• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello again Mom,

Would you mind adding this link on my behalf (regarding our interview experience) to the spreadsheet for me please?.....before it gets lost in the feed. :)

Also, could you please add our Card Production Ordered Date as 07/21/2021?

Thank you and I will update you with the remainder of the dates once received.
Timeline spreadsheet updated (still missing "Status" you applied from though).

Thanks for confirming. Not sure why you decided to list yourself as 'ab' though. It is a lot easier for users to cross reference and support one another when forum ID matches what is on the spreadsheet
I entered to excel first then joined the forum later. I wasn't sure names were matching, also forum didn't accept 2 chars as a member name since that is not unique :)

Q. Is it common for an Interview to be scheduled BEFORE the BIO as we get close to the end of FY?

Background -

Late last week I was notified via USPS Informed Delivery that a letter is on its way from USCIS (Field Office mailing address in NY)

Today I was notified that a letter is on its way from USCIS (National Benefits Center mailing address in MO)

I am out of town until early August so unfortunately can't access the mail yet :(

I understand from Tab 12 of the AOS Spreadsheet that the NBC schedules BIO appointments and the Field Office schedules Interviews (screen shot below).

When I saw the first letter notification last week, I contacted a live agent via EMMA to confirm if my BIO has been scheduled (they confirmed it was scheduled for 8/16).

When I saw the second letter notification today, I contacted a live agent via EMMA again to check if my Interview has been scheduled (they could not see an Interview scheduled, and told me they are not scheduled before the BIO).

So now I am wondering why I have two letters arriving from two different USCIS addresses if only my BIO appt is scheduled.

Does USCIS send a letter if you asked for a Tier 2 callback by any chance?
(I did that last week and was told it would take up to 30 days).

Or could Tier 1 agents on EMMA not be able to see scheduled Interviews if the letter only recently went out?
If anyone has received an Interview notice before their BIO, I may need to get a neighbor to scan these letters to me so I can double check if I need to get back to NY earlier than planned... was hoping I could rely on the EMMA live agents having access to this info though!

View attachment 2818
I received my biometric and interview letters from NBC at the same day.

Congratulations on getting your GC. Contact EMMA or call the USCIS 1800 number and request a tier 2 assistance with getting update on your daughter’s GC.

p.s. do add your timeline to the the timeline spreadsheet. The info will be useful to those currently waiting and future DV based AOSers. Thanks.
I will call tomorrow. I will also fill out the sheet.

It depends.
1. Are you currently in the US? If yes, what visa status are you on?
2. Have you been listed as DQ for CP?
Thanks for your answer and time

No. I am not but I can fly tomorrow if I will be able to make it. I have a valid B1/B2 visa.
No. I am not DQ.
CP is taking so long so I am concern I will not make it
Planning to go to New Orleans to do AOS if I learn is possible.

Regards

Thanks for your answer and time

No. I am not but I can fly tomorrow if I will be able to make it. I have a valid B1/B2 visa.
No. I am not DQ.
CP is taking so long so I am concern I will not make it
Planning to go to New Orleans to do AOS if I learn is possible.

Regards
Since you are not currently in the US, you are not eligible to file for AOS. Entering the US on a NIV with the preconceived intent of filing AOS is considered a fraudulent use of the NIV.

Hi @ysss any update on interview ? Did these guys tell you anything about further process ?
I did ask someone at the front desk and he didn't seem to know anything about the DV process. he said that my interview will be scheduled after the bio is processed, and told me to call customer service to ask for expedited processing. not very helpful! will wait a couple of days

Hello mom, I received my biometric letter today. Along with the appointment letter i received another form Applicant's Information Worksheet(AIW). Does everybody receive it along with the biometric appointment letter? Is it normal? What does this mean?
I saw your response to this mom, that this is normal - is this something that needs to be filled out by the applicant or do they fill that out for you when you go there and do the biometrics?

I saw your response to this mom, that this is normal - is this something that needs to be filled out by the applicant or do they fill that out for you when you go there and do the biometrics?
Hi, I just did biometrics today at Seattle ASC/FO. We were expected to fill out the AIW or else when we reach the front of the line, we will be asked to fill it out and go back to the end of the line.

Also, just want to share my biometrics experience today.
I arrived at the ASC at 11.30 and my appointment was at 12. I lined up and reached the security at about 11.45. My husband, whose appointment was at 1, came with me but he was asked to wait outside while the security asked me to go inside and asked the officers if my husband can do biometrics together with me. But to ask that question to the officers, I had to lined up for about 30mins. After I got the OK, I had to go outside again, call my husband and line up again. In total, everything took about 1.5 hour, only 15 mins for the actual biometrics.

Hi all, happy Mondays :)

Has anyone of you filed I-131 & I-765 simultaneously with your I-485 application and got advanced parole/employment authorization? I submitted these documents in case I needed to travel abroad due to an emergency.

I got my NOA on June 24, and no Bio yet. I have done expedited request, and they ask me to wait for 45 days, as I explained before. When I chat with them, they said just wait for that time, and that is the only information they have. Will Congressional inquiry help, in this case to get some idea. I know waiting is the option we have, but I am little worried as the waiting has been already a month for Bio.