• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I am a DV 2021 winner with a case number released for June 2021. I send them $330 visa processing fee, three weeks ago. I follow the letter they send to me, which gave me the amount and address, but I did not know, I should send the envelope to have the receipt back. As I am waiting for that receipt to submit my I485 (and is being late), do you have any suggestion to obtain the receipt in my case? I try to contact KCC DV center but they are not receiving a phone and not responding my Email for a long.

In addition, now, I found the form name adjustment of the status mail form, which says we need to pay $ 440 per person. As I already sent the $330 processing fee, do I need to pay that $440? I thought as we already paid $330 for DV processing, next we just need to pay with I485. Could you please help me understand this?

Last edited:
Not really, I like the customer service at FedEx better than USPS. I never had a bad experience there compared to the USPS close to my apartment. I don't know about the others but FedEx has always been my preferred method of shipping when it comes to mailing important documents/parcel. I just trust their service more.
Dear Ishmog;

Congratulations on your success process so far. I have some questions regarding the process you have gone through, could you please help me understand the following:
1: I am a 2021 winner and my case number is released for June. I sent a $330 diversity visa processing fee, I found another form adjustment of status form, which asks for $440 per person (see attached). I am really confused with these two different amounts. Could you please make me clear that the $330 I sent is enough or not? I believe I need to pay around $1200 with my I485 in the next step. Could you please suggest to me if I have missed something?

Attachments

• Adjustment of Status Mail Form.pdf
    38.6 KB · Views: 28
Dear Ishmog;

Congratulations on your success process so far. I have some questions regarding the process you have gone through, could you please help me understand the following:
1: I am a 2021 winner and my case number is released for June. I sent a $330 diversity visa processing fee, I found another form adjustment of status form, which asks for $440 per person (see attached). I am really confused with these two different amounts. Could you please make me clear that the $330 I sent is enough or not? I believe I need to pay around $1200 with my I485 in the next step. Could you please suggest to me if I have missed something?
I'm sorry but where did you even find this form? The only fees you have to pay are a $330 administrative fee and a $1225 filing fee. Also, KCC can email you the receipt if you did not include a self-addressed stamped envelope.

I'm sorry but where did you even find this form? The only fees you have to pay are a $330 administrative fee and a $1225 filing fee. Also, KCC can email you the receipt if you did not include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
That's a relief. Thank you so much. Actually, I checked my email a couple of days ago and I came to know that they send it attached with the letter ( see attached). Now, I think the person who send me the Email attached a wrong form (might be a old one). I was really scared about it. Just want to make sure, to send I485 we need the receipt for that $330 right?

One more thing, I am confused is, what is the second letter in our case ? ( I mean the person who doing ADOS with DV)

This was really helpful. Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 11.35.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 11.35.14 PM.png
    227.6 KB · Views: 43
Dear Ishmog;

I can tell you for sure this form IS a mistake. I got the same confusing email from KCC so I came here to ask. I also clarified with KCC. The correct fees are as listed by @raphael1899.

AOS Packet Assembly question:
1. In what order and grouping should I assemble the packet for 2 adults?
I read the USCIS instruction and also the lockbox tip but they are not clear.

a. G-1450 (Primary and Derivative I-484 fees and bio combined $2450)
b. G-1145 (Primary)
c. I-485 (Primary) and applicable evidence including I-693 envelope.
(This is where it gets confusing to me)
d. I-765 (Primary) and applicable evidence.
f. I-313 (Primary) and applicable evidence.
g. G-1145 (Derivative)
h. I-485 (Derivative) and applicable evidence including I-693 envelope.
i. I-765 (Derivative) and applicable evidence.
j. I-313 (Derivative) and applicable evidence.

2. How do I group them in envelopes? The USCIS filing tip calls for use of envelopes and marking with the nature of the submission and form number. Do I put each form in separate envelopes or can I group them for example:
Envelope 1 (Primary) with a-f with marking "Original Submission Form I-485, I-693, I-765, I-313"
Envelope 2 (Derivative) with g-j with marking "Original Submission Form I-485, I-693, I-765, I-313"

3. If the packet does not fit in a USPS envelope, can I send it in a medium-size box? Does Lockbox accept it?

Thank you.

That's a relief. Thank you so much. Actually, I checked my email a couple of days ago and I came to know that they send it attached with the letter ( see attached). Now, I think the person who send me the Email attached a wrong form (might be a old one). I was really scared about it. Just want to make sure, to send I485 we need the receipt for that $330 right?

