• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello,

I have moved after submitting DS260. Do I need to email KCC to update the address of where my Green Card would be delivered or would I just need to inform them during the interview?

Thank you.

It's USCIS who will handle your GC application. Writing your current address on i-485 and other relevant forms shall suffice.

Hi all,

I went to the USA after finishing IGCSE in grade 10. Then with that IGCSE I was enrolled in a US community college and graduated with an Associate's degree. I then transfer to a US university and got my Bachelor's degree.
So my point is, I never even have a High School degree to start with.
Do you think my Associate's and Bachelor's degrees are good enough?

Thank you!

Dear @Sm1smom ,

I've received another interview letter from NBC dated in March.

The previous one was from my FO in Boston, which is in late February.

I'm assuming I should ignore the second one and attend the February interview.

Am I right? If else, what should I do?

hello everyone,
I just wanted to get some insight on the biometrics appointment. I have seen that many who have filed in October and November are still waiting for their biometric notices which is not reassuring at all. I wanted to know is there a certain waiting time? I know there is a lot of delay but I'm just worried till when this delay is gonna last. thank you everyone

Hi all,

I went to the USA after finishing IGCSE in grade 10. Then with that IGCSE I was enrolled in a US community college and graduated with an Associate's degree. I then transfer to a US university and got my Bachelor's degree.
So my point is, I never even have a High School degree to start with.
Do you think my Associate's and Bachelor's degrees are good enough?

Thank you!

I don’t know.

Dear @Sm1smom ,

I've received another interview letter from NBC dated in March.

The previous one was from my FO in Boston, which is in late February.

I'm assuming I should ignore the second one and attend the February interview.

Am I right? If else, what should I do?

IL issued by the NBC? That is quite unusual - where is the listed interview location on that notice, same as the one from your FO?

My suggestion is to hold on to the NBC issued letter for now, while you plan on attending the February appointment set by your FO.

IL issued by the NBC? That is quite unusual - where is the listed interview location on that notice, same as the one from your FO?

My suggestion is to hold on to the NBC issued letter for now, while you plan on attending the February appointment set by your FO.
Yes IL issued by the NBC .

The location of the both ILs is exactly the same place.

I was thinking maybe I could show it to the officer during the February interview.

hello everyone,
I just wanted to get some insight on the biometrics appointment. I have seen that many who have filed in October and November are still waiting for their biometric notices which is not reassuring at all. I wanted to know is there a certain waiting time? I know there is a lot of delay but I'm just worried till when this delay is gonna last. thank you everyone

I don't think there's anything we can do. The last time I talked to a USCIS agent, they told me to wait at least 90 days from the date my case was received, but people have been waiting longer than that now. We just have to wait. I'm not sure if someone else has a different opinion on this.

hello everyone,
Please, where did you see that?

You were supposed to make the payment with a cashier’s check or money order, and not with a personal check.

Anyway, send a new email to KCC requesting they send you an electronic copy of the payment receipt as you haven’t received the paper copy to-date (don’t use the old email thread you already initiated with them). Clearly state when you sent in the payment and when it was cashed from your account. Be sure to provide applicable information regarding your DV selection details.
Okay thank you very much! I will check to see how it goes.

Hi mom,

For form I-944, Part 2 Family Household - I am filing for myself and am the only one in my 'household'. To my understanding I should be listing myself as well in this section - do I need to check the boxes for 'does this individual live with you?" and "Is this individual filing an application for an immigration benefit..."

If so, is that 'yes' for both?

I don't think there's anything we can do. The last time I talked to a USCIS agent, they told me to wait at least 90 days from the date my case was received, but people have been waiting longer than that now. We just have to wait. I'm not sure if someone else has a different opinion on this.
Is this everyone that filed in those dates, that you know of, or some people have gotten their appointments? It does seem like an unusual long time

Is this everyone that filed in those dates, that you know of, or some people have gotten their appointments? It does seem like an unusual long time

Some people have gotten their appointment according to the timelines on the spreadsheet. I filed in mid-December and I'm waiting for my appointment notice, but these delays are affecting everybody and are caused by a backlog. Some people have been able to schedule their appointments on the phone with a tier 2 agent but I haven't tried. I think it is an unusually long time because from what I've read biometrics notices are generally sent 5-8 weeks after USCIS receives the case.

Some people have gotten their appointment according to the timelines on the spreadsheet. I filed in mid-December and I'm waiting for my appointment notice, but these delays are affecting everybody and are caused by a backlog. Some people have been able to schedule their appointments on the phone with a tier 2 agent but I haven't tried. I think it is an unusually long time because from what I've read biometrics notices are generally sent 5-8 weeks after USCIS receives the case.
DAMN! By reading the file I had assumed it takes about 4 months to get the GC but I guess not.

DAMN! By reading the file I had assumed it takes about 4 months to get the GC but I guess not.

It really depends on your case and location I think. I saw on the spreadsheet that a couple of people who filed in Oct have a scheduled interview date, so some cases are being processed in 4 months.

Hi mom,

For form I-944, Part 2 Family Household - I am filing for myself and am the only one in my 'household'. To my understanding I should be listing myself as well in this section - do I need to check the boxes for 'does this individual live with you?" and "Is this individual filing an application for an immigration benefit..."

If so, is that 'yes' for both?

In Part 2, 1A-1D, you don’t list yourself if you’re the only member of your household (that section is for listing other members of your household). Write N/A if you’re the only member of your household. Then write ‘1’ in 1E.

Updated response provided below in a new post

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

just a quick question, when they send the biometrics notice or interview notice, do they text us like they did with NOA? and do they update it on the uscis website? thanks for the help <3

Hello everyone,

just a quick question, when they send the biometrics notice or interview notice, do they text us like they did with NOA? and do they update it on the uscis website? thanks for the help <3
I got the bio ..the website stayed the same - so im guessing biometrics does not update. I have heard others saying they saw "interview scheduled' on the wesbite when they have gotten an interview date . So probably it might be just for interviews !