Waiting Asylum decision

Hi,

I'm an asylee (Affirmative asylum case) and my case was submitted to USCIS on 26th August 2021. After 10 days, I received Receipt Notice and then after another 10 days, I received my biometrics Notice.

My biometrics were completed yesterday. My question is whether I can apply for Employment Authorization Document (EAD) / Work permit now or I will have to wait a whole year (From the date my case was first submitted to USCIS).

Thanks.
I think you should wait 365 days. All the informations are given in the i-765 application :)

Congratulations and it’s an approval.

When you checked your status online before it changed to fees waived was it “application pending” or “decision pending” ?
Thank you i can’t wait to get it mailed. How long does it normally takes for me to get the mail??

Hi,

I'm an asylee (Affirmative asylum case) and my case was submitted to USCIS on 26th August 2021. After 10 days, I received Receipt Notice and then after another 10 days, I received my biometrics Notice.

My biometrics were completed yesterday. My question is whether I can apply for Employment Authorization Document (EAD) / Work permit now or I will have to wait a whole year (From the date my case was first submitted to USCIS).

Thanks.
Hello @leo, you are an Asylum applicant not an Asylee. You can only be an Asylee once you have been granted an Asylum’ Please note. You will have to wait 365 days from the date on your receipt notice to apply for Employment Authorization.
Wishing you best of luck.

Me too i filed for asylum in 2018 and had my interview in July 2018, my application has been pending until now, i tried going through congress man 2 times and all i get is my case is still pending.
When i call the USCIS number i dont hear the exact number of days, it poses and then says days.

Hi. What is your current online status? "Application Pending" or "Decision Pending"?

hello friends l apply for asylum in new york l went to fingherprint at 17 nowember2020. l didnt get interview yet it is been 10 month isit taht normal process anybody knows abouts newyork asylum interviews process. how often they are working

Congratulations and it’s an approval.

When you checked your status online before it changed to fees waived was it “application pending” or “decision pending” ?
Good day all . I just want to let everyone one know that I got my letter today after 5 days and it’s an approval.after a 5 years wait. I want to thank this community and I wish everyone waiting would get a good news soon.

Good day all I am new to this group.

Hello everyone, my status changed on 13th of this month this morning from "decision is pending" to fees were waived and "decision was mailed". How long would it take for me to get the mailed letter??

Here is my timeline:
Asylum Application received date 05/06/2017
Biometric Appointment 06/07/2017

interview 05/08/2021
I submitted originally at Newark office NJ but had my interview in Manhattan NYC were I live. I can’t wait for the letter to come , and going by all i have been reading here it seems it’s an approval for me and my interview really went well even though I had to submit more supporting documents to the asylum officer via mail 5 days after the interview.

View attachment 3019
Yessss. I finally got my asylum approval letter last night. Thank you all and pray you all get yours too!!!

hello friends l apply for asylum in new york l went to fingherprint at 17 nowember2020. l didnt get interview yet it is been 10 month isit taht normal process anybody knows abouts newyork asylum interviews process. how often they are working
I did mine in New York and I had to wait for 5 years and I got interviewed last month and got approval letter yesterday. But with this new government, they are faster with processing backlogs. You should get called soon . Wish you all the best!!

Hello, community,
I have a pending case, I just created an uscis account I tried to add my case to follow up but it's not letting me do it. Is it possible to add case with an asylum receipt number?
My case was transferred from Houston to New Orleans, do you know the processing time for the New Orleans sub office?

It’s really A shame that one woman has the power to block the immigration reform . I am deeply disappointed in the Parliamentarian's decision, but the fight for immigration reform will continue,
It was expected!!! We all know the republicans and law makers except democrats will never accept to give GC for DACA or TPS or essential workers otherwise anyone will come to the borders or with valid visa in the future will stay illegal and hoping to get in the same route and that will never happen !!! Honestly i think it’s the best time for anyone now to try to fix their immigration issues cause once trump or any other republican president coming back in 2024 they will be toughest than ever on illegal and legal immigrants ( you will see millions of deportations every month to the people who got rejected also in the immigration courts) and that’s how trump managed to get that love from the American people by only speaking sh*t about immigrants and we all know biden and democrats have zero chance to keep the White House or the senate after they messed up everything in the country right now

It was expected!!! We all know the republicans and law makers except democrats will never accept to give GC for DACA or TPS or essential workers otherwise anyone will come to the borders or with valid visa in the future will stay illegal and hoping to get in the same route and that will never happen !!! Honestly i think it’s the best time for anyone now to try to fix their immigration issues cause once trump or any other republican president coming back in 2024 they will be toughest than ever on illegal and legal immigrants ( you will see millions of deportations every month to the people who got rejected also in the immigration courts) and that’s how trump managed to get that love from the American people by only speaking sh*t about immigrants and we all know biden and democrats have zero chance to keep the White House or the senate after they messed up everything in the country right now
You are right!. But I don’t see republicans winning again . Democrats would not let that happen plus the last republican president was a joke and I don’t think Americans would vote for him again or anyone coming under republicans.

Now that my asylum is approved do I need to apply for another SSN part from thr one I have already?. Cos a Freind is telling me I have to apply for an unrestricted social security number. And again as my EAD was waived. Does that mean they would not provide me with a new one as I already paid for a renewal before my asylum was granted

You are right!. But I don’t see republicans winning again . Democrats would not let that happen plus the last republican president was a joke and I don’t think Americans would vote for him again or anyone coming under republicans.
Are you joking me?? Democrats messed up more than anyone could imagine? Do you see the news? Gas prices up,highest inflation since 30 years ago, Afghinstan crisis ,border crisis!! There is not even one thing democrats did it right so they gonna lose everything for sure start of 2022 senate and house elections! Most of Americans are republicans just to let you know! Trump was a disaster but now after democrats blew up their chances all who voted for biden will turn back to trump or other republican! Next president is 100000% will be republican and will hit harder than anyone think on the immigration

Now that my asylum is approved do I need to apply for another SSN part from thr one I have already?. Cos a Freind is telling me I have to apply for an unrestricted social security number. And again as my EAD was waived. Does that mean they would not provide me with a new one as I already paid for a renewal before my asylum was granted
You have to visit the closest social security office near to you and show them the approval letter and you will get unrestricted SSN