Waiting Asylum decision

Good afternoon everyone! I haven’t posted here for a while. Some updates: after 3.5 years of waiting, we still haven’t received our decision after we completed our interview, however, we received a letter from an immigration court with the date of our scheduled Master Hearing! My family isn’t upset, and our date is coming up pretty soon. Now, my boyfriend proposed to me, and I said yes! He is a US citizen, and we decided to apply for adjustment of status filling the forms I-485 and I-130. Now, on the form I-485 they ask what my immigration status is and if I’ve ever been into removal proceedings. Since my family’s case has a master hearing coming up, what is my status exactly if I’m not the one who filed the case? I’m a dependent child. Will I have to attend the master hearing after my soon to be husband and I apply for a green card based on our marriage? Thank you everyone!

Good afternoon everyone! I haven’t posted here for a while. Some updates: after 3.5 years of waiting, we still haven’t received our decision after we completed our interview, however, we received a letter from an immigration court with the date of our scheduled Master Hearing! My family isn’t upset, and our date is coming up pretty soon. Now, my boyfriend proposed to me, and I said yes! He is a US citizen, and we decided to apply for adjustment of status filling the forms I-485 and I-130. Now, on the form I-485 they ask what my immigration status is and if I’ve ever been into removal proceedings. Since my family’s case has a master hearing coming up, what is my status exactly if I’m not the one who filed the case? I’m a dependent child. Will I have to attend the master hearing after my soon to be husband and I apply for a green card based on our marriage? Thank you everyone!
If you’re over 18 you have to attend the master hearing and you can ask the DHS and the judge for PD so they can close your deportation proceedings and apply for i485 through your future husband! It will take some time tho

If you’re over 18 you have to attend the master hearing and you can ask the DHS and the judge for PD so they can close your deportation proceedings and apply for i485 through your future husband! It will take some time tho do
I thought that after I submit everything based on marriage I will be withdrawn from my moms case of course after notifying the immigration court.

I thought that after I submit everything based on marriage I will be withdrawn from my moms case of course after notifying the immigration court.
You can’t apply for GC with the USCIS from the start until the judge and the DHS attorney agree to close your case at the court! USCIS wouldn’t proceed any application for ya related to GC until your removal proceedings get closed first!

You can’t apply for GC with the USCIS from the start until the judge and the DHS attorney agree to close your case at the court! USCIS wouldn’t proceed any application for ya related to GC until your removal proceedings get closed first!
I think I better talk to my attorney again. She said that I do not need to do anything since I’m a dependent and technically I don’t have my case just yet. Thanks.

I have a quick question, My case still pending for decision, but in my case history in my online account exactly a day after interview shows that interview has been scheduled for example interview was on May 11 and on May 12 mentioned interview has been scheduled instead of has been completed interview, I think their system might be Not updated, right?

I have a quick question, My case still pending for decision, but in my case history in my online account exactly a day after interview shows that interview has been scheduled for example interview was on May 11 and on May 12 mentioned interview has been scheduled instead of has been completed interview, I think their system might be Not updated, right?
Yeah that’s normal at all and happened with all of us

Thank you for your reply and for the good vibes! I am just worried because I also read the travel history usually disappears if the case is approved, but mine is still there. It's only been a very short time since my interview, so I guess it's way too early for this to be updated...

thank you, and congratulations to you too, by the way!
What do you mean about travel history become disappear if the case is approved? Do you mean
I 94 information? Or travel history in the I 94?

I guess i-94 info. Like for how long you can stay that date will disappear. Not 100% though
I see, thank you. For me currently I 94 date still is there but I can not see any travel history. It shows “no record for traveler found” I think in it can give travel history for just the last 5 years not more than that, not sure!

Last edited:
I see, thank you. For me currently I 94 date still is there but I can not see any travel history. It shows “no record for traveler found” I think in it can give travel history for just the last 5 years not more than that, not sure!
Ya travel history i guess no one can see. Until they mail you!