Waiting Asylum decision

Good day all . I just want to let everyone one know that I got my letter today after 5 days and it’s an approval.after a 5 years wait. I want to thank this community and I wish everyone waiting would get a good news soon.
Congratulations! can you please share your timeline if you don't mind.

You have to visit the closest social security office near to you and show them the approval letter and you will get unrestricted SSN
You don't have to go in person. Print your application form online and post it.They will issue it and post it to u. That's what I did

I am an affirmative asylum applicant on a student visa. Chicago office. I am attaching my case history (it includes weird dates that are not even here yet, and it's all very random).

- The interview was actually two weeks ago (September 14th).
- Decision was shown "mailed" on Tuesday September 21st, (yes, only 1 week later!!! ) after the status was "fees waived" on the same day!
- As I checked my case, the application title had changed from "I-589 Application for Asylum" to " I-765 Application for Employment Authorization" and I didn't do anything at all.

I don't have even an EAD (being on a F1 Visa) and I didn't apply for one yet because I submitted my application only 90 days ago, well before I would be allowed to apply for one while the application is pending. Now I am just waiting for the mail - not sure if my lawyer will get it before I do because they are closer to the asylum office.

Is this good news? My travel history is still showing so maybe it's a no? Or is it too early for such info to be updated anyway? I know I have a very solid application with overwhelming evidence, and the interview went really well. I am just worried and pacing.

Much love and good vibes to all of you!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 10.20.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-24 at 10.20.25 AM.png
    343.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I am an affirmative asylum applicant on a student visa. Chicago office. I am attaching my case history (it includes weird dates that are not even here yet, and it's all very random). The interview was actually two weeks ago (September 14th), and the decision was shown "mailed" on Tuesday September 21st, (yes, only 1 week later!!! ) after the status was "fees waived" - I don't have even an EAD (being on a F1 Visa) and I didn't apply for one yet because I submitted my application only 90 days ago. Now I am just waiting for the mail - not sure if my lawyer will get it before I do because they are closer to the asylum office.

Is this good news? My travel history is still showing so maybe it's a no? Or is it too early for such info to be updated anyway? I know I have a very solid application with overwhelming evidence, and the interview went really well. I am just worried and pacing.

Congratulations you are approved! Enjoy your day

Congratulations you are approved! Enjoy your day
Thank you for your reply and for the good vibes! I am just worried because I also read the travel history usually disappears if the case is approved, but mine is still there. It's only been a very short time since my interview, so I guess it's way too early for this to be updated...

thank you, and congratulations to you too, by the way!

I am an affirmative asylum applicant on a student visa. Chicago office. I am attaching my case history (it includes weird dates that are not even here yet, and it's all very random).

- The interview was actually two weeks ago (September 14th).
- Decision was shown "mailed" on Tuesday September 21st, (yes, only 1 week later!!! ) after the status was "fees waived" on the same day!
- As I checked my case, the application title had changed from "I-589 Application for Asylum" to " I-765 Application for Employment Authorization" and I didn't do anything at all.

I don't have even an EAD (being on a F1 Visa) and I didn't apply for one yet because I submitted my application only 90 days ago, well before I would be allowed to apply for one while the application is pending. Now I am just waiting for the mail - not sure if my lawyer will get it before I do because they are closer to the asylum office.

man, it's an approval. I'm so jealous :(

Thank you for your reply and for the good vibes! I am just worried because I also read the travel history usually disappears if the case is approved, but mine is still there. It's only been a very short time since my interview, so I guess it's way too early for this to be updated...

thank you, and congratulations to you too, by the way!
Thanks once you get the approval letter in 3-4 days go get unrestricted SSN and you will get DL for 4 years instead of 2

Hello
I hope everyone is in good health.

I have a master hearing coming up in 3 months and in eoir system it shows visiting judge

What does that mean? I have a friend who got assigned 2 months before his master hearing the name of the judge

Any ideas please

Thank you

I created account on USCIS and no case history and when I am checking the case the decision is still pending ! Is that normal?
use this page and login.