One more thing, I am confused is, what is the second letter in our case ? ( I mean the person who doing ADOS with DV)

This was really helpful. Thank you so much.
All you need to do and include in your AOS package is listed in the first post of this AOS2021 thread (spreadsheet)
Feel free to review the spreadsheet and you’ll be fine

On form I-485, if I write "N/A" in the box for A-Number, it applies to the A-Number box on the upper right-hand corner of every page. Is this what I'm supposed to do?

Good evening Mom!

I am filling out I485 for my family, and there are questions:
1) Do I have to fill out Form I485 for minor children (I have two children, 11 years old and 1.8 years old) or is there another form for children (or maybe I don't need to fill out anything)?
2) the vaccination passport is also indicated in the list of documents that must be carried with you to undergo a medical examination. Unfortunately, I do not have it, although I received all the mandatory vaccinations in my country.
What do i do? What documents or proof can I replace my vaccination passport?

Thank you for your attention, Mom!

Good evening Mom!

1) Do I have to fill out Form I485 for minor children (I have two children, 11 years old and 1.8 years old) or is there another form for children (or maybe I don't need to fill out anything)?
2) the vaccination passport is also indicated in the list of documents that must be carried with you to undergo a medical examination. Unfortunately, I do not have it, although I received all the mandatory vaccinations in my country.

1- each child needs a form I-485 separately and a fee of $750
2- if you do not have your vaccination record, you need to do a titer test through your medical examiner to prove your previous vaccination or to take all the vaccines again before the submission of your medical examination form I-693 to USCIS

Good evening Mom!

And another question arose, Mom, I apologize:
How am I supposed to fill in part 10 in I485 for minor children if I, their parent, and not themselves, filled it in I485?

Thanks for your hard work, Mom!

1- each child needs a form I-485 separately and a fee of $750
2- if you do not have your vaccination record, you need to do a titer test through your medical examiner to prove your previous vaccination or to take all the vaccines again before the submission of your medical examination form I-693 to USCIS
Thank you! Good luck with everything!
But to get all the vaccinations at once, I think it's life-threatening:)

AOS Packet Assembly question:
1. In what order and grouping should I assemble the packet for 2 adults?
I read the USCIS instruction and also the lockbox tip but they are not clear.

a. G-1450 (Primary and Derivative I-484 fees and bio combined $2450)
b. G-1145 (Primary)
c. I-485 (Primary) and applicable evidence including I-693 envelope.
(This is where it gets confusing to me)
d. I-765 (Primary) and applicable evidence.
f. I-313 (Primary) and applicable evidence.
g. G-1145 (Derivative)
h. I-485 (Derivative) and applicable evidence including I-693 envelope.
i. I-765 (Derivative) and applicable evidence.
j. I-313 (Derivative) and applicable evidence.
I did use binder clip to separate each applicant. I put each applicants check and photo in a separate letter size envelope and put it on top of each applicant's documents. I would also be interested in knowing if I must have used an envelope to separate the applications instead of binder clips.

Last edited:
But to get all the vaccinations at once, I think it's life-threatening:)
You can always give CS office a call and ask about it. I know you can get some other vaccines at the same day. One exception is if you had been vaccinated for Covid, in which case doctor suggested us to wait 2 weeks before getting other vaccines. And that's just because it's new, maybe in future they say that is ok too.

Good evening Mom!

1. Each applicant is required to have an individual I-485 including a day old baby.
2. Not a problem if you don’t have your vaccination card. The CS will only give you the medically age appropriate vaccines which is about 2 or 3 in this case. Take a look at the “Medical” tab of the AOS process spreadsheet for more on this.

No, OP does not necessarily need to do a titer test ahead of the medical exam if they do not have their vaccine records. And absolutely not true about them being required to take all the vaccines again because of that.

hello @Britsimon @Sm1smom !
I recently got selected for 2021 dv lottery. Please take a look at my profile below:
-Case#: 2021AS———36XX
-From Nepal currently in US in F-1 visa
-Will graduate in August 2020 and then will join a MS program here at US beginning fall 2020 (already accepted)
-current visa expired on 06/05/2020 but passport is active until 2025 and current I-20 valid until 2024
-no criminal records
-good academic performance (gpa 3.5+)
My question is, which one in between AOS and CP would you suggest for my case?
Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks!!
Hi Troy,

I am a selectee from Nepal too. How is your process going on? Just wanted to know how the processing time depends on the Country?