IR5 entry from India for parents

@ppreethi , Thanks for responding.
On point #1, you mentioned "I checked ustraveldocs and rescheduled when the category for expired visa opened up", when did they open for expired visas specifically? Right now also we can take appointments online but they don't mention that it is specifically for expired visas.
Or did you just take an appointment for IR5 category. That I can see is available. Can you please confirm.

@ppreethi , Thanks for responding.
On point #1, you mentioned "I checked ustraveldocs and rescheduled when the category for expired visa opened up", when did they open for expired visas specifically? Right now also we can take appointments online but they don't mention that it is specifically for expired visas.
Or did you just take an appointment for IR5 category. That I can see is available. Can you please confirm.
On page 3 of this thread, someone posted this screenshot..i picked the same, when i logged in this is how it looked and there was a question- did ur visa expire due to covid-answered yes and then it went into calendar...if open u can schedule.
hope this helps.

1625325166559.png

On page 3 of this thread, someone posted this screenshot..i picked the same, when i logged in this is how it looked and there was a question- did ur visa expire due to covid-answered yes and then it went into calendar...if open u can schedule.
hope this helps.

View attachment 2727
When I go to the website, here is what I see:
1625341105133.png
after this they ask about the communication from the embassy.

1625341134343.png

If you click on "Yes", it takes you to the interview scheduling calendar. If you click "No", it says contact helpdesk.

What should I do?

I think it was in the first step itself--where it says "visa type", there if u choose expired visa, then you will see the expired visa category.

Parents expired IR5 visa interview on 7th July. They got the updated medical reports but PCC is still in process. PCC is taking ages! Worried we might not get the updated PCC before the appt. I tried rescheduling their appointment but system says no other appointment available. If i cancel the appt not sure about the next appt. Any advise?

I think it was in the first step itself--where it says "visa type", there if u choose expired visa, then you will see the expired visa category.
Preethi thanks a lot for your updates. We are senior citizens whose immigration visa date of entry got expired in may 2019.
Now following your post we have got our appointment scheduled on 26 of july. we have our latest Medical report and PCC.

my question is is it necessary to get finger prints done again. we are from hyderabad. Any one who have an answer for this pls reply.
thank you

Preethi thanks a lot for your updates. We are senior citizens whose immigration visa date of entry got expired in may 2019.
Now following your post we have got our appointment scheduled on 26 of july. we have our latest Medical report and PCC.

my question is is it necessary to get finger prints done again. we are from hyderabad. Any one who have an answer for this pls reply.
thank you
No, my parents did not have to do fingerprints again. They had to do the medical and PCC only. Good luck!

How to know if you visa expired? I filed IR5 for parent in Sept 2018, DQ on Jan 24, 2020, interview cancelled May 17, 2021.

How to know if you visa expired? I filed IR5 for parent in Sept 2018, DQ on Jan 24, 2020, interview cancelled May 17, 2021.
if it was never issued, then it does not apply. If they attended interview and were issued a visa, expiry date is listed on it, usually 6 months from date of medicals.

thank yo

Fingerprints are valid for 15 months from the date of processing

Last edited:
Parents expired IR5 visa interview on 7th July. They got the updated medical reports but PCC is still in process. PCC is taking ages! Worried we might not get the updated PCC before the appt. I tried rescheduling their appointment but system says no other appointment available. If i cancel the appt not sure about the next appt. Any advise?
I must be missing something here as I do not get an option for scheduling interview for an expired visa type.
while scheduling interview, in step 3, under visa category, I am selecting the first option: "All immigrants or diversity visas". It has all types including including IR1/2, CR1/2, IR5. I can see an appointment date if I select this option. Any advise from anyone will be really appreciated. Thanks.

I just scheduled an appointment for my parents. It seems early August dates at Mumbai consulate have some open slots.

When you go to schedule an appointment, first pick CONSULATE APPOINTMENTS option. Then you will see another option for Expired Visas including IR5

1A. Embassy did not contact us. I checked ustraveldocs and rescheduled when the category for expired visa opened up.
2A. For medical, the confirmation was the old DS260, but the hospital needed the new appointment letter.
3A. Yes, my parents paid cash.
4A. They did, unsure if the rule changed to 2 yr validity for PCC. This time around it took 2 weeks to get the letter. what did you mean by saying the hospital needed the new appointment letter. What appointment letter are your referring to? You mean the confirmation email for the medical appointment? Please confirm. Thankswhat did you mean by saying the hospital needed the new appointment letter. What appointment letter are your referring to? You mean the confirmation email for the medical appointment? Please confirm. Thanks
what did you mean by saying the hospital needed the new appointment letter. What appointment letter are your referring to? You mean the confirmation email for the medical appointment? Please confirm. Thanks

what did you mean by saying the hospital needed the new appointment letter. What appointment letter are your referring to? You mean the confirmation email for the medical appointment? Please confirm. Thanks
the consulate appointment letter, the email you get when you pick a time slot on UStraveldocs.

I just scheduled an appointment for my parents. It seems early August dates at Mumbai consulate have some open slots.

When you go to schedule an appointment, first pick CONSULATE APPOINTMENTS option. Then you will see another option for Expired Visas including IR5
I don't see option for Expired IR5. Can you please advise? Thank you!

Attachments

• Category.PNG
    Category.PNG
    37.4 KB · Views: 5
I must be missing something here as I do not get an option for scheduling interview for an expired visa type.
while scheduling interview, in step 3, under visa category, I am selecting the first option: "All immigrants or diversity visas". It has all types including including IR1/2, CR1/2, IR5. I can see an appointment date if I select this option. Any advise from anyone will be really appreciated. Thanks.
try selecting Embassy/Consulate appointments.

Parents went for expired IR5 visa interview today. They have not received an updated PCC yet. Consulate is now allowing PCC validity up to 2 years. Unfortunately one of the parent's PCC was older than 2 years so they were asked to send the updated PCC via dropbox post which they'll reissue the visa.