment. I have no idea how KCC came about their email address, maybe they connected their information with the email address provided on the eDV registration.
Anyway, my take is anyone who decides to not submit the DS260 form should be prepared to not have the 2NL and shouldn't be stressing about over it, that is what you have knowingly decided to give up on.
2. An I-134 (as already listed on the AOS process spreadsheet). Or a bank account with substantial savings.
Thanks for the reply about 2NL and financial documents.
I think I will provide my bank statements as my financial documents. However, do you have an exact amount for "substantial" savings? like above $XXXXX will be good?
Thanks again!

Thanks for the reply about 2NL and financial documents.
I think I will provide my bank statements as my financial documents. However, do you have an exact amount for "substantial" savings? like above $XXXXX will be good?
Thanks again!
Sorry I cannot provide an exact amount, hence my use of the word “substantial”

They do have your email address, how do you think you entered, and you included your case number with the payment right...

This is correct - I have gotten emails from KCC in the past even in years where I didn't win. The only place they could have gotten my email address was from the DV entry. When I won, I got my 2NL by email after sending the check.

This is correct - I have gotten emails from KCC in the past even in years where I didn't win. The only place they could have gotten my email address was from the DV entry. When I won, I got my 2NL by email after sending the check.
I got an email from KCC this morning, “Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter” with an attachment PDF, I take it that’s the 2NL ya’ll referring to?

I haven't taken much notice of 2NL's as I keep seeing they aren't that relevant with AOS cases, does receiving the 2NL mean my case number will be current in next months bulletin or is that wrong?
No it doesn't mean anything like that. It just means that KCC is aware of your intention to adjust your status, and will not process your case any further (unless you tell them you've changed your mind). It's recommended to include your 2NL with your AOS package if you have it.

No it doesn't mean anything like that. It just means that KCC is aware of your intention to adjust your status, and will not process your case any further (unless you tell them you've changed your mind). It's recommended to include your 2NL with your AOS package if you have it.
Got it, cheers!

Hello, I paid the $330 for AOS on the 21 of December 2021 and today I received an email saying thanks for informing the intention of Adjustment from Kentucky. My doubt is that at the beginning of the letter appear a Law firm that I never contract with my name. That is common or is it a mistake?

Attachments

• unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 49
Hello, I paid the $330 for AOS on the 21 of December 2021 and today I received an email saying thanks for informing the intention of Adjustment from Kentucky. My doubt is that at the beginning of the letter appear a Law firm that I never contract with my name. That is common or is it a mistake?
Nope, that is not a common mistake. That is KCC being sloppy!

I just finished watching Simon's newest video, he was spot on with his predictions on today's VB!

They seem to have done away with the Chats with Charlie videos. That's a shame - they were useful for getting advance notice of what was coming up in the bulletin.