• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

I recieved my W2 this week, do you just include 2021 or previous years, and do you download all the forms for that year on the IRS "get transcripts" site (there's 4 sections). I couldn't find specific info on this but I'm sure I read it somewhere clarfying what needs to be sent (just referring to the IRS part, the spread sheet says 1-3 years).
I’m sure the spreadsheet says for W2, 1-3 years. Same with the IRS Tax Transcript 1-3.
You can decide if you want to include just the most recent one year of each document, or for the last 3 years (which includes the most recent year).

I’m sure the spreadsheet says for W2, 1-3 years. Same with the IRS Tax Transcript 1-3.
You can’t decide if you want to include just the most recent one year of each document, or for the last 3 years (which includes the most recent year).
I think my question even confused myself... With the IRS transcripts, there are 4 sections (return transcript etc.,) does "transcripts" refer to all four sections or just one specific transcript from those sections.

I think this may have answered my question?

Last edited:
I have two questions:

1-last year, kcc made all regions current by june. was it due to the fact that consulates could not arrange enough intervies? my case number this year is eu26xxx, and unless my number goes current earlier, it will be risky for me given AOS takes some time.

2-I moved to the US with f-1 visa in 2019, and I filed tax returns for both 2019 and 2020. while it turned out that I was supposed to get some money back, I never got, and I could not figure out why. it is possible that my files never reached out to the state. when visit the website for IRS transcripts, the site just returns an error. I am afraid this will jeopardize my AOS process, even though I did not owe any money. do I have to present IRS transcipts as financial evidence?

I have two questions:

1-last year, kcc made all regions current by june. was it due to the fact that consulates could not arrange enough intervies? my case number this year is eu26xxx, and unless my number goes current earlier, it will be risky for me given AOS takes some time.

2-I moved to the US with f-1 visa in 2019, and I filed tax returns for both 2019 and 2020. while it turned out that I was supposed to get some money back, I never got, and I could not figure out why. it is possible that my files never reached out to the state. when visit the website for IRS transcripts, the site just returns an error. I am afraid this will jeopardize my AOS process, even though I did not owe any money. do I have to present IRS transcipts as financial evidence?
1 - if you look at the last year tracker, you’ll see that even June winners got their GCs by the end of the 2021 fiscal year;
2 - contact IRS asap and try to resolve the problem. Also W-2 forms should work too.

Last edited:
I have two questions:

1. Regions go current when there's an assumption that there are enough visas available for the rest of the FY, which is what happened last year, not necessarily because consulates could not arrange enough interviews. There have been other years when the VB went current for all the regions (prior to COVID-19) with all the embassies actively working.
2. You might want to review what you did to confirm you actually filed the required tax returns as applicable to you. How did you file? Paper filing? Which form(s) did you fill?

Hi guys,
I want to pay the DV fee but I am a little confused on what to put on the part of pay to the order of. I would appreciate any input.
Thanks

1. Regions go current when there's an assumption that there are enough visas available for the rest of the FY, which is what happened last year, not necessarily because consulates could not arrange enough interviews. There have been other years when the VB went current for all the regions (prior to COVID-19) with all the embassies actively working.
2. You might want to review what you did to confirm you actually filed the required tax returns as applicable to you. How did you file? Paper filing? Which form(s) did you fill?
Thanks. yeah I understand that. according to simon, the cutoffs are just based on demand which consists of documents processed and has nothing to do with how active consulates are. I suspect VB takes into consideration that, and wanted to get others' opinion. some also say that last year they made all regions current very early because they wanted at least AOS people to make it work.

I did paper filing. I am not sure which forms did I file, I mean I did something with w2 but this part is obvious I guess.

Thanks. yeah I understand that. according to simon, the cutoffs are just based on demand which consists of documents processed and has nothing to do with how active consulates are. I suspect VB takes into consideration that, and wanted to get others' opinion. some also say that last year they made all regions current very early because they wanted at least AOS people to make it work.

I did paper filing. I am not sure which forms did I file, I mean I did something with w2 but this part is obvious I guess.
Considering regions have gone current before pre COVID-19 like I already explained, I don’t believe going current in 2021 was for the purpose of boosting AOSers’ chances. People with little to no understanding of the process say all sorts of things or speculations.

You did not keep a copy of the form(s) you sent in? Oh well.

Considering regions have gone current before pre COVID-19 like I already explained, I don’t believe going current in 2021 was for the purpose of boosting AOSers’ chances. People with little to no understanding of the process say all sorts of things or speculations.

You did not keep a copy of the form(s) you sent in? Oh well.
I found out I filled out 1042-S. I need to spend a bit of time on my computer to find those lol. anyhow, it seems like I need to figure this out before too late. thanks for the response. given I am eu26xxx, i might not go current at all anyway.

I found out I filled out 1042-S. I need to spend a bit of time on my computer to find those lol. anyhow, it seems like I need to figure this out before too late. thanks for the response. given I am eu26xxx, i might not go current at all anyway.
You sure you filled and mailed a 1042-S out to the IRS for income tax filing? How is that possible considering form 1042-S is used by a withholding agent to report on payments made to foreign persons? Yeah, you indeed need to spend some time to figure things out.

Dear members,
I have started the procedures with DOS for the concession of the waiver for J1 of the two years of residence. Now reviewing in USCIS I see that there is an I612 form to request the waiver for J1 and I have had many doubts. Of TWO they still have not answered anything, they have only charged the Fee. Although my number is EU25 *** my DS2019 ends in July. My question is if, in addition to starting the procedures with DOS, I should perform the I612. Thanks

Hi
Congratulation!!!
Would you mind sharing the non-immigration status and the birth of country of your husband?
I think we have a very similar background as yours.
It will be useful if we have the information.
Thanks!
Thanks! My husband and I are both F1 students and we have the same country of birth.

Last edited:
Hello guys,
I know it's fine to file AOS package without 2NL included.
However, If I didn't submit DS260, could I still write an Email to KCC for the 2NL?
Thanks!

You sure you filled and mailed a 1042-S out to the IRS for income tax filing? How is that possible considering form 1042-S is used by a withholding agent to report on payments made to foreign persons? Yeah, you indeed need to spend some time to figure things out.
I mean, I filled out an online form that calculates how much refund I get. then I filled out 1042-s, and sent it to appropriate institution, which I think IRS but I am not sure exactly where. just the regular process foreigners follow in the U.S. I had emailed IRS last summer and they told me I might not be able to track my filing online since I am a foreigner.

I mean, I filled out an online form that calculates how much refund I get. then I filled out 1042-s, and sent it to appropriate institution, which I think IRS but I am not sure exactly where. just the regular process foreigners follow in the U.S. I had emailed IRS last summer and they told me I might not be able to track my filing online since I am a foreigner.
May be you should talk with a tax advisor.

Hello guys,
I know it's fine to file AOS package without 2NL included.
However, If I didn't submit DS260, could I still write an Email to KCC for the 2NL?
Thanks!
You can if you like, just be aware KCC has no idea what it is we refer to as the 2NL.

You want want to take a look at the AOS FAQ tab/section of the AOS Process spreadsheet to read up on the 2NL related questions and answers already available there.